Dragon rider bundles gone

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rargo, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Rargo Active Member

So what is the purpose of removing the bundles from the Marketplace? Were the infusers too good? Or was it the research reducers? Just don't want my money any more?
  2. Kander Developer

They will return next month with the new 110 bauble.
  3. Rargo Active Member

Good news! Can you make them better too? Thank-you

And maybe a Barding slot un-locker bobble thingy too please??
  4. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Are you going to update the Noble Aerakyn bundle too? Pretty pointless with only a level 90 boost.
    \aITEM -856738561 481692857 0 0 0:[Noble Aerakyn + Heroic Character + Slot]\/a

Also the level 110 bauble is not featured in the NEW section.

Adding a way to view the included gear crate with the bauble would proberbly also help in selling these instead of having to dig around on wikia to find it.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  5. Yenk Active Member

And please do not forget to offer additional hotbars in the standard-ui.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Wonders if it will be another unannounced nerfed version like you did with the tradeskill bauble
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

It cracks me up that some players want to play with their entire eq2 window full of hotbars. Six is enough, ten is more than enough.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That isn't going to happen with a Marketplace update. And the devs keep telling us that there are already too many hotbars, they take up precious screen real estate, yadda yadda. The DarqUI offers a couple of pseudo-toolbars that can help. You can regain some hotbar space, however.

First, check the DPS of each of your spells/CAs. You will find that there are several that don't do much DPS, and actually lower your DPS because they're slow-casting and only useful in rare situations. Take these off your hotbars completely.

Next, carefully review what each of your Ascension spells does. I don't use all of mine, some are just meh, and for as long as Ascensions take to case, you only want the best up on your hotbars anyway. Look hard at the Ascensions that aren't part of Ascension combos... does that spell really help you much? If not, banish it.

Do you have all your buffs on the hotbar? I make a series of buff macros (labeled Buff 01, Buff 02, Pet Buff 01, Group Buff 01, etc.) Stick two buffs into each macro. That halves the number of hotbar slots your buffs occupy.

Do you have a bunch of social macros? Evaluate them as to how often you use them, and whether it would be better to just use the proper slash command for the emotes and /say, /gsay, etc. for text components. I got rid of almost all of mine.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really depends on your class and playstyle.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  10. Yenk Active Member

Redlight said:
    "It cracks me up that some players want to play with their entire eq2 window full of hotbars. Six is enough, ten is more than enough."

You're talking nonsense, Redlight. More hotbars would be useful.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yenk Active Member

Ok Sigrdrifa. But it is a pity anyway.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

How so? I have played 25 classes at max level and with all potions in the hotbar as well you will need a max of 6 hotbars. Unless you want every single cosmetics/port to twark/ type of item slotted, yes you will need more, but you can also open your inventory for stuff that you don't often use.
    Pixistik and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not true, depends on the class my Mystic has 10 full hotbars other classes like beastlord can get away with less yes but some classes nope need more. My Pally is almost full to I had to get rid of some stuff I normally kept on there like totems and stuff to make room for the ascensions and had to limit the ones I choose.

I guess it is a preference thing for some people but I prefer being ready for any situation as opposed to having to hunt threw bags or the spellbook for what I need.
    Crastinal, Cyrrena, Pijotre and 2 others like this.
  14. Dilon Active Member

I wish there had been a heads up on this. Is it possible to return them until next patch?
  15. Wimble Active Member

Would a couple of raiders in the top 5 or so guilds be brave and say honestly how many bundles of infusers they've gotten through this expac and how many more they'll need? curious.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't belong to a top 5 raid guild, but I harvest my hiney off, have various crafters make stuff using mass production, then salvage it. That gives me the fragments to craft infusers., which I also do via mass production. I didn't sit down once to do this. Every couple of days when I had several day's worth of harvesting done, I'd make, break, then craft infusers, probably 300-400 each time. You keep doing that until it won't infuse anymore.

Then you switch over to crafting weapons/secondary (weaponsmith, woodworker, tailor, armorer, jeweler), salvage those for weapons essences, and infuse your weapons.

The whole process is repeated every time you get a new piece of gear. Therefore, you really want to do the little daily harvesting quests from the guild hall gatherers on as many of your toons as you can manage. This is the way to get those Essences of Chaos you need, and it doesn't take but 15 minutes or so to complete. There's quite a bit of gear and such that boosts harvesting, so it goes fast.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  17. Sowy Active Member

Preorder Buff. That's what we really need because these zones seem to have been done with float in mind
  18. Redlight Well-Known Member

Preference thing of what? Having all totems on your hotbars and all possible potions instead of the few things that are relevant right now? I could solo heal all heroic CD content on a mystic with a single hotbar. Etherealist has the highest amount of useful ascension spells and all those don't fill up a full hotbar. Profession/AA abilities that are useful should take up 3-4 hotbars max on a paladin, excluding perma buffs. Since TSO I have played with 5-6 hotbars on my standard personal UI. I really do not understand how people manage to fill 10 hotbars, unless if it is 40% junk, which a toptier player would never even use, meaning it is pretty much useless.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sorry Redlight most of us is wrong and you are right. Forgive me for not being a top tier player. How about you play your way and let everyone else play there way. Not everyone wants to be uber like you.
    Crastinal, Mirt, Tommara and 7 others like this.
  20. Revanu Well-Known Member

Breanna you just got a gold medal from me. It has absolutely zero value but it’s redeemable at the lol@everyone store on majdul.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.