What are Coercer Top Spells

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Perciful, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Perciful Active Member

Question for knowledgeable Coercers: Minus Ascensions, What Coercer spells should I be prioritizing for upgrade to Ancient / Celestial?
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

And to me, if you really want to play the Coercer, that you have to think yourself. For me is his priority is charm. But it's right for solo. And for me. And that not always. Sometimes he just runs for other my toon and fills it with force. Open it https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Coercer And think before you run further. Why, where and with whom you run, etc. If you play with others, tell them what you are capable of, and they will tell you that from this they would like.. So I don't know the answer. Also I don't know the Coercer. But I suspect that he will become oho-ho. It's capable of a lot of things
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If I remember right, and not too much has changed, your biggest 3 are generally;
    • Hostage
    • Puppetmaster
    • Brainshock

Other worthy contenders;
    • Destructive Mind
    • Shock Wave (Dependent on number of AoE fights this expac)
    • Spell Curse (Dependent on number of linked AoE fights this expac)
    • Hemorrhage (Semi decent filler spell).
    Take this with a pinch of salt, I've not played this expansion, but I can't see much has changed with the coercer class.
    Rizzo likes this.
  4. Gregore Active Member

Other above have pretty much listed all of the Coercer spells to upgrade to ancient first, but none of them are worth upgrading to celestial over your Etherealist ascensions...and if you didn't go Etherealist on your Coercer you're wasting your Coercer's true potential!