Eragahn's Mistmoor Crags Mansion (Nagafen server)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Eragahn, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Eragahn Member

My house is a work in progress, so it isn't published yet. However, if you are on or have a toon on Nagafen server, it is open for visiting. Here are a few screenshots of what I have so far.

[IMG]

^ This is the master bedroom. Around the corner is a sitting area, complete with big screen TV!

[IMG]

^ This is the bathroom. Yes, it has a toilet with tp roll!

[IMG]

^ There's the big screen TV!

[IMG]

^ Started building a ramp up to another floor that is currently under construction.

[IMG]

^ Yes, I did a breakout. Let's travel to the yard.

[IMG]

^ This is the beginning of the forest I've created. Next several screenshots are of my forest.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

^ Through the forest and from afar.

[IMG]

^ Leisure garden atop climbable wall overlooking forest.

[IMG]

^ Not the usual trip to the beach! Beach is also still under construction.
    [IMG]

^ My ship.

[IMG]

^ All aboard!

[IMG]

^ Unfinished beach

I really don't have a decorating bone in my body, but this kinda became a hobby in game. Though I don't have a lot of time to spend on decorating the house, I do when I can. Perhaps I'll finish it sometime soon and can publish it.
    Snowmoon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

I really like how you did the break-out area with the meandering path through the forest. It came out really nice! Thanks for sharing some pics and I look forward to seeing the rest when you are finished :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Eragahn Member

Thank you, Afista. I know I'm not as creative as a lot of people that decorate houses (like creating fish tanks and combining different pieces to make a totally different object), I guess I tend to be more concrete than abstract. Though it may be a while before I finish because I run a business IRL and my free time is limited. I'm also an avid pvp'er on a mostly dead pvp server so after BG's and Warfield is when I spend a half hour or so every few days on the house.

But once I feel comfortable with it, I will certainly publish it and post here that it is.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Nice.

Just a tip, for future reference, you can toggle off the UI elements by hitting F10. It has three states, normal (with your ui windows having whatever you have set for them as the background opacity), dark backgrounds (sets the backgrounds to fully visible and, IIRC allows movement of windows - even ones that are locked), and invisible (no UI elements visible). I forget which order they are in, but if you hit it three times you will be back at the one that you had when you began pressing the button.

Hope that helps.
  5. Eragahn Member

Yeah, Rotherian. I know about that and use it quite often since my hotbars are all locked (specifically on a lower level alt and gain a level getting new spells). I just didn't think about hiding my UI when I ran around taking screenshots. Didn't realize it until I had posted this. Even took a couple of the screenshots down because of something that might have been said in guild chat or tell that I didn't think should be posted. Thought to myself then, "Damn, should have hit F10".
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I know that feeling; took me forever to sync up the "hit F10 until the screen stops being annoying, hit Prt Scrn" bit. ;->

Love the forest! Usually, the "Loping Plains" area around the Estate is just too dead-looking. ;->

I've got ships and humanoid plushies down on the beach, too; I really wish the water would "work"...sigh. :-/

And yeah, I'm with you about "combining different pieces to make a totally different object"; I'm almost always of the opinion that things could/should stay the way they were intended, in a way, though that does limit my creative use of them. Yet, I'm always amazed and delighted looking at stuff that others have thrown together from the most improbable objects to create something completely different! ;->

Uwk
    who doesn't really "paper" houses at all with different tiles/dividers (the basement Forge Room in a 6-room New Halas place being a notable exception; too much wood on the floor ;->), though might just make an exception for the smaller than 6-room Freeport/Qeynos places...unless you cough up a ton of gold, it's hard to get over the "fugly bare wood" look :-/
  7. Eragahn Member

After a 4 year hiatus, I'm back to playing EQ2 again. Life happens, and sometimes it's pretty darn good. At the time of this original post, I had one grandchild, now I have 5 between my 3 adult children! *BLESSED*

I'm certainly going to go back to working on my Mistmoor Crags Estate. Of course, now that Nagafen server no longer exists, my toons have been pushed to Skyfire server. I was surprised to discover my Estate was still intact as it was when I left it 4 years ago.

It's still not published, but is open to visitors. Creative feedback certainly welcome, but it is still a work in progress.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

Well welcome back! And since I live on skyfire server i think ill go take a look!
    Eragahn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Eragahn Member

Excellent, Elflover! I haven't done anything more to it yet, I kinda sat out in the field pondering and trying to remember where I was going with the structure that was in progress. LOL