Hopes too high? DoF and future expansions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by KingHamMan, Apr 11, 2019.

1. KingHamMan New Member

I wanted to ask the community a few questions regarding what to expect for DoF, are the raids going to be meaningful and have gear that is worth doing the raids for? I have gone through the forums and have read that many people are upset with the quality of the raids with Vanilla (on Kaladim) and also some of the poor itemization choices. When I started playing Everquest 2 during the KoS expansion, it always "seemed" that there were heaps of content with lots of different gear sets and little items here and there to help with supreme optimization. Is that just non-existent? It really doesn't seem like much work to go through and actually work out these kinks... everything is in place already, just tweak around some numbers ;).

I absolutely love the Kaladim server, and was so hype when I heard about it. In fact, I stopped playing ALL GAMES and just started playing EQ2 exclusively just because of how much fun I was having on Kaladim. When I hit level 50 however, it's a whole new story. For those who aren't level 50, other than crafting and maybe finding a raid team , you're **** out of luck because you're going to be doing Icy Digs non stop for gear because it is actually better than most raid gear. Not to mention, the gear choices are atrocious. I never remember playing EQ2 and doing the same dungeon over and over for EVERY piece of gear ,UNLESS if it was a HUGE raid zone that actually took time, energy, and synergy. These raids clearly aren't, someone shed some light for me.

I'm the type of person who thinks raiding should be the end-game goal and dungeons should serve as the gateway to raids. Give the dungeons great loot, but make the uber strong drops exceptionally rare. This gives the players who don't raid a chance to get fantastic loot, and if they so choose, raid.. hmm, almost seems like i got this idea from another game I WONDER WHICH ONE
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

It's hard to say, we never know how bad itemization will be and because its new itemization theme for each TLE, its pretty much a crap shoot. If previous TLE is an indicator, it will launch with completely busted itemization, about 2 weeks into it there will be the much foretold 'itemization fix', and you'll end up with something that doesn't really make alot of sense.

There could be a gear progression and you could get upgrades by raiding, or the best gear could come from doing the solo beetle quest.

If you were to trend the results of expansions over the previous TLE's, DoF will be similar to Vanilla experience, but there isn't a single defacto best instance to do like Icy Digs, gear will be slightly more distributed.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

I'll stop you right there. We the "community" have no clue what to expect in DoF, other than it will last 16 weeks.

Raid encounters could be over tuned, undertuned, or if we are lucky some where in the middle.

Itemization, well we know it wont be perfect. It could be worse than what we have now, it could be better.
    Dude likes this.