Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking our suggestions into consideration for next year.

I only wish that these extreme loot tables (now implemented in 2 instances - the CD ts daily and this pq) would not be used at all anymore. Having more than 10-20 items on a loot table is very frustrating.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The first time I ran this on live, I got the 8 coins, the egg, and the mount training. The second time I got 8 coins and pink lilies in an elegant vase. Then it was 8 coins, 8 coins, 8 coins, 2 coins, 8 coins and a single purple rose, and 8 coins.

I am level 110.

Most of the issues we are talking about is the jerk factor and unfortunately as I stated earlier, there is no way for them to continue to give us events and holidays while keeping the jerks at bay, there just isn't.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Mirt Well-Known Member

Hopefully the loot fix that is going in for tomorrow will not only fix it for people not being 110 but also increase the chances at loot overall, as well.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There are sub-forums within Norrathian Homeshow on holiday requests. :)

Surprisingly, perhaps, the devs actually read those from time to time, and we seem to have gotten most of our items! :D

Uwk
    /appreciate
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BRILLIANT! :D

Oh, the things you learn...thanks! :D

Uwk
    getting really, really tired of all the dang "tweety birds" with their flapping tails in everyone's faces, even at the Bank (heck, it bothers me when I'm flying one in Third Person View, but that's a different option) :-/
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Were they riding on birds, either golden yellow or blue? Then those were phoenixes, "whose feet do not touch the base earth until they are ready to die," which means they gotta flap their dang tails and wings in everyone's faces, ALL. THE. TIME. Usually, if you're actually flying, you can't do much of anything at all, including combat (even if it's just chucking roses). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Back in the day (/cane_wave), when GMs were online all the time (in shifts, one hopes ;->) and dinosaurs roamed the Earth, griefers could be dealt with nigh-on immediately. Best story I'd heard was from, I think, EQ1, where there was a bully going above and beyond the call of jerkery and kept ganking this one poor lowbee. Fully tricked out so no one could have a prayer of coming to their buddy's aid, max level player, bully. He'd guard the kid's corpse and wait; lowb came back, rezzed, boom. Dead again.

So, the poor schmoe appealed to the GM cops and related his tale of woe; the GM took an interest and peeked over his shoulder invisibly when he came back in again for his corpse. Bully: boom, kid dead. GM: GOD LEVEL ICE COMET OUTTA NOWHERE. BAM. >:-> Dead, very surprised bully. Nothing loathe, the bully tracked down his victim again. Boom. BAM! Again ('cause while you can teach even a flatworm tricks, it's apparently harder to get through to a sentient being a jerk): Boom. BAM! :D

Apparently, the GM then had a bit of a chin-wag with the bully in a /tell, probably something along the lines of "Keep this up and you're banned, flatworm." The lowbee didn't have any further issues with the bully ever again. ;->

I miss those days... :-/

Uwk
    Febrith, Breanna, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Not that I can recall, Uwk... but when mounts are hidden, even phoenixes disappear when the toon lands, or gets as close to the ground as possible! :cool: The phoenixes are gorgeous; I would love to use them as appearance, but their tails flip in my face and I can't see a thing! (I play in 3rd person.)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I literally can't play in First Person for very long without getting motion sick (though I don't in RL...weird), so having my "cameraman" follow me, clinging to the tail feathers, gets annoying after awhile. There's a new-ish toon of mine on Thurgadin that I don't have any other flying mount for yet other than the Phoenix, so I flew it only between the Druid Ring in Nek and the Castle. Was a lot faster than Leaping, and probably safer. ;->

Once I got to where I needed to go for the Erollisi Day quest, I swapped out mounts again for my Gnomish Posterior Kicker (which is an awesome mount: no head/neck/shoulders of a critter in front, no flippin' tail behind, barely wider than the shoulders; what more could you ask for? [all right, Cyrrena, a flying broom...] :D).

Uwk
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Yet Another Reason to Move the Evil Hearts A' Flutter Race (Enchanted Lands would do, since we already moved the Flower Petal collection bits there [I can understand about Neriak not wanting to participate, but surely the Sarnak wouldn't mind?]):

When trying to do the Antonica race to get the Enamored of Erollisi achievement (at least on my younger toons...), I much prefer going against the clock, rather than any sentient competition...largely because I'm not a "professional" racer on these things, and I'm not likely to get 110 or more if there's anyone else there (and having raced against others in the past when I've had no choice, most of the ones I've encountered after the "you have to have 3 people racing at a time! Heheheh!" ugly days are dang near like PvPers in their gloating. No thanks; not fun).

With the Commonlands race wiped off the planet (still not sure why it was necessary) and the only race to be had is at Antonica, there's usually a helluva line waiting to participate in the race; it's like rush hour on a Monday. Having the race again next year at a new permanent location (please, no congested PQs in Enchanted Lands, too) would help ease the traffic jam. :-/

Either that, or remove the race as a requirement for the achievement.

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Between crowds on some servers, and the inabilty (to my knowledge) of a way to get the former Commonlands race title, it really would be nice if the race were moved instead of deleted.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for fixing the loot for PQ lol even if the rewards are not that great at least it's something besides the coins :D
    lol a loveletter.
  13. Pijotre Well-Known Member

What was the conflict between the 2 anyways, sure hearts might spawn in the way of the PQ but thats not a problem for PQ players as they can only see them when on the racing quest and for the racers it shouldn't be much of an issue either, because firstly most racers never go beyond the towers and the ones that do should either be smart enough to avoid the PQ area or just ignore the PQ and run on through.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o yes , somebody wanted black roses , the PQ now drops black roses I saw a beautiful arrangement in a vase and a single
    black rose so far.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We had JAIL!!!!

We had Red, Blue, and Purple Robes. Red robes were employees of Origin/EA, Blue Robes were similar to guides but more power and volunteer, and Purple Robes were Senior Volunteers. If someone was being disruptive at an event, you could request a GM, a Blue Robe would typically show up first if one was not already present for the event. They would observe and talk to the person, if it did not stop, they would whisk the person away to jail. They could put the person in jail for between 5-60 minutes, a Purple Robe could exceed 60 minutes and a person that got out of jail and continued to be disruptive could be held in Jail until they spoke to a GM. There was no way to get out of jail, logging out would not get you out of jail before your time passed, and that was time logged into the game, it was wonderful. I started as a Blue Robe and was hired as a Red Robe for the European and Australian shards. Believe it or not, it actually had an impact, because you had to spend every minute of your jail time logged in or when you logged in again you were still in jail, and you could not talk while in jail, so you just had to sit in jail and do nothing.
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

That's amazing Cyrrena! Really a great way of dealing with griefers!
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Per several live request, I did some testing:

I you have a hatchable egg and redo a PQ, you get the same message (in my case: "Your heart Shaped Egg shivers and cracks momentarily, before settling back into place.")

If you have hatched your egg, you HAVE TO scribe the familiar. You can't use it for levelling another one (be it new season or old season). Examine just examines it.

Here is the text list on this char:
    Elerrina
    1 -> momentarily
    2 -> briefly
    3 -> vigorously
    4 -> briefly
    5 -> vigorously
    6 -> vigorously
    7 -> earnestly -> hatch
    8 -> momentarily (post getting the hatch option)
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Btw, still no trace of a Group Hug proc in my logs on Test (both chars having the familiar used)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

Can you change the loot table for next year, to make it coins plus one house item (and let us pick which one) and one random less-useful item (the rest of the stuff on the loot table)? Or even a random chance of getting that third item, but I suspect what most people want from the PQ is the furniture. And you can't hoard only one rose.

Please consider the same thing for the Tinkerfest PQ. More furniture!
  20. Pijotre Well-Known Member

While I'm not a cube-loving frostfell elf that loves furniture so much that I made a whole website about it ( :p ), I do wholeheartedly agree with this approach!
    Here is how imho this should work:

Proactive reward:
    Slot 1: 8 Coins (drops always)
    Slot 2: A house item crate that we can unpack to choose the one we want (and make the crate stackable and not lore) (drops always)
    Slot 3: Any other item (bad rewards = candy, good reward = recipes, best rewards = familiar cage/mount training) (You can figure percentages, but with the bad reward being 1 candy I feel this also should always drop)

Active reward:
    Slot 1: 3-4 Coins (drops always)
    Slot 2: Like now proactive give us a random item (always)

Inactive:
    Slot 1: 1 Coin (drops always)