Sooo.. soloing the Signature quest line as a Bruiser

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Lifebane, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Lifebane New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read the signature quest line is supposed to be soloable. If true, I'm assuming that was intended as being the same for all classes. Was there an expected power baseline for that to be accurate? Did you have to be very well equipped pre-Chaos Descending to pull it off? Would you be able to do it with the freebie gear out of the box when you first hop into the expansion? Not sure what that baseline is.

While working on this quest series, my gear consisted of a collection of items that were all upgraded beyond that freebie box obviously, adornments and a few pieces of well-crafted armor. I found that dealing with the bosses in the air and water instances to be particularly problematic as a Bruiser. I ended up having to bring in guildmates to help me with Solo-level instances due to the lack of DPS/Effectiveness.

Is this just a "sucks to be a bruiser" issue or did other classes have similar issues with comparable gear?

Thanks in advance for any input or sharing your own experiences with this.
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I do not play a Fighter class, but I can say yes the baseline was/is the boxed gear/adorns; however, I have noticed that certain classes do not fair as well as others and need to bring in a merc or friend/guildie to help make the instances more "manageable".

Just as there was a Potency floor for PoP mobs of 30k or so, I believe there is one similar in CD.
    Lifebane likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I did it on my Pally and had absolutely no problems. I just had the gear from the box and whatever got upgraded along the way via the Dr. Arcana missions and the other series of quest. Getting ready to start it on my Swashy but I don't foresee any difficulties on her either she is actually killing more efficiently than my Pally. I am worried about my Mystic though.
    Feara and Lifebane like this.
  4. Lifebane New Member

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like my suspicions about it being more about the class may be on point. The guildmates I had help me out on two occasions were a swashy and a warlock. Both of them made it look very easy compared to what me and my poor mercenary were trying to do, but failing repeatedly.

I hope your Mystic has a better time of it than my Bruiser did. Gluck with that.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Berks New Member

I had this same problem. My Troub and BL had zero problem. Conjy however took a considerable amount of attempts just to beat the stupid wild gardener in the first quest. Had to use tank merc and I barely survived. Seems like super garbage game design.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

The gear right out of the box is good enough, but getting through the signature line with just that gear is slow for any class. The best thing to do is upgrade to MC gear. You're going to need it if you are going to do heroics anyway, so why not do it right away?

The only problem I noticed with the gear right out of the box was that not all of the adornments were good for my class. I pulled all of them off, deleted the ones that I didn't want, and then got more gear from the box so that I could get more of the good adornments. More than anything else, you want to maximize potency.

Something else that will help greatly is having a merc that can cure the power draining detriments. I like Zhugrus for this, but others work just as well.
    Breanna and Lifebane like this.
  7. Ogdinmar Active Member

I have soloed it on all tank classes, so it can be done.