Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

What's the point of this PQ during a holiday if it gives out the same rewards as a normal CD pq?
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Yea, fraid I am gonna skip this event this year, maybe by next year with whats left of the community they will see the error of their ways.
    Stepped into a fabled version of the Hill, promptly was met with mobs I couldn't hurt that could oneshot me an my merc.
    The Hill, standard encounter level mentored to 20, the mobs couldn't hurt me, I could oneshot the whole zone if I wanted..and for a heirloom level 20 adornment? Really?
    Its not intuitive nor fun, balance is completely off and the CD rewards just don't cut it.
    Not even going to try with the PQ.

From what I can see its nothing but a copy paste of the mechanics you use in Pop and CD heroic zones for the fabled versions.
    An already unpopular game mechanic for a yearly event is not a great idea and now that I think about it, neither is the unpopular game mechanic.
    Or maybe I should say requirement instead of mechanic.
  3. Nicoloss New Member

Because it was in the op. “Please note: The Fabled zones do not scale in level. The Southern Desert of Ro public quest is for all levels!”
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the rewards for the lower level portals where always at that level .
    We used to have to mentor ourselves for those zones or not even get that low level stuff.
    I mean for a festival that normally only lasts one week what do you expect , people run this instances to get tokens to buy
    housing items from the merchant.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Rewards are not very interesting if you're not levelling up (except the pegasus featherfall cloak) but the point was always to revisit old EQ camp spots and the grieving "players" are fun to watch. You get fast tokens and buy stuff with them. And it wasn't that fast when it launched (especially then top-tier Guk), our über top tier gear makes them very easy now which is fine by me (I like my live events fast to run, especially coin-grinding, which is my major pet-peeve with Hero's Festival)
  6. Mirt Well-Known Member

Hopefully all of these aggravations will get changed before this goes live.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Mirt Well-Known Member

I completely agree. World Holiday Events are not supposed to be taxing and frustrating. They are supposed to be fun and lighthearted with rewards such as house items, appearance armor, and fluff pets. People do them as a welcome diversion to the regular grinding of the game, not as another "un-fun" challenging grind. :/
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Darn our art build cycles. We'll get that art updated soon (tm). They really are some nice pieces!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! No, it should not. Thank you for that!

~ Kaitheel
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Some new treasures have been added to the PQ, but it is not 100% new items. Sorry for the confusion on that.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Chrol Developer

Regarding the Fabled versions of the Chronoportal event zones:
    • These are intended for a casual group of level 110s, with resolve requirements lower than tier 1 heroics from Chaos Descending
    • I will be reviewing the damage being dealt by these mobs - they shouldn't be one-shotting.
    • All prior Chronoportal event zones are still available if you do not wish to partake in the level 110 Fabled versions.
    Regarding the Ancient Cyclops PQ:
    • It is intended for players level 10 and up
    • Rewards should be available for all player level ranges (10 and up), many of which are unique to this PQ, but may not have reached test yet.
    • On Test only - It is active every 2 hours.
    • On Test only - Minimum number of players to start will be lowered from 6 to 3 (this will require a test update, though)
    • The Ancient Cyclops and Terrorantula should now have proper hitpoints.
  12. Mirt Well-Known Member

Why was the decision made to introduce a level 110 only type thing to a casual world holiday event?

I am 110, but many players are not and this limits them from being able to participate, when in the past, holiday events have not had such a restriction.
  13. Mirt Well-Known Member

Why are rewards for holiday events moving towards current level gear, instead of house items and the usual type world event holiday things?
  14. Mirt Well-Known Member

The new Chronoweave hub is a great idea and makes things much easier for traveling around for the event.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

I wouldn't take this to be an indicator of events, overall. This event is very different due to the huge event being celebrated (EQ's 20th anniversary). This event content will be active for much longer than ever before, and we wanted to have a more level robust reward structure.

You're right that the majority of live event content focuses on appearance items, house items, fun baubles, and the like. Those sorts of things are still available through this event. We didn't remove them. In fact, we added more of them to the merchant this year, as noted. But we also added some stat items. I don't see how this takes away or damages the event in any way.

If your concern is that Erollisi Day, Brewday, Bristlebane Day, Oceansfull, Scorched Sky, Tinkerfest, Nights of the Dead, Heroes' Festival, Frostfell, Moonlight Enchantments, or City Festivals are going to become dominated by must-have stat items, let me put those to rest, right now. That is not in the plans.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Thankfully it doesn't limit this event. They can still do *everything*. The fabled versions are the same as the original. If the player isn't 110 then they can do the original. The quest and achievements update in either version. The buyable rewards are available to earn from either version. The Fabled versions were added to open the content to levels above 100 without making the lower level versions more difficult for the lower level players.

~ Kaitheel
    Tkia, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  17. Mirt Well-Known Member

yes that was my concern and thanks for alleviating it Kaitheel You rock
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Mirt I already said that on Page one.
    the thing about the chrono portal hub. responds number 17.
    but I guess I should not be so petty.
  19. Mirt Well-Known Member

You already said what?
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Kaitheel and Chrol!
    When I looked at the damages up to 900 000 000 in the parse, I thought there was some kind of problem with those fabled dungeons. You might have added an extra 0 in the damage done.The quest mob we spawned (centaur something) went down pretty fast without problem. We did ward a lot, but with 2 healers + 2 merc healers, it wasn't enough which shouldn't be intended (merc healers are great for curing, hence using them).
    Currently it's not doable. If the goal is "somewhere between solo and T1 heroic", it's fine with me.

After all, Chronoportals WHERE hard when they launched, you had to have a group (or be very well geared) for the top ones at the time, and I remember cheating by mentoring above the level (50 in the 42 zone and so on) using some alts. And rewards are still very nice for their levels.

I'll guess that the rewards for the PQ didn't reach Test yet as nobody saw anything new when we ran it. Or we were incredibly unlucky which could happen.
    Still PQ-related: I didn't see any kind of PQ-buff on me while doing it which screams "levels below 110 won't work", but it might be restricted to levels below-110 so I'm unsure of what I saw.

Could you adress the Ancient Cyclop HP? we were 7 and he fell down very fast, I'm pretty sure he won't last more than 5 seconds on live. Not really a problem if "only killing placeholders" gives credit. But he still has less HP than the placeholders.