In game voice

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Popinanoak, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Popinanoak New Member

I have been unable to connect to any voice chat in game on one of my toons. Normally this would be tolerable but it happens to be on the one toon I need it to work. Works on all my other toons except for this one. Have asked other players but have had no luck, so I am posting here.
  2. Thetmes Active Member

I have a similar issue however its more than just 1 char. It is however new chars I have created within the last month though.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, I suggest that you go ahead and send in a Support Ticket, since debugging voice chat is more technical than the kind of help you will generally get from other players.

Some info that may be useful to the CSR in diagnosing your issue:

(1) Some data about your computer from the DirectX diagnostic tool.
    • Click the Windows Start button, and in the RUN box, type dxdiag then hit ENTER.
    • When the dxdiag tool is up and has finished gathering its data, click the Save All Information button, and save the DxDiag.txt file somewhere you can find it.
    • Using Notepad (or equivalent tool), open the DxDiag.txt file. They won't need the whole file, just the following parts:
      • From the "System Information" section, Operating System, Processor, Memory, Available OS Memory, and Page File.
      • The whole "Sound Devices" section
      • The whole "Sound Capture Devices" section
    (2) There's a couple of files in yoru main EQ2 installation folder that may provide clues, so just attach those to the Support Ticket:
    • alertlog.txt
    • debug.log
    (3) Inside the main EQ2 installation folder is a subfolder called /logs. Look for files that are named something like vvs-2019.01.19.log and include one or two of those from days you know you were having voice chat problems.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

I am pretty confident that this issue is NOT hardware/OS related as it only affects select toons on an account, that is to say that I can reliably log into one toon and voice works like a charm then /camp to another... boom no voice.

Some of my guildies also have precisely the same issue so it is not isolated to any one account.
    Lateana and Kittybock like this.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Actually the /log folder only contains the character's log files (eq2log_"charname".txt). The vvs and other log files are in the main EQ2 folder and have a .log extension.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We've had a couple guildies return w/ us to the game, after moving toons back to the Mainland (from IoR back to AB). My hubby and I have zero issue with voice, but several of the others have not been able to get it to work, since return. I've gone through all the standard voice settings with them.

• I did suggest they check to see if they'd allowed EQ2 voice through the firewall (since they'd been gone a bit). Even though we were not actively playing, I'd still logged in regularly. They had not. Neither has gotten back to me on whether they'd checked firewall settings. They'd opted for Discord, but I prefer in-game in case we run pugs.
    • Per the comment that it is only on select toons, some guildies brought only one over. I'll have them log in a toon on the Isle and see if those work.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mine show up in the top level of the /logs folder. Then there are subfolders for each server that have character stuff.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Some of my toons can and some can't use voice currently...

/scratches head

I haven't figured it out yet.
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We've received a number of reports about players being unable to chat with specific accounts and characters, generally in guild channels, and have reached out to try to get this resolved.
    Lateana, Hartay, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  10. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

Are there any updates to this issue?

I was sort of expecting to see something in the update notes yesterday.
  11. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

Guess not, nothing like keeping customers informed.
  12. Perciful Active Member

I also am experiencing the glitch where only one of my characters cannot connect to in game voice channels. My other characters work fine. I tried deleting launchpad cache and went to extreme by deleting entire game and reinstalling , with no luck on fix - same character cannot join channels. I sent petition in and received standard reply which leads me to troubleshooting firewall..... if my other characters can use voice then I don’t think my problem is firewall related.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

For the recent voice channel issues, have you sent in a support ticket? Details for where data may be indicating the source of the problem is in a post earlier in this thread.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Perciful Active Member

I submitted support ticket and received response. My in game voice issue was fixed when I logged in Tuesday evening. Thanks very much.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Mine was fixed, too!
    Breanna, Feara and ConcealFate like this.