Dedicated PvP sub forum

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Drona, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

I think its time to have dedicated PvP sub forum. I am glad that PvP has created a new surge of interest in EQ2 and all that but it has also means that we are now being visited by "special" and/or "gifted" people. Its better if they had their own dedicated sub forum where they can be "special" and/or "gifted" and leave General Gameplay Discussion the f**k alone!

/end old man rant
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  2. Rease New Member

You are indicative of one of the largest problems this game has always had. The unreasonable hatred of Live PVE players against PVP players. It makes no sense and it effects you in no way. If you see a post about PVP guess what Old Man don't read it. You do realize the more people that play this game the better overall the game will be even if they are /gasp mean old PVP players. Calling us special or gifted reeks of the most absurd unwarranted elitism imaginable. Not to mention your nonsensical rant on leaving the GENERAL GAMEPLAY discussion forum alone. Why should any player leave a forum alone that deals with GENERAL gameplay when that effects both PVP and PVE players alike. Take a look in any PVP thread and you undoubtedly get PVE only players ranting about things that only effect PVP players that they have no idea about to the point they actually destroyed Nagafen. The downfall of Nagafen was due in large part to the company listening to people complain about issues on the PVP server that never had any idea what they were talking about and therefore got horrible solutions. There are many more PVE players than PVP and so it looked like a majority asking for horrific nonsense nerfs/buffs that got implemented. This happened because PVE folks outnumber PVP folks and infest every thread or forum when they had one and yammer about things they have no clue about.

I'll do you one better mate, have a PVP bug/suggestion forum where you can only post if you have 100 kills in the new PVP beta. That way the changes that are brought up and suggestions actually come from the right people for once and your precious game gets some new lifeblood which we all want.
    Tharrakor, Mountbatten, Siren and 2 others like this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you that we need to rez the PvP forum. I haven't seen such an explosion of new/returning faces since....Deathtoll launched. ;)

However, don't think you aren't being just as much of a troll as you're insinuating these new/returning PvPers are if not moreso-- I haven't seen any PvPers beginning their posts here doing anything besides asking how to get on Nagafen. They're not coming out of the starting gate blasting EQ2's PvE players, nor are they swearing like you are, either. I don't think you're supposed to be dropping the f-bomb, never mind circumventing the forum filter to do it. That's just low class.
    Fetish likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I always promoted PvP and non pvp people really should stay out of this discussion unless they play on this type of server,
    that's right , but to restrict people who are more casually playing on PvP servers is not good either .
    I will propably be lucky if I get 100 kills in the 3 months the server will be up Beta only last maybe 2 to 3 weeks at the most
    I suck at PvP and still like to play this game on such servers anyway , so don't shove people like me of to the side.
    Xianthia, Meneltel and Siren like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Remember that during this beta anyway, both Freeport and Qeynos are "safe cities;" PvP is prevented. Feel free to craft to gear up, plus grab and do quests around town, and earn some money in broker (eventually), strengthening yourself up before you wander out for PvP. Probably most of us are just going to leap right out there both barrels, but there's no reason you can't build your confidence and your character up a little more first.

And be sure to bank all coinage and loot before you hit the road: You can definitely drop coins upon being killed (used to be 40% if I recall), and you can lose loot from your bags when you're killed, too (nothing bound to you or that you're wearing, though).

Have fun, and we'll see you there!
  6. Rease New Member

I just threw a number out there but basically the thought was making it so people actually had some investment in pvp before they could sway change. Crafters and others who are a major part of the backbone on the PVP servers should also have a say, so; lets change it to 20 hours of playtime or the like to post feedback in PVP/beta forum. It isn't like this would ever be implemented but it would be a good thing.
    Original PVP was often changed for the worst based on people who had no idea how it worked changing SoE's mind on things simply because they had numbers. PVE people and servers will always outnumber PVP ones in this game and they have always held way too much sway in how PVP is implemented/changed.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I am glad PVP is coming to EQ2. I have nothing against PvP players of any sort.

EQ2 PvP will have nothing to do with the live or general EQ2, its special rule set similar to TLE server and hence should have its separate forums just like TLE.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

I will support this anytime :)
  9. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

This is a "general gameplay" forum. That means, anything from TLE, to PvP, to shiny hunting. You are not the gatekeeper.
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Dude and Siren like this.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good luck all! Remember, the only good pvper is a dead pvper… so keep converting them all to good!
    Siren likes this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Pssst.....come on over and try it at least! Beta is free, you don't even need to be subbed.
  13. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

The FFA is ****, this is going to get old really quick lol. Also they have set the lvl restrictions for engaging players in PvP way too high, im getting smacked by reds in CL. And constantly getting flagged with Carnage. Ppl will get tired of this really fast
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Do you only get flagged carnage if you attack someone of your own faction? Or why? And for how long?
  15. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I don't know why. But I was carnaged basically all the time. There is a 13 lvl pvp range wich means 30s are hunting in zones like WC and the likes. You can't even put a dent in them. When u respawn u have no immunity timer so u get instantly gibbed by loads of players while u have rez sickness and no power. Adv lvls are gained at ridiculous rates while crafting is insanely slow. This server is not what I had expected. As someone who loved eq2 pvp as it used to be I'm going to have to say that I have no interest at all in participating in this.
  16. Wyldfire New Member

did naggy go down. I just loged in started getting my toon setup and poof I was out. cant get back in now
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Yes, they patched. It's back up now. Patch notes, along with the feedback thread, are in the In Testing section of these forums.
  18. Wyldfire New Member

ok cool thanks
    Siren likes this.
  19. ShadowCat Graveheart

Add a poll about FFA system, please.
    I think FFA it is bad idea.
    how i should differs the players from FP and Queynos?
    in start location you are already surrounded by enemies. you can't crafting and questing. Please bring back old pvp system without FFA
    Siren likes this.
  20. ShadowCat Graveheart

I have a suggestion. Disable pvp for members of the same guild. as if the game will be a lot of small factions.
    Siren likes this.