Santa Glug Property

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sloppie, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Sloppie New Member

Has anyone had any success or is it even possible to break out of the new frostfell Santa Glug home?
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

There was one set up on Skyfire to visit (not finished, but partially done) that had a teleport pad in it that moved me out of the 1st globe (there are actually 3 globes in that room, and it takes half the day to fly across it on a mount-- and heaven help you if you don't have a mount).

I don't know how you exit a housing instance you're visiting, though. When I relogged, I was still in there, so I wound up using my portal home.

I'm getting it Saturday when my 500 SC comes-- I need two transfer tokens off The Dead Zone, IoR, anyway.
  3. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Umm. I own the house but how do you get out of the snowglobe and into the main room? LOL
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bandayde New Member

If you are in the Counter Globe, stand right against the "Door" (the clicky post)...then turn camera away so you can see down over the edge of the globe. You're going to place a Teleport Pad, so get one out and look down. Using the CTRL & mouse wheel, lower the pad down to the floor until you are able to place it. Breakout complete :)
    Zen Master, Breanna and Siren like this.
  5. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Thank you! It worked! The zone is MASSIVE!!! Totally worth it!!!
  6. Haohmaru Developer

So.... and I probably shouldn't share this... but yes, the zone is absolutely massive! It's based on scaled perspective, to make the snow globe aspect work. But with that came the massively open space between the snow globes - which I intentionally left collidable for breakouts. Always have y'all in mind in that regard. (fine print - we don't support breaking out! Officially.... But we might 'accidentally' leave collision on all out-of-bound surfaces ;) )

The default teleport post is ideal for travelling between globes, because yeah, flying at default speed otherwise, if you break out, is crazy - that's because, Antonica fits within/between the globes with room to spare (dead serious - I compared the two when I made the home!).

Hope y'all have fun with the home! It presented us with a fair bit of challenge given the scale/scope of it (by far, the biggest home we've ever made, if you count the breakout potential. But you didn't hear that from me.)
    Dude, Katz, Bandayde and 10 others like this.
  7. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

awesome idea for a house - my only concern was with scaling housing item to their max size while decorating: hopefully it doesn't introduce any undue lag. I know that with some Guild Halls, having items maxxed out in scale causes some glitchiness. Glitchyness?
    Anyhow - it IS possible to featherfall from the rafters and die upon impact. The only revive spot is outside of the house.
  8. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Each snow globe is like its own planet in a vast expanse. Amazing work! Thank you Hoahmaru!
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Now you just need to make some Frostfell and other decorations for it that can be scaled up as large as the room (or allow current in-game decorations to scale up a whole lot further). I have tried to decorate the barren stairway with garlands and a wreath, to no avail. :)
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You ,know what would be good for a big house like that? A broom to help you sweep... as you fly around on it in the house! Get Ttobey to animate it! That's a good Dev!
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  11. Zen Master formless, shapeless

Oh, the Holiday House is missing a train set that players can use to ride around the house. :)
    Febrith, Rhodris, Siren and 2 others like this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, isn't there one from Player Studio? Is Player Studio even still an active thing anymore?
    Zen Master likes this.
  13. Zen Master formless, shapeless

I do not see a player studio train set but I do not think it would scale.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is/has always been a train set in the player studio, I think all the pieces were sold separately. Maybe it just hasn't been put on yet.
    Breanna, Dude and Rosyposy like this.