Fragments of Planar Energy and Masters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Simien, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Simien Active Member

Do the fragments (superior, greater) drop in the Obulus PQ without having the quest? I am finding it very difficult having missed PoP getting the Greater Fragments to raise my epic spell tier. I run T2 every day and have not seen one Greater drop as well as doing the Obulus PQ several times a day.

In addition to that, do Masters drop in any of the CD content? Also finding it difficult to get masters drops so I can upgrade to grandmaster. Any advice/info is appreciated.
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

The fragments are mostly from mission reward from dailies and weeklies, but you need to have done your epic 2, not just gotten the spells from CD sig line. They do drop in chests in CD...extremely rarely. I saw a Lesser one drop at end of Water T2, but never seen another.

Masters are rarer than the proverbial rocking horse s***. I run PoP raids with some friends every week to farm them, we just clear the T1's and the odd T2 and usually net between 3 and 6 Masters per run. You will need 12 people/toons though, as there is a mechanic in the zones that gank you if you try with less than 12. Fewer well geared toons could kill the stuff, so you can just box some alts in if required to make up the 12 and leave them dead at the door.
  3. Simien Active Member

4. Tajar Well-Known Member

PoP and KA missions sorry, it was 3am when I wrote it hehe
  5. Simien Active Member

There is a time stamp on your post.

Are you sure they drop in KA missions? I could farm those easily.
  6. Gerak Well-Known Member

There may be a time stamp but there is no location stamp to denote posters local time.
  7. Simien Active Member

That is very true. Now that we have that out of the way, can you answer the question in the OP?
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

I'm in Scotland.

But yes, KA missions give them as a possible reward. Also the Obulus PQ.
    Simien likes this.