Player Studio items I've created

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rawl, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

I love this building, I love how it is open in the front like that. I wish more buildings were offered already complete, I don't want to have to build them. Can you tell me why more player studio artist do not offer complete buildings for sale. Is it a resizing issue? I have bought just about everything you can use as a building. Most do not resize well. I would love to create entire villages without having to build the buildings.
  2. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

I have put lots of completed buildings on the market, i'm pretty sure they are still listed but i'll check for you to make sure and i can give you a listing of them all. I can not speak for others but making full sized buildings within the context of texture/poly budget limitations can be tricky. I have to figure out technical workarounds in getting full sized buildings. I have more coming down the line as well.

Ironically enough the Temple isnt a solid structure its built out of those wall pieces. I figured people might wanna build more complex temples then the base one so i wanted to have it be a bit more modular.
  3. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I like the Stately Street and the river village and the winter frontier cabin and and and all of them are pretty cool :)
  5. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

The Chicken Army Approaches

[IMG]
    Katz, Febrith, Feara and 3 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! :D

Now we need goats and sheep...we have ducks (lots and lots and lots and lots of ducks), turkeys and pigs from the pet store, rabbits (well, rabbit hats on buried mannequins and mounts), cows, horses with tack on them 24/7 (seriously, devs, when we park them in the house as a plushie, could they please be "naked"? No horse on any planet wants to try to graze with a bit in its mouth and a tight saddle girth, and very rarely were carriage horses tricked out to be ridden as well); we were seriously missing chickens and smaller livestock. :)

Uwk
    Febrith, Feara, Shadowplay and 2 others like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Make sure one is a Junglefowl, they have the prettiest roosters! We always get Junglefowl for our rooster (everyone else gets caponized).

[IMG]

(Of course, we need to start asking ttobey for a junglefowl mount, after the broom mount is done!)
  8. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

The closest to that is probably the Rivervale Rooster in the top right
    [IMG]

and yes...Thats a red chicken at the bottom..The Freeport Fowl
    Katz, Breanna, Feara and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL -- oh, hang on; are you patterning these off of real chickens in the game that I just haven't noticed? It's possible... :-/

Uwk
    who thinks the ones down the middle column at the bottom look an awful lot like White Leghorns, which we used to have in RL :)
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

/blown_away ~ wow! you have done some fantastic work!

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I have been away for a few years and back then the only thing under
    Housing > Furnishing > Matching Furniture > was furniture sets. I didn't even know to look there.

Oooh Nooo... I'm in trouble... there goes my savings. I will start out with the River Village and the Sylvan Forest, there beautiful and then move on to the Castle.

I hope there is not a lighting issue like there is with the Treehouse. The lighting inside overpowers the scene, like the outdoor area in the large Kelethin home.

Cheers!
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

This may be true but nothing beats the disposition of the Buff Orpington, a beautiful, quiet and well mannered chicken (I'm very partial can you tell) :) they are a large chicken and perfect for backyard city life.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't use our chickens for meat, so we have Aracuanas, which are great for eggs. they're not as small as a bantam, but they are smallish, good tempered, and they lay blue-green eggs. And with a startling frequency, they lay double yolked eggs.
  13. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Its amazing how we never noticed these chickens, too busy on adventures i guess.
    on that chart youve got the

Antonican Glory
    Gorowyn Golden
    Neriak Midnight
    Qeynos Champion
    Rivervale
    Freeport Fowl
  14. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Now i feel like everyone on this forum owns chickens but me, someone send me a baby chick through the mail
    Im a vegetarian so theyll be used strictly for hugging
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nah not the only one, we don't have chickens either. But I will still take one for hugging. Although I wonder if my cats would eat them.
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

Good to know about the Aracuanas. I keep my girls (chickens) for the eggs (can't have roosters in the city :(). I like being outside and they are a joy to watch.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aren't those among the breeds that can lay "Easter eggs" that are pre-colored (pink, turquoise, purple, etc.; usually pastels, but the tinamou birds from Central/South America lay shiny eggs in like jewel-tones :D)? When we were living on a farm up in central California, we used to get all sorts of interesting agriculture related catalogs... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I dunno; if I went vegetarian (not vegan), I'd still eat eggs and dairy products, and maybe even fish and invertebrates (like crab and shrimp). For hugging/pets, though, probably one of the best breeds for that would be the silkie chicken. Apparently they make awesome pets, even indoors, and they look like anywhere from shmoos to teddy bears (just about anything but chickens. The key is: the smaller puff ball higher up is the head, and the lowest fuzzy things are the polydactyl feet [more than the usual 4 toes]). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

Wow! Consider me your latest fan and a satisfied customer. I purchased the Sylvan Forest House and there is no lighting issues with this home. It's so cute! Love, love the windows! I also love how your buildings don't have the doors but can be added, smart!
    I can't wait to obtain all the pieces to this Village.

I must say this will be a game changer for me in the decorating area. I have never liked building, I love to create moods in an environment. Next to house actors what you have created has now become my favorite deco items in game. This will allow me to take the Prestige Homes like Tenebrous Island, Vale of Halfpint Delight and the Oakmyst Glade to name a few and just go nuts in the creative field. Thank you!

Some ideas to kick around for future projects ~ girls love windows so you can never have to many of them and back doors.

Cheers!

I sure would like to see a new Marketplace Tab under Housing called Villages or the likes. I just can't get my mind trained to go under the Matching Furniture area. :p
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you don't know about it already (and I don't like to presume in advance about things; it makes a preez out of you and me), there is a magnificent website with all the latest and greatest items in one convenient area:

www.EQ2Furniture.com

owned and operated by the redoubtable Lera. This includes any and all houses, village/building elements, house items, etc.

In the Options tab there, I frequently hit the Hide button on:

Removed crude/shaped/normal crafted items (only useful if you remember the blerky Subcombines with fondness :-/)
    Player-made dungeon items (only useful if you use Dungeons for their original intended purpose and not as 2000 slot [YES! :D] house item storage ;->)
    Removed items (might be useful if you're trying to track down something old you'd remembered with fondness, but you have to remember the name pretty exactly, or at least spell one of its name elements precisely in the Search function; no auto-fill hints ;->)

Good hunting there! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Feara like this.