New PvP server thoughts, exp based on players?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GlexBowflex, Feb 8, 2019.

1. GlexBowflex New Member

Played for a bit, logging in, right away pvp.. wow. insanity but fun for sure. however this means that I could just pvp in one spot? unlimited chaos in one area and level up? PVE needs to have a huge exp buff or at least be rewarding or else people will just chill in one spot and pvp. Reminded me about lineage 2. little bit silly I do like how it forces people to group. too many things to balance to enable healthy pvp in areas. What happens when no players are around certain zones? everyone can attack anyone why can't priest revive anyone or buff anyone? Let the game be ruthless to a point, people want that. don't like how you need membership to ooc chat though.

But here I am, I joined late, people already super high levels and tons of gold. I have to compete with players my level that use mounts because the gold from killing was high and just got nerfed. so im screwed there not worth my time but silly to hop in. was doing qeynos pvp then all of a sudden you couldn't pvp anymore. so confused there.
  2. Davito Active Member

The people with mounts used 2p 45g of the 5 plat you start with to purchase. Not from killing people. Also people making alts on other accounts and remaking toons to transfer 5p at a time. It's not a big deal because it's beta and plat means nothing. Really doesn't provide any sort of advantage.

Yes xp is messed up ATM. Again, it's a beta, not a live server. If it's not for you, then move on.
    Trasor likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, priests can't revive or buff anyone, friendly fire happens even when you're trying to help someone (Heaven forbid you use an AoE on Nagafen now!), and people are leaving the server as fast as they came over getting ganked on the newbie islands by same-faction nasties who don't care that they're emptying out the server.

FFA just isn't working out too well for Nagafen, that much is clear.

It sucks. I hope it all gets fixed, and sorry about the confusion. Temporarily, PvP has had to be disabled on the IoR newbie islands over the extreme FFA mess; not sure how long that will last, either though.
  4. GlexBowflex New Member

I didn't mind the extreme ffa mess but also at least let people run out from it? heh.
  5. GlexBowflex New Member

I wish the noob area pvp was back, was the only decent exp.
  6. GlexBowflex New Member

Lower level players should still be able to fight higher levels, there isn't many low level players if you join late then you are now forced to PVE as the only effective option, since pvp gives exp and there isn't any, there are huge design flaws here.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I have deleted lvl 22+ characters twice because u can't find pvp anywhere but in the starter areas. It's not that too many ppl have lvled up too fast it's that too many ppl have left the server already.
  8. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

That isn't my current experience. As a level 23 I'm finding PVP in Commonlands, Nek, TS and Ant. There are certain hot spots and then groups out questing I try and pick off stragglers. My guild is organizing two groups tonight and going out to FG and SH. You are missing all the fun.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

There would be a lot more people out in the world questing if adventure and quest XP were a lot better.

There would be a lot more people out in the world harvesting if crafting XP was a lot better.

The server is shutting down 12 weeks from launch. What's the big deal about getting viable XP amounts?

When you leave people with only PvP to get XP from, then 6-man teams griefing the newbie islands til new players quit (or the hunting of newbies in the caves, and the other lowbie areas) goes from being the nastiest thing players do to the only thing they do, sadly.
  10. Zelless New Member

Great pvp outside Wailing Caves last night. Multiple groups and lots of solo’s. Made 9P from people not banking their cash.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

And you have just proven my point: Great cash from newbies just off the boat with their newly-minted 5 plat each. Newbies leaving the IoR because everything is grey there, and going straight to Wailing Caves first.

Ugh!

You know, I haven't even seen a single Freep anywhere in QT1 or T2. It is all Qeynosians going after Qeynosians. Yet, Freeport is a madhouse of players-- and looks to have an even higher population than Qeynos when you wander through with an alt account.

So clearly, they're all just farming their own side, too.

This FFA has not made "more targets." It has separated populations even more. Gankers and griefers are so lazy, they each just farm their own side now.
    Raff likes this.
  12. RooR Applesauce

Your replies about PvP through out many different posts lead me to believe you do not belong on a pvp server. Also the definition of PvP in your head seems to be some what off. PvP = Player versus Player combat. Not a fair fight, and not two teams fighting each other that are designated good and evil.

FFA PvP is just that. FFA. The Factions are Guilds. Different guild? Thats the enemy. Its pretty simple to grasp and easy to understand. You seem to think a lot of pvp is an issue if it's not between some enemy faction, but again, you miss the point of the server entirely and need to re-evaluate your views and thoughts about what the definition of pvp actually is. Then you might be able to drop the crazy generalizations about "gankers" and "griefers." The moment you went there in your argument you exposed yourself.

Stop trying to tailor a server around previous failed designs because you want it that way. This server is far better than any of the other PvP servers this game has released.

-Applesauce
    splatterpunk28 likes this.
  13. Malachy Well-Known Member

It's a seasonal server for PVP, the XP reflects that, just like FFA.

It's not set up to be a casual PVE and crafting permanent server with a little PVP sprinked in that you have to spend vast amounts of time to go find or get bothered by. That's the difference.

That being said, I think certain zones and certain areas should make players immune, if none of the mobs in a zone are over 15, it should be PVP free. People need time to bond with their toons.