Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I enjoy raiding. I get what I need to raid, then I log out. There is no reason to do claymore/prismatic if you don't raid because the rewards that used to be good and entice non raids to do them no longer provide upgrades, the number of players who did this questline for fun is probably slim to none if you've ever done it before.

The complain about unrest/shard of fear is an allude to the fact that they come at the half way point, and not at the start, and eof had close to zero rewards for doing heroic zones on fallen gate sans running them to get soulfire. Guk 3 is a peculiar zone, and it was so hard, 90% of the server stopped bothering doing the hunter's union quest. Casuals couldn't kill it because the time it takes to earn a reward, wasn't there.

Also not putting guild halls onto TLE was a big mistake, cities were always scarcely populated as people just moved to guild houses, or bought depots so they could bot crafting in their houses, or sat in other zones. If people standing afk at a broker, or botting crafting at the tradeskill area means the server is populated, that perplexes me; truly. The city population was always empty, even at the start we never saw more than two city of freeport's both typically having only 20 people in each instance, from EoF-DoV we didn't really hit two anymore, and a typical /who would bring up 10?-30 players, majority who were afk.
    Zenji likes this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't you have to actively opt-in to have your info visible? I tell ya what, I won't argue it. I'mma just going to wait to see if DBG will someday tell us the real numbers.
  4. Aramic New Member

I'm super excited for Kaladim, I've played on both Stormhold, and Fallen Gate and by the sounds of it Kaladim will attempt to be a bit more balance gear wise. There's always that group of people who literally blast through all the content with their friends and then complain about the time between expansions is too long. I hope everyone comes and plays on Kaladim but to the people like Adoninilol please don't play on the server and then sit on the forums or in game general chat and ***** about how much the server sucks and how they should of done things this way or that way just go play apex with the rest of the normies.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is always a group of people who come to the forums and complain about the people who say the time between the expansions are too long.

If you played on both SH and FG, you know the longer the expansion goes the more of the player base you lose between expansions.

The vast majority of the complaints by people like Adoninlol are legitimate complaints about the atrocious itemization, class imbalances or improperly tuned raid encounters.

If it wasn't for the complaints you are whining about from people like Adonilol, many of the things that have been fixed would have never happened.

There are a variety of types of players in this community, but the number of players is shrinking. So maybe stop telling a group of them to go to a different game because you don't like what they have to say.
    Errrorr likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Quoted for Emphasis.

If nobody speaks up about the issues, they will always remain issues. Players like Atan and Adonilol should be commended for the effort they've put into TLE feedback in all honesty.
    Mermut and Mountbatten like this.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

"I hope everyone comes and plays on Kaladim except the people I don't agree with because their time, money and opinions don't carry as much weight as mine, even though they've played this game for 10+ years, know the mechanics inside and out, and despite the obvious issues with the servers were still willing to put in countless hours of their time to help identify issues to get them fixed. Oh, and they're normies too because I couldn't leave this thread without a parting shot to show my obvious superiority."
    Zenji likes this.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We just looked at the average # of players in the top few guilds who had their profile listed and took that % and added that to the list. As it tells you in the breakdown of guild members.

Regarding "opting in" you are automatically not hidden on the daybreak feed unless you specifically click the box in the character window, i've found most players don't know it exists/don't care.

The few who dare care are hiding it because they don't want their raid leaders (me) to look at their specs and question their decisions.

I also played both, and I can attest to the fact that without feedback/complaints than nothing would've been done. You can go back and look at my myriad of posts on various topics. I've found on fallen gate at least, that if nothing is said, the devs assume nothing is wrong. Not that everything gets fixed, but quite a few fixes went in because of threads/pms/emails from a variety of players, casuals, raiders, "hardcore players".

I actually made an entire spreadsheet of every single good item in DoF, listing its stats, where it drops, and what items were best in slot.

In that same spreadsheet I listed why heroic items being better than DMP loot was a bad idea, and how to fix the items to actually make a cohesive itemization for the future expansions that made sense. I even gave feedback on specific stats and how they don't equate to other stats per the loot randomizer, as the loot randomizer picks the nine stats selected and blanket applies them regardless of what the difficulty of the mob is, but instead on the tag of the item (fabled, legendary, etc.) You would get a helmet from raids with no crit, ab mod, dps mod, or haste, instead get MA, 0.1 flurry, the same potency as the heroic helmet, and max health.

I sent a email to kander/caith containing class balance issues on the server, within a month, manaburn was nerfed, and summoners got a small (but they tried) buff to dps. They didn't always take my suggestions, they didn't always reply/care. But at least it was better than sitting there and saying nothing~

In regards to gninja and raids, I am extremely optimistic about raiding on this server, had I not gone through a two year experience of leading raids and dealing with the issues of fallen gate, I would be inclined to come back and play. Perhaps when TSO comes out, as that xpac is my favorite raiding wise. Gninja was super responsive from the moment he put our leaders in the raid council forums, and also got put in charge of tuning mobs. If this level of communication/transparency continues from t5 onwards, this server will thrive.
    GrunEQ, Bekkr and Zenji like this.
  9. Udonn Active Member

Roxxlyy, shouldn't this News and Announcements section announce when events are live, as in Bristlebane Day, Erolissi, etc? The only place people see these announced is on the splash page of the launcher when they are logging in. Doing all announcements here would allow everyone to see what is now live without having to start a login, and make sure they look at the notes. I always thought this is where they were meant to be announced, just like the name of the forum.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Siren like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

"Top few guilds" by what measure? You would have to look at everybody, not just a "top few guilds". Family-style guilds, casual guilds etc. count, too. As do unguilded players.
    Cyrrena, Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Probably by population and activity. It's not that hard to query census data.

Edit: Also, census is opt-out, not opt-in...so only those who explicitly don't want to be counted get included in the stats.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We literally looked at number of players 61+, 71+, 81+ on the census. It's not hard to just look at the raw numbers in that regard. It's kinda skewed because of the number of alts/bots. But we came up with like 800 characters 81+ a month into SF. We gave a +100 cushion in regards to people who opt-out of the census, we took how many players in the top few guilds who are excluded, gave that a % multiplier to the opt-in, and thats how we came up with our numbers. The lower we got in progression the fewer players we found in each guild were hiding their toons.
  13. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

I am an Everquest 1 player and I played on Fallen Gate. I wanted to see what I missed over the years, go through the lore and see a different take on the zones. I don't have the advantage others have. I likely miss quests, zones, etc. The XP was just too bad on Fallen Gate for me, and I didn't have time to commit to grinding it out in Blackburrow when I was having groups in EQ1 doing the same group grind.

I thought it was a real shame. If I played long enough, maybe I buy the expansion. Maybe some friends join me. But instead I left with the feeling that Fallen Gate was mainly to get players to buy XP pots.

I am wanting to try it again, but if the XP rate is the same I won't stick around this time either which is too bad, cause I really want to try the game out on this TLE. I just don't want to grind endlessly for what feels like little reward.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

You got 4 months to get to 50 and do what ever your desired end game is. It is more than enough time for even a casual player.

I do think would be wise of them to increase XP rates of previous tiers as the server progresses into future expansions.
    Bekkr likes this.
  15. Keldo Member

I'm honestly kind of shocked that an EQ1 player would feel that way about the XP on Fallen Gate. I'm not by any means objecting or disagreeing with your experience; I just remember EQ1 for its first 4-5 years and the XP was VERY, VERY slow-going! From original to Luclin/POP-era, even a really high-functioning grind group in an XP "hotzone" could consistently hardgrind/chainpull for hours to maybe get a single level.
    Raveno Puppykicker likes this.
  16. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

I can kind of tolerate slow XP on EQ1. I enjoy being around different people and grouping, but I really hate going to the same camp day after day after day. Coirnav is a recent TLP that some people will say didn't do so well due to the slow XP and I didn't play there long either.

My real complaint was that I was playing EQ2 by questing. It was fun running around, but I didn't find any more quests, so at that point I had to grind like 5 levels grouping in Blackburrow. I never grinded at all. I don't know what else I was doing in EQ1, but that had something to do with it. In EQ1 i do nothing but group, but when time is limited, I just felt like I couldn't commit to grinding out 5 levels to be able to quest again, then I would likely be grouping somewhere else soon again to make up for what I felt like was a lack of quest XP, if that makes any sense.

This time around I am going to be on three EQ TLPs and playing on live. I will likely be in the same situation. If I can XP doing quests, I will make time. It was really fun. But unless you all tell me that a main part of EQ2 is grinding it out by killing mobs because we run out of quests, I am going to feel like this TLE isn't how the game was meant to be played and we are grinding to fill in xp gaps from bad planning. If I am wrong and EQ2 is mostly about grind groups, then maybe I will suck it up and group more, I don't know, but I will consider it.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

You can solo up enough points via quests to get yourself from tier to tier, but you have to be willing to travel a lot. On FG first expac, I had to do all Q newbie quests, then travel to FP and do the outside zone quests there, then do all of commonlands followed by all of antonica, plus the under city zones (three in each city). The book quests are boring, but help in giving you more to do in the under city zones.

There are quests in dungeons, though, so if you want to group that's the way to see some content you won't see otherwise unless you outlevel the zones. Fallen Gate, Stormhold, and Runnyeye are the popular quest-related ones. Not so much Runes of Varsoon and Cazic-Thule. Sol's Eye depends on the group.

Best bet is to find a guild of casuals who like to group together to do quests, and you'll be golden.
    Raveno Puppykicker and Siren like this.
  18. Elskidorr Active Member

We're all much older and I think many of us would just prefer getting to the meat and potatoes rather than grinding like a second job after getting off work. Not comparing original EQ years to EQ2's TLE but Fallen Gate was pretty brutal compared to EQ's Agnaar TLP in which I decided to go to instead ultimately. I would have stuck it out but my friends were burnt fairly quick and gave it the middle finger. I see a steep xp wall having more negative effects to DGBs pockets than the quick buck they'll make off of xp potion sales the first month.
  19. Naneel Member

“What’s Happening on Kaladim?
    Kaladim is a Time-Locked Expansion server where expansions unlock automatically. Kaladim will also have a new twist on Collection Quests. Completing Collection Quests on this server will reward 3 new achievements from each expansion aside from the normal collection quest rewards and achievements that are provided. These will give new rewards and titles unique to only Kaladim, but once obtained may then be applied to all characters on your account. Kaladim will also have a twist on Heritage Quests. Completing a Heritage Quest on this server will not only provide the quest reward, but an additional reward on EVERY server you play on.”

I’m jazzed about the new rewards and account wide unlocks. Has that been done before on other TLEs? I’ve only ever played on live.
  20. OldRodKS Member

Fallen Gate had a system where if you completed a Heritage Quest on FG, you got the quest reward item unlocked on other servers for all your characters to purchase with a voucher