Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The next time you build a vertical zone, like the water zones this expansion, I hope you'll consider leaving OUT the blink and shadow step mechanics. More often than not, the mobs port me into or through the scenery, most often, to my death. I have been landed just below the horizon of the zone, I have been thrown through the scenery (very quickly since I'm locked in combat, no less) or just ported out to where there is either no scenery at all, or in the case of Veiled Precipice, onto the bridge, where I just fall through as if there were no bridge present. Frustrating at best.
    Gubba Bump, Rosyposy and Korochun like this.
  2. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Seen this, in solos and heroics.
  3. Leed Active Member

Seen the same with Veiled Precipice. Also seen it through a stroke of pure luck port under the platform and directly into the water tube that has the solid covering over it normally. At least that isn't an instant death like when it puts you in the middle of the platform where there seems to be no clipping because you just start falling and get autokilled.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

For the water zones.. don't stand on the gold ring around the water tubes. If you're on one of those when you're 'blinked'.. you've got a higher than normal chance of being ported through the world.
    Gubba Bump and Breanna like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can steer your fall, and it's possible to maneuver so you land in water and don't die. The mobs will all follow you down there and you can keep fighting.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Leed Active Member

I have seen this in the heroic version of Veiled Precipice. It isn't just the shadow blink either - water sprout seems to trigger it too - almost like the water sprout spawns on you and shoves you into the floor or something (I think I actually posted about it happening to me in beta in nebulous).
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've been out in the middle of the platforms where the nameds spawn in Marr's Ascent, and just straight up been ported/blinked/shadow-stepped through the scenery to fall to my death on multiple occasions. I think MA is the worst offending zone about putting someone through the floor.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

There have been a couple occasions where I've just floated down and the mobs followed. But more often than not, I get occasions where I have been locked to combat and not been able to steer at all; I just drop like a rock, and smash like glass. :/
    Gubba Bump likes this.