Upcoming problem with the new patch: untradeable items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Beee, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

That's the only reasoning I can see to it.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

In real world a raid work like this:

Last mob killed
    A fast look on the loot
    a) Something personal intresting inside => wait for auction
    b) Nothing personal intresting inside => move to the next zone

and then it might happen (like yesterday again) everyone gets to the charselect screen

10 minutes and lootability lost
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

So a minority of people ruining it for the majority and the dev team can't come up with good solution? Sounds like deja vu to me!
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Seems so

But i cant see any huge benfit if a heirloom item is really tradeable to a player not beeing in the zone :eek:
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Mermut likes this.
  6. Drona Well-Known Member

I was in heroic group last night and wanted to trade an item with another player who was in group with from the start of the zone and was part of the kill. However, we were not allowed to trade the item. The item wasn't traded with another player. The only thing different was that, after the kill I revived at the zone entrance.... Some people say reviving count as zoning and if you zone, you can't trade these items any more after the recent change....
    Beee likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Just checked it yesterday: The regular raid mount (NOTRADE) is still at least 1x tradeable for easy getting the chaos mount flag
    The much better way - without this pain fix - would have been a handling like the orange runes.. they are really NOTRADE

We did not and we will not use this still existing bug for faster getting a chaos mount
  8. Prox Well-Known Member

The sad fact is there are more people that will exploit a loophole than won't. So fixes like this happen and hurt the ones of us who don't exploit things in the game.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware, the big issue is people taking the Inexorable cloak, trading it for a higher version, then trading the original cloak to someone else, then they turn it in, and pass it to the next person in the group, etc. or they take it to IOR, turn it in, trade it to anyone who pays for it, and the OG cloak keeps going in ways it was never meant to. The solution to this is to make the turn-in consume the original item, so that when you get the higher version, it still flags your account, but the OG cloak has been removed from your inventory and cannot be returned, like expansions past, whenever something upgradeable was available.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

If the trader only offers the new cloak if you have an ATTUNED Inexoreable there would not have been any problem. IOR is for trading and produces a lot of money for daybreak. That's why a stupid CD Flag was introduced retroactive

But the current change was because a raid could get the raid summary mount much too easy (get all 4 mounts, circle them around within the tradeable time and everyone coud get a upgraded raid mount). That's why a lot of players have the chaos mout without having the 4 mounts.
    Could have been avoided easy: NOTRADE items should not be tradeable for 48hours after getting them like the orange runes

But both did not happen in a correct way so we have to suffer :eek:

IMO: Every HEIRLOOM item should be tradeable at IOR . At the Moment it's not very practicabe.. Blue runes are not buyable in broker there but buyable mounted on weapons (all important runes).. That's not very.. just say polite.. intelligent :)
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If they increased the drop rate of everything, and made it all tradeable, the value of things would both increase and decrease. We'd stop seeing such dumb "exploits" that need fixes, and increase the brokerable economy. I don't ever remember seeing plat exploits in the game until the heirloom tags were introduced.
  12. Leed Active Member

The mounts should be handled like armor. You loot something, that can be traded amongst everybody there, and then you go turn it in to receive the actual item. Nobody could simultaneously turn it in to get the account flag AND pass it around then because only the final person to do the turn in would get the flag.