Old player wanting to return

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Krizze, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Krizze New Member

I spent countless hours on Eq2 a years ago but I was wanting to return and didnt know if it was worth it is player base good? is the progression server a thing still? is it truely worth coming back?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Krizze New Member

Also if someone could help me when i return i understand there are a lot of new things in the game and would like to relearn a lot of the games core
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

EQ2 is primarily end game folks now. Fallen gate is the exception, a server staggered behind the rest, started with folks with nostalgia in mind, and is about midway through expansions. But this is a member-only server. Player populations (for all servers) largely depends on holidays, weekends, and certain hours of the day. Many days you can sit twiddling your thumbs, and other days the server is bouncing. There is a fairly large community of raiders, and another of decorators. Most folks don't really adventure much below 100, so unless you like to solo or can find a few friends, I'm afraid you may not find much in the way of grouping there (on servers not Fallen Gate). You could probably find some friendly player who could help you out with difficult zones, but it's quite god-like going back as a 100 or 110 into old zones, and can sap the fun out of it, if the challenge is what you're aiming for. If you're interested in end-game things, there's quite a lot of folks raiding, so look around for a guild that fits your playstyle if that's what you want to do.

As for other questions, knowing when you left would help establish how much you've missed, and need to be caught up on. If you have at least a silver account (a grandfathered-in account, in which you've paid for an expansion or membership for a period of time before they changed being able to use world-chat as member-only, which I find to be the dumbest thing ever...one should at least have access to communication...), then just hop in game and start asking folks questions about what you see and don't know. After weeding through the troll-y answers (can't tell me you don't expect at least one in an MMO!) you should be able to find a few folks who will answer your questions thoughtfully.

Keep in mind, if end-game is what you're going after, they did make it to be quite a fair amount of work to catch up. But you can find guides on < https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page > that will give you very decent write-ups on the last 2-3 expansions, and depending on how long you've been gone, there are ways to give you a boost to catch up quickly (be sure to look up Yun Zi on the webpage I linked you, he has several items aimed to catch up far-lost players to end-game content for little exploration quests that take about 5 mins each, but these quests also require membership.)

Good luck, happy hunting. (Maybe) Welcome back.
    Tommara and Blazen like this.
  4. Tommara Active Member

Mercychalice likes this.
  5. mothelm Active Member

if you dont want to go threw all that ....there is at least one low level progression guild on AB...(Rewind)...very littel grind needed to catch up and start raiding with us
    Tommara and Mercychalice like this.