1. SwordBreaker33 New Member

Okey I hope this is the right forum section im always wanted to try my hands on everquest when I was 17 but never had my own internet then it´s been years I played allot of other mmo so much im kinda sick of all mmo but I never rely gave everquest a chance so I decided to play everquest 2 that is a bit more new than Everquest. So I wonder have any tips and what is the most populated server to join ? Yes I will play f2p because im broke as hell.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Skyfire has more people at lower levels and more ftp. Halls of fate has a nicer community and majdul is more advanced. Then there is the tle mess
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

4. SwordBreaker33 New Member

Thanks allot for the tips guys means allot I hope I can find a guild that can help me out sometimes but I will play a bit more ccausal have 2 kids that take up most of my time so.
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Seems everybody forgot AB. There are many casual guilds that are willing and able to help new players. Check out Army of Oobliteration should you land on AB.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Just know that this is a mmorpg, in theory, so it means lots of questing and slaughtering monsters, like most other MMORPGs. But relax, play the game and know that most of the choices you make on your character can be redone for free, though a few may cost money (race and class, for example) but other things can be altered. So there is not wrong way, just less optimized ways. So make the choices that seem right to you and you will like. You can alter them later, if you wish. Take your time and smell the dead bodies, for they smell like less enemies... and that is always a good thing! Oh, and the pointy end of your weapon goes into your victims, not in your hand!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Yeah, good advice... ;->

I miss the days when we could update from Bronze accounts to Silver with a mere $5 one-time deal; could get 4 character slots at the start, rather than only 2, so we could explore more options that way. But I do think that purchasing slots from the Marketplace is still an option. :)

The main drawbacks to FTP, imho, is that while you can buy Broker Tokens to enable you to sell stuff that way, I don't know if there's anything that will enable you to use the Mail system to reply to anyone. If that's the case, yeah, definitely find a good guild you'll like, especially those who mention that casual players are okay->encouraged. That way, you should be able to at least guild chat? And let folks know what's up with you, even if you can't mail them back. :-/

At any rate, welcome aboard! :)

Uwk
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I looked at Army of Obliteration on AB when I got off IoR and thought about going for it because its very big, but it looks like you have to register on an external site to join so I moved on and am still lookin. I moved one to MajDul and that server is rockin, lots of people any time I sign in, so I am guessing its probably more in my time zone.
    I get spells where I just play on test for days on end, its quiet, you have to make your own noise if you want to hear anything, but the folks there are very nice when someone does speak everyone is very helpful.

oh and SwordBreaker33, welcome to EQ2, you will find it has one of the nicest communities of any game out there
    Edit, somehow I replied to Meneltels post as well..removed the quote
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Yes, that's true; SwordBreaker33, if you're based in the US, you can create other characters as well on the EU server for free (and vice versa), and others on Test server for free as well. :)

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You do not have to register on an external site to join. Any member of the Army can invite you. The external site, is really just a humorous thing that Graveshroud put up and shows just a teenie tiny bit of that mans creativity.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! :D

A lot of times, though, that's exactly what's necessary: that the external site thing is a requirement (which I can see as putting off a lot of people). :-/

In WoW, I've heard that nowadays to join a guild, it's a lot like getting a job in RL. Application process (using their external site), screening, tentative "on the job" training/evaluation of useful skills, etc., etc., etc. X-P

Uwk
    who was once in a guild that practically required you to do a lot of reading of one particular line of fiction to fit in...not officially, but it would help make sense of everything folks were referring to
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sorry, haven't tried AB yet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only real bad thing about AB is that it's got one of the most expensive, inflated Brokers on any server, but if you're in a generous Guild, hopefully they would help out with anything you need. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

For true new players, I have no problem helping them with bags/boxes, MC items under level 95, potions, etc, even though I am the only one in my guild now. If they are nice and polite, I will also usually help them with other things like depots and wormhole generators. Yes, I still make and sell Wormhole generators because a couple of them take you to different locations than fast travel does.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Only one in your guild?
    You ran everybody else off?
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! :D

Or, like me, she wound up "inheriting" it... ;->

Uwk
    Soara2, Kheldar and Breanna like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nuh uh! Have you checked the Maj'Dul prices? It's enough to make me feel faint some days!
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I ate them!!
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Nice! That sounds like fun!
    They were gnomes wern't they?
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Hence, the "one of the most inflated"... :-/

Uwk
    who blames the Powers, for not doing anything about the original exploit in the first place fast enough (though, to be fair, it could've been a matter of figuring it out first), and the speculators, one of the lowest forms of life, who shouldn't be allowed to be buried in a grave small enough to fit them :mad:
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.