Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Are you ready to relive your epic journey from the earliest days of EverQuest II? Heed the call of adventure and return to the Isle of Refuge once again on the new Time-Locked Expansion Server, Kaladim! The Kaladim server is scheduled to launch on Saturday, March 16, 2019.

[IMG]

What’s Happening on Kaladim?
    Kaladim is a Time-Locked Expansion server where expansions unlock automatically. Kaladim will also have a new twist on Collection Quests. Completing Collection Quests on this server will reward 3 new achievements from each expansion aside from the normal collection quest rewards and achievements that are provided. These will give new rewards and titles unique to only Kaladim, but once obtained may then be applied to all characters on your account. Kaladim will also have a twist on Heritage Quests. Completing a Heritage Quest on this server will not only provide the quest reward, but an additional reward on EVERY server you play on.

Content Unlocks Every 16 Weeks
    Every 16 weeks, new expansion content will automatically unlock on Kaladim. That means you'll experience 16 weeks of classic EverQuest II, 16 weeks of Desert of Flames, 16 weeks of Kingdom of Sky, and so on. Any content that was released in between expansions, including GU and Adventure Pack content, will release 8 weeks after its corresponding expansion has released. For example, 8 weeks after Kingdom of Sky is released, you’ll have access to Fallen Dynasty.

All Races, But Not All Classes
    Channelers and Beastlords have been deemed “out of progression” for the Kaladim server. These newer classes will not be included as their newer spells and play styles are out of place for this journey.

New Itemization and Balance
    Items have neem adjusted down to better fit the server's progression and to be more similar to original item stats. Itemization will change drastically from Shattered Lands to Velious. This, combined with a major encounter balance and player ability update, will restore more the classic feel of the original launch.

Return of the Hoods
    We will be reopening the hoods and villages for Kaladim, like Big Bend, Longshadow Alley, the Baubleshire and Nettleville. Quest content in these villages will remain changed, but the hoods themselves will be there to access and reminisce. In time, these hoods will also be available for all other servers.

Familiars
    Familiars have also been deemed “out of progression,” and will not drop on Kaladim. They will not be available for purchase on the server.

All Access Membership Required
    Like other progression and special ruleset servers, you’ll need an All Access Membership to access Kaladim. All Access also includes other great benefits, like 10% off most Marketplace purchases, and a claimable 500 DBC grant each month! You can learn more about membership here.

We’re excited to have you join us for the new Kaladim Time-Locked Expansion Server, on Saturday, March 16!
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Can you comment on Spell Research? I would be confident in saying most of the community does not want it on TLE.
    Rhodris, Siren, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hoooooooooods! *drools*
    Kurisutaru, Pixistik, Febrith and 5 others like this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Guild Halls?
    Spell Research?
    Content Balance pass?
    XP rates?
  5. Bidnessman New Member

Heck ya I've got a crew of friends who have been itching to relive our EQ2 days. Looking forward to this new server!
  6. Riot Incoming New Member

No purchased expansion items , like sale crate and clockwork illusions?
    No Exp pots?
    Hayden Mathew, Rhodris and Siren like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

So, the current live "hoods" are overrun with mobs and look nothing like the old, original neighborhoods did.

Will there be a separate, different zone-in point for each launch era hood, and another different zone-in point for each neighborhood's current-day (live server type) version?

So in essence, will there be two different zone-ins for each neighborhood-- one for the original zone, and a second one for its new version?
    splatterpunk28 likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

And is there a proposed launch time ETA on March 16th for this server?
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is exciting!
    Kurisutaru and Breanna like this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

Sweet art!

Love the Server name.
    Breanna and Gwybur Brightblade like this.
  11. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Everything one could have hoped.

Maybe disabling research too but lets not get too picky. Thanks!
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What would make this perfect you ask? To go back to starting as a priest, druid and then selecting warden!
    I really do miss that part of the game.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Lord no! What repetitive a pain in the rear that was! Being "your class" from level 1 like it is now, with a Shadowknight getting SK spells and a Pally getting Pally spells, etc. right from the get-go, makes each class more distinct and unique without the tedium.
    Juraiya, Rhodris and Zenji like this.
  14. Beet New Member

Any guild starting up to hardcore raid through the expacs? I'm very interested if so
  15. Shonshazzitt Active Member

So that means all the work put into Fallen Gate server will be for naught... Since people will follow the masses, and FG will be merged into something else, that unfortunately is inevitable.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How is it for naught? All the toons, their progression, the guilds and their progression etc. will still have everything they've achieved. I'm guessing that if FG pop drops, then they'll merge it with AB, but who knows?
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sigh here we go again , I wonder if any TLS ever makes it past Sentinels of fate.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

DoV is dropping on Fallen Gate in a few days-- February 26th I think. I feel your pain, though; I just finally got around to playing my FG characters starting this past December. Previous to this, I just didn't have much time for gaming. It figures. ;)
  19. Twelvetrees Member

How is this server different to the Time Locked servers launched a year or two ago?
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

Return of the Hoods
    We will be reopening the hoods and villages for Kaladim, like Big Bend, Longshadow Alley, the Baubleshire and Nettleville. Quest content in these villages will remain changed, but the hoods themselves will be there to access and reminisce. In time, these hoods will also be available for all other servers.

This part is interesting to me. Too bad we can't have the old quests back too as I would love to go through them. I'm glad they will appear on other servers too. I hope it is a version without hostile mobs and that we can move back into the housing there.
    Feara, Kurisutaru, Finora and 7 others like this.