Emboldened Abyss Reaver, Avenger of Tides, SCOUTS EXCLUDED

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Redlight, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Hi,

Soon people will start getting the new Greater Relic blue adornments, which will mean that the primary class mythical weapons will be replaced with current expansion's weapons. Now what really grinds my gears is that all classes but scouts (excluding beastlords) have access to an amazing 2hander mythical weapon that can be easily obtained by grinding new currency, while scouts can only get a single slot offhand weapon/shield. This means that within the two weapon slots, scouts will have a primary weapon of the new expansion (best there we have seen so far, is a relic weapon with about 900 base potency), and the secondary (great) mythical offhander which has a base potency of about 1500. Together that is a base potency of 2400, which is a massive gap with the mythical offhander + relic primary. The same measurements count for all other stats, including a key factor at the moment: resolve. These differences become even bigger when infusing and leveling the weapons.

TL;DR
    Please open up the mythical 2hander for scouts because it would be an unfair disadvantage towards scouts if not.
  2. Redlight Well-Known Member

Oh, here are some item links to clarify for those not aware of what I mean:
    \aITEM 1025584045 -2074971265 0 0 0:[Emboldened Abyss Reaver, Avenger of Tides]\/a
    \aITEM 1032492182 1237355309 0 0 0:[Celestial Rune of Mysteries]\/a
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Only having to plat infuse one item... and ending up with huge stats ..only having to level one item to get 270 resolve.. with melee meaning so little the 2 hander myth seems like a great option to fight the stat recession with the CD expansion... for everyone except most scouts.
  4. Redlight Well-Known Member

Sad to see that it didn't make patch notes, getting raid resolve is going to be a lot harder for scouts for at least a week :(
  5. Primitive Member

Scouts duel wield. Classes are not required to be the same. That's what is good about this game. Planar infuse a level 70 resolve item, more than enough for heroics. If you raid you will pick up an 80 resolve item pretty quick. Yes you need to planar infuse 2 weapons, compared to classes who have a 2 hander. Certain class epics were more difficult than others. The world of EQ2 is not fair. Go farm weapons to mulch!
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

There already are scout 2-handers in the game, so that point is irrelevant. Aside from that, it is unfair to scout raiders to have to get at least 30 more resolve than all other classes, and that is without regard to all the other stats that will be massively lower from weapon slots. Unless a primary mythical sigline will be added for scouts, it is unfair and having a pretty big (bad) impact on progression if other classes can get one.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I don't know any top end scout that would take a two hander over individual weapons simply because of how their skills work.

Exception being for appearance's sake.
  8. Redlight Well-Known Member

With a mythical sigline offhander having higher stats than any scout twohanders in game that is not very surprising. The comment about "that is not how their skills work" absolutely makes no sense to me, could you elaborate please?
  9. duckster Active Member

Just dbl the amount of weapon essence required to level it. After all it is the equivalent of 2 weapon slots.
    Revanu likes this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Since I mostly play a sin, I'll speak from that standpoint. I get most of my bonuses from piercing and slash damage. I do get some a little bit from crush, but not as much as the other two. Also, I get faster attacks with dual wield weapons than I would with a slow swinging two-hander. 2 (or more) attacks in 8 seconds is more damage for me than 1 attack in 8 seconds, as I have twice the rate at which to proc things via how often I swing.
  11. Bord Active Member

Sounds like your talking about TLE server where auto attack actually does something. On live for a sin, and all scouts, auto is less than 0.1% of your parse, so using a 2 hander wouldn't affect your auto. And procs are normalized so no change there either, especially since you can just put on a delay modifier.

As much as a disadvantage the 1 hander is in this case, I doubt devs are going to allow scouts to use 2 handers.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I don't play on TLE. But I doubt very much putting on a 2hander is going to do anything useful, even if procs were normalized. And additionally, I prefer the variance of having 3 different procs over 2. Furthermore, you'd be down one white slot and a cyan slot.
  13. duckster Active Member

Procs ill give you however the other adorns are dbled(2 handed cyans/white adorns) in effectiveness to make up for the loss of a slot. Ironic that they dont do the same with the means to level the weapon?

Seems weird to exclude a few classes on items that gives a significant advantage on resolve at least initially.(Seen another poster complain about resolve gating)
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

Somehow I am supposed to get a lot more resolve for T2 raids, really do not see this happening with a full T1 raid set including a T1 raid primary weapon...
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

yeah, someone reminded me earlier there was a 2h cyan adornment, which I totally forgot about because they've never been.....useful.....before.

I'm seeing a LOT of players struggling to meet both resolve and potency checks this year. It feels like they have this stuff very over-tuned, and the gear is underwhelming. I can't figure out for the life of me, why they keep adding crit bonus overcaps to everything, and removing the crit bonus from things. Last year it was gear they stripped it from. This year it's weapons. And losing the fervor off the tome....It feels like they did everything right in the art department, and at least 2/3's of everything wrong in the itemization department. And I'm raging currently about the adornments. They did it right last year. Everyone liked that system. It was a relief, and good for the life of the game. I like what they did with the waist slots, making the wearable by everyone. That's nice. What's not nice, is having to loot them, over and over again, IF I'm lucky enough to find them. /sigh
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

then if they are goign ot give a two hander to all other classed scouts should get 2 weapons that equal that 2 hander not just one.