GU 109 Update Comments

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Dyeana Active Member

A comment for GU 109 Update, Anchorage

Allow unused shovels and picks to be sold back at completion of the first quest. Used shovels and picks also should be able to sold to merchant pro-rated for the amount of damage (or usage) on the shovel or pick.

Currently both used and unused shovels and picks disappear from the inventory at the com[pletion of the quest. Any unused items should not should not just disappear. :eek:

Make the unused items able to be sold and don't just remove from the inventory when leaving the zone to complete the quest. Allow the player to at lease get back some of the fuel costs for the items made. Extra items made to complete the quest should not just vanish without compensation of some form. It takes more than the number made for the quest to progress thru the cave.

Would be nice if the items were repairable. :D

Thanks

Dye
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Dyeana Active Member

Anchorage comment,

Please review the 4 quests getting the Researchers to update to be independent of each other. Currently I an stuck not being able to complete the one in Kaladin. Mum mentioned another 2 of the rearchers had to be done in a specific order, so I guess all 4 need reviewed to remove the bug.

Thanks

Dye
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I had issues too with the Kaladim one but once I did the others and went back to her last she updated for me. I did have to talk to her twice though to get her to update, so for sure a bug of some sort.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Gninja came in on Sunday and fixed it apparently, because I had no issues running it Sunday after being stymied on one of my toons. Think there's a permafix going in on Tuesday after he broadcast the fix yesterday am.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

There will be a permafix next patch, but Gninja did came on a Sunday to fix zones on all servers (including Test because Kasa was stuck) and planned to do it today too if temporary fixes didn't stay (temporary fixes don't stay if zone goes down due to inactivity which happens all the time on Test).
    We couldn't test the "convince research to join" in beta as he wanted some kind of "working towards the goal on live" before we all put the dialog up on fansites (thanks to whoever credited me on wikia btw, not everyday that a french fansite gets credits! *hugs* A good chunk of those coming from Storms are far from fluent in english, so I had to put the dialog in fast).

On the Picks and Shovels part, your should do only picks. You can make your way to the right spot with 2 picks max, and if you take a wrong turn, carts in the cul-de-sac hold explosives recipe that will allow you to reach you goal faster.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As mentioned, you can make it to the end on 2 picks if you just clear what is needed to make it through without trying to clear everything. (Yeah, I know, not everyone reads the writeups that tell you to head SE and not clear everything.)

You're awarded 24p along with the familiar so that you can recover those fuel costs.

Also, since this is already live, feedback probably should have gone in the tradeskills forum. I know Gninja is watching those forums, but likely not the Test ones. (Not trying to be nitpicky at all, just trying to make sure you're not posting somewhere that the devs won't see your feedback.)
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Gninja Developer

I am reading all the places :p
    Febrith, Faeonara, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Gninja is everywhere, just like our beloved Kaitheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot hide anything from them anywhere!!!!
    Faeonara, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  9. Prox Well-Known Member

We found doing them all before turning them in was a quick work around.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Wait, you cannot hide from Gninja? But but but I toured my Gninja house with Lera yesterday and she saw everything and grabbed my gnome recipe books, you think he knows it? I tried to eat her afterwards to remove the witness I promise!

Great patchnotes indeed. I died in the Unfinished mine but I never managed to die in the anchorage, I feel bad not having tried it. Happy to see you managed to fix those coals. It did it a lot in beta, then way less, then way more on live, I wondered why. Must have been adjustment on geometry.
  11. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Kudos to all the Devs for a splendid GU . The quests involved to access the hourly tradeskill missions are fun and full of humour and relatively quick to do . The actual missions are also easy to do and the rewards are commensurate to the effort to complete them
    Well done guys and gals and all who tested things as well . <3 you all !
    Pijotre, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, that is why there is Ninja in his name. You know they are silent shadows. They can slip about unseen and blend into any background. And being small like a gnome, he could be blending into the pages of your cookbook.
    Pijotre and Breanna like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Why, oh why, are the Anchorage FURNITURE RECIPES five uses only? I could understand the nails or potion recipes, but HOUSE ITEMS? /boggle

Seemed like half the server was standing there waiting for the recipes to unlock on the Assistants, but what a let down!
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

(from my mention of it at this link.)

It was an intentional design decision for the reason cited above.

Feara and Breanna like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We hatesss it, we does!
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For some reason, the Anchorage researchers give out a lot of Limited Potions of Progress as rewards. They're NO-TRADE, NO-VALUE, and we don't need them for current content. I'd like all of the following suggestions implemented:

(1) Remove Limited Potion of Progress from the Anchorage loot table, or greatly reduce its chance

(2) Make the potions not LORE, and let them stack to 200.

(3) Let the potions be HEIRLOOM.

(4) Assign some small price, like 2g, to each and let us sell them.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You may not be using them. I do every chance I get them. Please do not remove them or change to lower the reward rate. Using them on the missions is perfect, four combines and done.

I'd be fine and very pleased with them being heirloom and/or the quantity we can hold increased.
  18. Gninja Developer

1) Sorry, but no.
    2) We will discuss it. No promises.
    3) We will discuss it. No promises.
    4) We will discuss it. No promises.
    Cyrrena, Faeonara, Pijotre and 2 others like this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Thank you for considering it!
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, what exactly is the Mischievous Beasty doing when it "Grants a bonus to public research mission contributions!"??

[IMG]
    Cyrrena likes this.