Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

Yeah that banner looks like it ate some crack, then some Red Bull, and then some speed for good measure.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the heather in the highlands of Ireland and Scotland and in the Moors, its gorgeous.
    Mirt, Rosyposy, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, there's purple heather and white heather? Cool. :)

One thing I'd like to see/try in RL is heather ale. I've heard there's an actual brewery that re-created the ancient recipe! :D

And, yes, I too would love to see that as a house item...the plant, that is. ;->

Uwk
  4. Xavion Well-Known Member

for the love of god can we please get a massive increase in patchworks and rabbits i find it ridiculous we have a achievement for catching 1k rabbits when the event lasts 1 day and the rabbits are so scarce that at best you might find 3 in one area then have to fly half way around the zone to maybe find 1 or 2 more we need to either make them worth multiple pts for certain kinds or make the rabbit catching year round and make bristlebane day 2x the value.
    Mirt, Rosyposy, Kaitheel and 3 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or at least, make the bunnies available for the duration of the entire Bristlebane's Day holidays. I don't need one more thing to /target that I don't want to while I'm going for something else entirely year-round, but I'd be willing to put up with it for a couple of weeks. ;->

Uwk
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oof, Qeynos City Festival means we have purple shinies for THAT, as well as the April 1 shinies!
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure iffits only me - but at least for me the red shinie collection in the TS areas droppes ONLY "Dreak's Tin Spike" so far. I checkes Qeynos, Gorowyn and Halas, will sneak into Freeport next and check there. I tested respawning them by collecting and destroying them, but I have yet to see any other than this one. Can anyone confirm or have I just the most unlucky fingers ever?

Edit: Checked Freeport, same same - Spike only. Can't check Neriak; them Teir'Dal must have done something awesome nasty to feel the need hidin behind those nasty guards :eek:
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

This is how it has always been ... all the non-instanced crafting areas only have the spike. The rest of the collection can ONLY be found in the old tradeskill instances/cellars in NQeynos and WFP.
  9. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much Mom!! Savededst me! *runs back to searching*
    Soara2, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can get them in the basements very quickly Momo. A couple of years ago, I spent about 20 minutes in the main area and got about 60 of the spikes to cover all the slots on 4 accounts. And then spent about an hour in the basement and got enough of all the others to cover the same 60 of each for all the slots on 4 accounts. Now there are another 15 slots so I need to run in today and do those.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

We'll get that looking enticing again for next year. Good catch!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! I've put it on the list for next year, Pijotre. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Making the rabbits respawn faster is absolutely on the list for next year. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Pijotre Well-Known Member

On the note of bunny/rabbit nabbing, could that maybe be moved to the Beast'r Eggstravaganza event? I know it was introduced as a pun on Monty Python and thus is nearer to Bristlebane than (B)east('|e)r, but considering that it is "just" bunny nabbing now, I wonder if it couldn't be used to flesh out the easter event a bit and lessen the load of things to do on april 1st which is crazy enough even without the bunnies. I didn't do any bunnies again this year as I'm at 7/750 instead of a higher count, as the higher achievements were introduced later and don't count retroactively and I can't bring myself to nab them all again, especially after spending 7,5h to do the quests for the dice and the shiny collection.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

[digression]Really, really irritating. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care one way or another about retroactivity or the lack thereof (it's not like the Achievement Points can be "spent" for anything, but then again, neither could they in WoW, last I knew), so long as our various titles and/or house items aren't taken away from us. But when it means that every quest we've done before the achievements came in later don't count for the "Congrats! You've just done all the quests needed for this holiday achievement! Whattaya gonna do next? :D" bit, it does get profoundly annoying, especially when they're non-repeatable. :-/
    [/digression]

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

A friend of mine on AB got the title for 750 rabbits nabbed last night around 7:30 pm PDT, but his achievement total read 555. He logged out and back in and it still read 555. I had him /bug it. He submitted the bug under bunny nabbing or rabbit nabbing.

I don't know what happened after that as my ISP and cable crashed and did not come back until 2 am PDT.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Had he done a lot of the nabbing before the more recent achievements came out for bigger numbers? :-/

Uwk
    you want rideable brooms, I want grandfathered achievements (or at least an achievement system that will look at our Completed Quests list) :-/
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of things for maybe next year, Kaitheel, can we please, please, PLEASE get some sort of doo-dad, maybe sold by the Bristlebane merchants and maybe with X number of charges, or only work during the Holidays, or SOMETHING, to make little race individuals (Arasai, Dwarf, Fae, Froglok, Gnome, Halfling, Ratonga, etc.) bigger?? We have that lovely (well, lovely if you have your Illusions turned off...brr) Mystic Moppet Billy thing to make even the tallest Ogre shorter than a Human; we need some weight and reach if we're going to get even half of what the bigger races get in the Bounce thing in Sinking Sands. :-/

Uwk
    a proud owner of a Gnome who wasn't getting the Bouncers to trip even while STANDING ON THEM and who ponders: such an enlarging item might even be useful outside of Bristlebane, but this is when we need it the most
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of races, is it my imagination or are the Pies in the Snack Snatcher race giving a faster speed bonus (the regular speed afterwards seems slower than it had been), but not lasting for as long? I think I'd prefer it the other way around. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We have a LOT of illusion items that make you bigger, from Petrified Ogre Eye to wyvern illusions and even the Cloak of the Harvester.