[Bug] Brutal Lag

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been experiencing brutal lag in my NQ T1 guild hall and in North Qeynos. Also using any crafting station in Myrist.

I can manage a combine, but I've blown up two items during the 5th experimentation, which is not normal for me. Each crafting round is 4.0 seconds. Each counter refresh is 4.1 seconds, and I'm getting reaction lag, i.e., where I press the button for the correct counter to the current detriment, but it doesn't fire for a couple of second, thus costing me progress and ultimately a coupe of mastercrafted Academic items.

I do have some experimentation boosts:
    [IMG]

I tried all the standard stuff... rebooting my PC, cable modem, and router. Validating files. Speedtest and pathping normal. None of that helped.

I decided to try the crafting basement under the Ironforge Exchange in NQ, and it's better in there, but there is still some lag. For now I'm being much more conservative with my experiment button mashing. It's frustrating.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're definitely aware of the issue, and the coding team is working on a fix for the lag that players have been experiencing!
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I did have to cry a little over losing my refined-rare MC, LOL.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The lag in Qeynos last night was so bad I thought I was going to crash and that was just running from South Qeynos up to the Claymore. Not nearly that amount of lag anywhere else. I also did the reboot the PC, reboot the router and modem, validate files, etc.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, gods, so it's not just me...are any of you AT&T customers with DSL? That could be an additional complicating issue, though I hope the devs and techs can pounce all over this and squash it soon. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Ferrelle New Member

Comcast here, and it had gotten so bad I'm taking a break until it gets fixed. Hopefully soon.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Not AT&T or Comcast, cable with 1 gig connection. Did not experience the lag like this last night, a couple of stutters, but overall smooth sailing.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool; sounds like the game Powers got it nailed down on their end. :)

Now all I need to do is beat AT&T severely about the head and neck until they realize that California is not evil for wanting to free the Internet again. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am surprised that the internet has not been freed already. California does not like to imprison anybody, any animal, or anything for that matter, not even your inmates. They seem to prefer that everything including your animalistic inmates run free.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

One of my closest friends was a yard gunner at Pelican Bay. He also walked the tiers in Death Row in San Quentin. When inmates would threaten him he would tell them I am the oldest man in this prison and you are more afraid of me than you are your homies in the block. Bring it on, the old man is the only one walking with you right now. None of them ever tried to get him though.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Internet issue is whether or not the Big Media companies, like AT&T, Comcast, etc., can screw over the users by cranking the fees through the nose for wide-band usage. These are the same people, with the same motive, that denied web usage to a California FIRE DEPARTMENT DURING A HUGE EMERGENCY because the people who signed them up to a "wide-band, unlimited data usage plan" apparently lied to them.

We'd passed a law saying that any company doing business in California would not be allowed to screw us over like that, but the FCC shill of Big Media is whining about it and claiming that not only can't we do that, it would be harmful to consumers. And that black is white, truth is lies, and up is down.

Net Neutrality

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.