Do the 3 guild hall harvesters all give the same quest?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Feb 18, 2019.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Since we only have room for one.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

They give different quest (if you are talking go here and harvest this) they give the quest to match what they harvest. So if you have only 1 you'll be harvesting the items from that harvester and nothing from the others. If that makes sense. Like you'll harvest just bushes and not the stones, or you'll harvest the stones and not the bushes or dens.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Each one gives a quest for their specific area. In other words, to get all areas covered you will need all three harvesters. I see Breanna and I were answering at the same time, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this since we say the same thing, haha.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Breanna like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

You worded a bit better though LOL I got a bit wordy trying to think of how to phrase it.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can avoid getting any of the harvesters, if room or cost is an issue. Just visit guildhalls near you until you find one that allows others to talk to their harvesters. Ask in chat is another way.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you're on Maj'dul, the harvesters in Sapphire Gate (in South Qeynos) are usable by visitors.
    Cyrrena and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ancient Legacies should also be set up for people to use, also on Maj'Dul. If not please let me know.
    Cyrrena and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

One questgiver is for gathering, one for mining and one for hunting (fishes are in hunting). Its recommendable to complete all three quests with every toon, otherwise you will have issues to get an essence of chaos. It seems the chance to get an essence is 1% . My three toons completed 600-700 guildharvest-dailies and gotten 6 essences.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

OK thanks for the info guys and gals!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

You're lucky. I did them every day for a few months on many alts, and never saw a single essence.
    Quillyne and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've gotten two since the xpac launched. In fact, about three weeks ago, I noticed planar energies have disappeared as well. And yes, I've spent hours harvesting in both CD and PoM, where they used to drop like candy. Since I don't believe in coincidence, to go from 1-2 a day to nothing in three weeks tells me someone has dialed back the chances for these.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Seefar like this.
  12. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Yep, same here. I got 7 essences in the first few weeks along with lots of planar energies, foundations and spellshards and then they all just stopped.