LoN

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Seth, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Seth Well-Known Member

Now I know I know the answer to this but felt like writing it anyway.

Why do we have LoN items in the marketplace when LoN was removed from the game?
    Like I know you want cash and that is the answer to it all even though you wont admit it.

But it does sound pretty stupid to have something no longer in the game in the marketplace if that makes sense.

Just befuddles me why it was removed in the first place (Yeah I know they want cash) anyway like I honestly would not care if you left the packs in, bought back LoN, and made us pay a tenner for it.

Just seemed stupid to remove it in the first place.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I liked LoN and not just for the freebie packs every month.
    Soara2, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Apparently, enough people were not playing the card game, and people were turning to third party sellers to buy specific loot cards. Why spend developer time and company money maintaining a virtual card game that few people were actually playing, but really most people used as a kind of loot card lotto?

Now you're just getting a chance at loot from the various loot packs, almost all of which are house items, appearance items, or fluff.

The only reason I miss the card game is that I could post trades of a bunch of the cards that I'd never use since I didn't play the card games to get loot items I wanted.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'm glad we can still get the LoN loot cards - I just wish they either sold them individually, or in packs of like items rather than seasons. I'd rather buy a house pack, for instance, or a mount pack, etc.
    Soara2, Finora, Febrith and 4 others like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I only went into LoN to collect my loot cards. I wanted the house deeds. Scored one and some pretty cool stuff along the way.
    Sigrdrifa, Soara2, Finora and 5 others like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't like to gamble. They should just put the individual loot items up for sale, with the most desired ones priced high. they're counting on fools to buy however many packs to get the desired item instead, which I'm sure there are fools willing to do. I'm the same way about familiars and ,mercs on the Marketplace.
    Soara2, Breanna, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

When my monthly DBC rolls around I have been taking the 2 familiar packs. I will be doing this for awhile because I am looking for appearance replacements for Detritus Mulcher and it's fun to open a surprise package.

Maybe one day they will give us the option to have a guild flag-bearer and weapons-bearer (squire) as familiars.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.