Launcher- taking forever to update

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by MissGreen, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MissGreen Member

Ever since I tried to download beta for pvp, when I switch back to US english servers it will not play and also the patch recently seems rather large which I know can't be the case. For the live version of the game, it seems to be taking forever to patch and when it does it I get an error. I'm running on windows 8. Can anyone help me? I can't get into the live or beta at this point in time. Very frustrating.

Edit- it is saying I need to download 1,361 megs...is this normal? This is for live servers.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you install the beta into its own unique folder? You should have one folder set for Beta and one for Live. It kinda sounds as if you overwrote the main EQ2 folder with the Beta install, maybe.

If the download is slow, I'd try copying the music and paks folder contents from the working install to the not-working install, then rebbot your computer and start the Launcher again.
    MissGreen likes this.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

The standard setup is that the Beta (and Test) installations are in folders in the Live installation. Something like

c:\users\public\daybreak games company\everquest ii\ <-- live installation
    c:\users\public\daybreak games company\everquest ii\beta\ <-- beta installation
    c:\users\public\daybreak games company\everquest ii\test\ <-- test installation

Beta and Test will contain practically all of the files/folders that are in live, except of course the beta and test folders.

If somehow your install of Beta overwrote the Live installation, you will have a large download to revert to Live.
    MissGreen likes this.
  4. MissGreen Member

Thank you for your replies. I did manage to figure out to get live working again. Still can't get beta going....I'm not sure how to create another folder for beta on this pc, I keep getting an error half way through the downloading process. any tips appreciated. ty.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Open your EQ2 install folder, and make a folder inside it called Beta. Make sure the beta install goes there.

You can shorten the download time by copying over the music and paks subdirectories from the main EQ2 folder into your new beta folder.
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

True, copying the music and paks folders from the base installation (live) to the beta folder will reduce the download from about 22 gigabytes to about 2 gigabytes. It would be cool if the launchpad were smart enough to do that for you, but it isn't.
    Breanna likes this.