Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And they are going to be made available to all other servers too! That is great! I miss Castleview Hamlet.
    Finora, Namian, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

Happy about: No familiars, beastlords, channelers and inclusion of old city neighborhoods.

I'd like to hear more about:
    • Itemization. Is this going to be different than FG?
    • XP rates. With 4 months per xpac, is the xp rate going to be slower than FG?
    • Claimed mounts and illusions from new xpacs. Will these be available? I hope not.
    I will be there for Kaladim and sounds much better than SH and FG. Third time is a charm.
  3. Surgeon Active Member

This sucks. This is the death of Fallen Gate.
    Let me guess, this Kaladim server will also die once DoV is about to unlock.
    All that time spent for NOTHING!
    So that means there will be no 110 CD version of the coldain ring, the skinning knife, the shell shield, snowchipper.

"Yo dawg, we overtuned the SF gear and DoV gear is worse than it was"
    "I'm too busy with getting my *** kissed on discord, create a new TLE and we'll run a script, give them some titles for collections and let them re-grind again"
    "What about exp rates?"
    "Let them bleed, minimum exp only, no bonuses, 0.1% per heroic mob"
    "Ok boss. But they won't like this"
    "I don't care. We rule \m/"
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

If Everquest 1 is any indication , we will get many more TLSes with different ideas and rewards.
    another new thing is there also will be an emphasis on Collections besides the Heritage quests, who knows , next time it might be signature quests .

I do not think Fallen Gate was that bad. I think the idea is also for people to begin new.
    Now I wished they bring back the livelong membership, I had just not the money the last time around.

I think the way they will open up the new villages is by having the mobs only appear and interact with the people who have those quests . Having 2 destinations on the door would work too.
  5. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Not to be mean, but all TLE servers are by nature temporary or at least semi temporary , it is the nature of that particular beast .
    I play the TLE servers as much to earn account rewards ,as to enjoy the nostalgia and new start fun.
    I also love playing a server that consists of all paid accounts, there is a definite difference in the over all population behavior that is markedly noticeable and enjoyable to play with.
    I am looking forward to playing Kalidim for what ever length of time it is active and remains fun .

As for asking about all the numbers , meh I save numbers (very exact ones at that ) for shopping, bill paying and banking ... this is a fantasy game and I play it 'seat of the pants' , winning the fight being the measure that usually works for me .
    Mistikal68, Fetish, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

Well, the rollout of FG rang the deathknell of 2 servers. Stormhold & IoR. Are we attracting new people or just shuttling around a bored & finicky playerbase?
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm not bored nor finicky. I just finally got settled in on Fallen Gate (finally got time to play games due to former real-life constraints). I would have been quite happy for them to have simply added those neighborhoods and new collections to Fallen Gate, and I'll bet most of the same people would have come back/been subbing for Fallen Gate over that, instead of Kaladim.
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Ghorast Active Member

I don't think most people coming to Kaladim care one bit about suburbs or achievements from collections but a fresh start with hopefully better itemization and no pay to win familiars and crap like that. And does anyone really have nostalgia for chains of eternity?
    Fetish, Schmetterling and Kalika like this.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

It would be nice too if they managed to balance things a bit, on FG my paladin can pvull a whole map of anything not ^^^ an does not get a scratch in treasured gear ... This is fun but quickly boring.Only raids seems to make sense, and well raiding is very quickly boring because lot of raiders are truly thinking that they rock, but most are just the local random Joe with good gear ... Our guild used to be nice but we got quite invaded by Beavis & Butthead type and people are now more and more selfish and just seem to care about their gear.
  10. Elskidorr Active Member

8 months in Classic and Desert of Flames with horrible xp and you've got a perfect recipe for a third failed TLE.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

That was the very first thing that popped into my mind when I saw four months per expansion. "Great Ceasar's Ghost, the XP must be absolutely horrible!"

Next I thought, "Well, I can stay on FG and wait for the neighborhoods to come there later," and then "Maybe I'll briefly peek in on Kaladim, get the special titles and collections if they're not at end game, then run back to Fallen Gate." :p
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

You just got settled into a server that has been around for 18 months? Sorry you got a late start because of IRL.

I'll bet most the same people going to Kaladim, is because they don't want to be on FG. The most common "golden era" of EQ2 was KoS - TSO. That has passed on FG, not to mention the ridiculous itemization, the pay 2 win familiars, etc. So I think it is a fair guess that those who prefer the golden era, are also those would like to see itemization attempted again and not so fancy on p2w familiars are the majority of your TLE players. Not the ones that want to stay on FG.
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm adding my vote to wanting to know the XP rates. I'd rather have it double what it was on FG, both adventure and tradeskill (60% of live). The FG rate was painful, and it took away the desire to solo as there appeared to be no reward. Those who think it's too fast can level lock.

I am curious what the HQ rewards are, considering FG has live flagged rewards already (which were great for soloers).
    Kurisutaru, Fetish, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  14. Molly New Member

So pumped about this server! Loving the longer expac time at 16 weeks. Except for Desert of Flames of course. FTS.
    Rienna and Toxify like this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what time during FG you are referring too. But yes, there is no reason to have really slow XP. I think live XP is a tad on the fast side, but Vanilla FG it took ~80 hours of group grinding to hit 50. It was so bad that you couldn't keep up in levels in the linear questing zones like DLW or FF sea. So either the linear questing rehab the game got during EoF needs to be reversed to how it used to be pre GU 35 or the XP rates need to be increased significantly from what FG had at release.

The quicker it is to level the more likely people are to make alts, and the easier it is for new players to get caught up down the road.
  16. Dazed'NConfused New Member

As someone who loved the glory days of EQ2, I’m intrigued and interested in returning. I quit the last two TLE servers for numerous reasons. Necro and Conj pets tanking raid mobs was lame to me. Also, it seemed like everything was ultra easy mode. Every type of player could sleep walk through zones that were a challenge in the original game. I quit during EoF, even though RoK was my favorite expansion. I just knew that while the RoK content was on the horizon, I didn’t enjoy the non challenging state of the game. Nothing against the casual player, but it was nice to have some group/raid zones that couldn’t be cleared by everyone. I do have concerns about the length of each expansion. I could probably keep myself occupied in vanilla with an alt, but DoF will be a bore and I’m afraid the player base will lose interest. That being said, I think it would be fine in subsequent expansions. I’m looking forward to seeing how it shakes out. Hopefully it’ll be as original as possible and allows the above average-elite player to be somewhat challenged and not sleep walk through content.
    Mistikal68 likes this.
  17. Elskidorr Active Member

Faster xp just helps the overall health of the server. Most people don't want to grind like it's a second job. Many will regardless, but lots will go play elsewhere. It's just not fun for casuals or hardcores. I do hope they haven't already settled on another Fallen Gate XP launch.
    Mashef, Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that was just my thought Stormhold was not able to hold on , because it was just to dysfunctional.
    Fallen Gate works a lot better.
    So I will stick my nose into Kaladim and come back for my Channeler on FG. and to see my familiar and other such things.
    And if I want to be really radical I can even visit the old servers.

I have met many people who have not played in years and wanted to come back well this is a good time to do that.
    On EQ1 they have many TLS still running and there are plans to bring out 2 new ones , at least that's what I understood.

I like the idea to have 2 servers at different steps of the game to play on , for variety.
    4 months is to long for some people I understand , but for people who prefer not to rush through the game not looking left or right 4 months is much better than only 3
    I think next TLS should be to do as many as possible quests that would slow most people down .
    Maybe the first part of the game Shattered lands should be even longer because the area is so big.

I have a feeling that those HQ rewards are simply taken over by the new server , I think Daybreak expects people to move over from FG. but we will see what they really have in mind.
    Mistikal68 likes this.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

Agreed, 4 months per expansion post DoF is fine. Assuming content is decently tuned and itemization is done well enough that farming at least some gear is required to progress.

DoF, I just don't see it doing well at 4 months. Not all expansions were created equally. DoF in it's very first iteration on live lasted what 5 months before KoS? So I feel an exception for DoF could be made, maybe 2 months of DoF?
    Molly likes this.
  20. Elskidorr Active Member

Yes, they have 5 running and their 2 new ones consist of a super fast high xp/1 month unlock racing through 25 expansions hardcore and a more traditional 3 month unlock with medium xp casual flow TLP. After the announcement there I wondered if EQ2 might try to be more experimental this go around for their newest. It's good to see they've addressed some balancing at least. If done well, TLEs are a great opportunity to bring old players back into the fold.
    Zenji likes this.