[DEV] Channeler pet recast

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Yado, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Yado Active Member

Channeler pets used to be indestructible prior to this expansion. Now they die and die a lot especially if you have a group wipe or a one-shot deal. Now I liked that my pet couldn’t die, I knew that I had to care for my pet so it would intercept damage as long as it had 15 – 25% of its health, I never let mine drop lower than 50%. This expansion its considerably more work intensive to keep it in that state and I really don’t mind that, what I do mind is it dead and I have a 30 second recast to bring it back. Other petters do not have this super long recast here is a list
    Beastlords recast = Instant
    Defilers Non Epic = 5 seconds
    Defilers Epic = 1 second
    Necromancers / Conjuror Epic = Instant
    Illusionist = Instant
    Channelers should have a recast time on their pets, which account for a large portion of their ability to heal, more in line with the others that have pets so somewhere between instant and 5 seconds.
    glak likes this.
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

Where is it dying? I've not had mine die at all yet.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This was brought up in beta like five years ago but they didn't change it.
  4. Daelini Active Member

Mine dies in the Air Solo Event zone all the time. The other zones he seems to survive but that particular one murders him.
  5. Lemilla Active Member

Something in some of the air and earth solo zones is causing the Channeler pet max HP to do odd things. That combined with the pet taking damage (from intercepts or casting Construct's Sacrifice) can kill it.

Aside from that, I expect that the long reuse time on the pet is to ensure you don't just re-summon it, instead of casting repairs.
    glak likes this.
  6. Giaur New Member

That's not completely correct. The Long reuse timer was ok, as the construct couldn't die. Constructs were designed that they can't receive direct Damage and can't die. They could be hit down to 1 hitpoint, but not to 0 or even less til this Expansion.

During "the good old time" the 1 Minute (at 0 reuse) reuse timer was ok, but now, that constructs can die, it schould be set to normal time (1 to 5 sec) to be in line with the other "pet caster" classes.
    Vandrago, Daalilama and Yado like this.
  7. Yado Active Member

This is very true. I have been playing channeler since there release in ToV. While I have never had an issue in the Solo zones with my Channeler pet ( I did in beta ), in Chaos Descending heroics and Chaos Descending Raids When I and or my group gets his with a massive damage and I die so does my pet. If I get a rez during the fight I'll come back without my pet and a serious handicap to my ability to heal until that silly 30 second cast time is up and I can bring my pet out again.
    Vandrago likes this.