My Proposed Solution to Damage Imbalance (limited math)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gankednshanked, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Gankednshanked Active Member

^

Obviously there are several routes you can take to fix the damage imbalance (and if you haven't hit 50, you will witness it tonight when the beta buffer goes in). To list a few solutions:

1) Reintroduce blue stats.
    2) Decrease the HP you get from STA
    3) Adjust the mitigation values you get from mitigation & resistance to be significantly lower than they currently are. This point is the primary one I want to focus on.

Let's start with an example. Low end on Ice Comet (Adept) @ 65% bonus from Intelligence is around 2400. It's fairly easy to achieve 60% PvP resistance (around 3.4k resist) at level 50. This means that my base nuke damage for my hardest hitting spell is doing around 800-900 damage. So as a wizard, if I'm hitting a level 50 (with decent 40+ gear, around 5.5-6k HP) my hardest hitting attack that takes 4 seconds to cast does about 15% (minimum) of someone's HP, when in reality it should do significantly more than that.
  2. Daarkstar Active Member

1) Yes please, there isn't enough damage in T5 now with the huge health pools and super high mit we have. Also no reason to collect gear on a healer other than building your hp/mana pools.
    2) Diminishing returns could be harsher, a level 40 tank has 2.5k HP and a level 50 tank has 10K.
    3) Mastered debuffs might debuff around 500 of any resist.... one piece of treasured gear gives that much. My defiler is at 66% noxious resists solo and in basic treasured/legendary gear.
  3. Davito Active Member

1) The reason they aren't is because stat inflation gets out of control too quickly if they start with blue stats in the first xpack. They found this out from doing that on the FG server. Later xpacks will have blue stats.
    2) I think this is relative to how much damage people are doing based on expected gear for an average player at X level. So should be fine if they tune abilities accordingly. One or the other needs to be done and the other is used as a baseline. Since a lot of abilities need to be reworked anyways, hp can just be used as the baseline. Probably the easiest/safest route for balance.
    3) I think this goes hand in hand with #2. We will see how expert+ damage spells and resistance debuffs do vs the current resistances before more things are adjusted.

My 2cents.
  4. Gankednshanked Active Member

Ignore OP. Changes have been good.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

1- No, Vanilla should not have blue stats. It causes ridiculous stat inflation before you even get to TSO

2- No, it's not a HP problem, They need to balance damage to HP. Right now some classes can 100-0 someone in a few seconds, others take what seems like forever. So an acceptable HP value needs to be settled on and balance damage from there.

3- If only jewelry / buffs are giving resistances, then they are fine
    -Level 50 fabled raid drop is giving 795
    -a scout snare is reducing a resist by 1140 at expert
    -Expert level Rake is reducing by 1478,
    -Dirge encounter resist debuff is reducing by 539 at expert, and there group buff for Nox is giving 1035
    -Defiler encounter resist debuff is reducing by 708 at expert, Imprecate is reducing by 693, their self buff is giving 1756 resists
  6. Gankednshanked Active Member

Irony that you say 2 and 3 aren't problems, yet they reduced them significantly and damage feels much better. I recognize that they also added in Experts for everyone, as well, but if you ignore the adjustments for 2 and 3, you probably shouldn't talk anymore on the subject before the devs listen to you and ruin the game again.
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Irony that the changes were made before I made my post. So those changes are reflected in my statement.