Any reason to keep toons on Fallen Gate?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tominator, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Tominator Member

I was playing on FG before I came to Kaladim. Admittedly, I haven't played on FG in some time, I'm a much bigger fan of the early game & expansions rather than the latter.

Anyway, when I went to create a new character to play on Kaladim, I had to either delete an existing FG toon, or, purchase an additional slot. I deleted one.

My question is - what happens to the old FG characters? I expect that server will die a relatively quick death once Kaladim kicks in. Is there any reason for me to keep my toons on FG? I can't imagine playing there when Kaladim has the lower tier populations I like.

I don't want to pay for additional slots if I don't need to!
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Only reason I can see to keep a character on FG - Completing easy HQ's to then purchase those items on Kaladim on a new character.

Other than that, likely not. 32 players total on FG currently. Eventually i'll be closed and merged into probably Antonia Bayle.
    Tominator likes this.
  3. Ghorast Active Member

Where are all those people who swore they'd stay there after Kaladim launch?
    Fistpower likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

We quit the game, cause they never itemized DoV.
    Ruallin Ebonhammer likes this.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I heard you got banned for trying to use console commands, but I guess quitting is a valid reason too.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some of us on FG are busy decorating houses. Some people are quietly questing.

With The Anchorage debuting, a lot of people are on alts over on Live right at the moment, but I expect that the shiny will wear off fairly soon as the researchers appear to research at the same rate no matter how many requisitions are being done (because all the servers with The Anchorage have the exact same amounts of research time, even though you'd think that more heavily populated servers would get research finished faster).

Ultimately, FG will be merged into a live server, probably Antonia Bayle. But not today. If you want to pay to move toons, you can. or you can wait and get a free transfer token.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, that it didn't seem to matter how many missions their time is their time. But the missions are still good and need to be done for the currency and other stuff you get. I actually got a box with stamina and potency and crit bonus? not sure the third one, it only gave 1 of the items and it picked for me it didn't let me pick but I thought that was pretty cool, first time I ever got one of those doing a mission.

I'm sorry off topic from the post, move on nothing to see here.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

No you can't. I've been asking for almost 6 months now. Transfer tokens are not available on FG, you're stuck there.

So delete or wait for some day to appear when you can move. There's no reason to be on that server. There are progression guilds on other servers that can do 90+ content far better than what FG has to offer. Frankly it's absurd server transfers aren't allowed, you should be able to leave when you want. At this point, it should be free.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

LOL, what?

The rumors people make up are amazing. I'd be pretty awesome if I could do all these things people say I do.
    Feara likes this.
  10. Nightroado New Member

The wife and I lost interest when they bombarded FG with Bonus EXP with those puppet raids. Killed the server for us. Swore to the wife that if they do it again, I'm out for good.