So what information is there on PvP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thetmes, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Thetmes Active Member

I know that it has been mentioned that there will be a return of PvP in some form. What will it be? Is there any information at this time? Or are we still waiting.

Yes I did check in the news letter stuff and no I did not see it. If its there and I missed it sorry.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Absolutely no word.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

The most recent statement is from September 21 and is posted below, but note that it does not say that there will be a definite return of PvP. It says that the development team is working on something that, if it tests well and if there is enough interest, could be pushed out in the form of something like an event server. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'm a big fan of expectation management.

Breanna, Roxxlyy, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  4. Sikkun Member

Battle Royal Mobile Phone Game.

“Sept. 6, 2018 – NantWorks, a diversified holding company, today announced that it has made a strategic investment in Daybreak Game Company, a leading developer and publisher of multiplayer online games. In connection with the investment, NantWorks has obtained a controlling interest in a new joint venture with Daybreak, NantG Mobile, LLC, which has been formed to develop and publish mobile versions of Daybreak’s current games – H1Z1 and EverQuest – and to build and publish video games across all platforms. In addition, the JV will now assume control and management of the current PC H1Z1 Battle Royale game. Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, CEO and Chairman of NantWorks and Owner and Executive Chairman of the Los Angeles Times, will join Daybreak’s board of directors.”

Ok so maybe that’s speculation, but that’s were an outside party is willing to put money, so that’s the PVP I would expect them to be working on.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd hold out for that.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/25297560/h1z1-pro-league-shutter-amid-payment-issues

Like Dude said, realistic expectation management.
    Feldon, Dude and Rhodris like this.
  6. Sikkun Member

Feldon and Tekka like this.
  7. Thetmes Active Member

Thank you all for the information. I had seen some of this not all so I guess we are still waiting for any new info. Would be nice to hear something from a Dev or Community Manager on the subject, with some additional info of course.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Around here, no news is normal news... so don't hold your breath while waiting!
    Kheldar, Feldon, Praaji and 1 other person like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Kander had said on Discord that they had to push out Chaos Descending first. I would think once the devs have a breather, they may focus more on starting up the beta for the PvP event server next. Let's hope so!
    Ishtara and bringbackpvppls like this.
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

My original post that was shared above (thanks Dude!) still stands. It's only been a couple short weeks since the expansion launch, and the team still has their work cut out for them. We're only a few weeks away from the holidays, and I wouldn't expect anything too crazy come out about this before the end of the year.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why NantG Mobile was brought up here, but to clarify: NantG Mobile shares a joint interest with Daybreak, but is ultimately its own company and entity. Our team (the EQ2 dev team, myself included) does not work for NantG, and the PvP server mentioned a few months back is not in any way, shape, or form, a mobile title, or related to any of NantG's projects. What we were discussing was indeed a PvP event server for the EverQuest II PC game - nothing nearly as radical as a new title for a different platform.
    Siren, Cyrrena, Dethrayzin and 5 others like this.
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Well, we're hungry and ready when you are. :p
  12. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

As much as I love eq2 pvp I'm not holding my breath. Even if they did launch a pvp event server, does DBG know that PVP and P2W does not work well together? What if they add familiars or ancient spell research to it as well as claimable mounts with stats or preorder buffs as they have done on FG server? That'd kill the server right away. Do any of u really think that DBG would allow a server completely free of any P2W? I don't, but I'd love to be wrong.
  13. Ishtara Well-Known Member

As long as the cash shop for this event server only contains exp pots, extra large bags and appearance / fluff items I am fine with it.
  14. Asteroid New Member

I come to EQ2 forum every day waiting and hoping for some news on PVP.. i just Miss it.
    Ishtara and bringbackpvppls like this.
  15. Alway Active Member

No familiars either...
    Kheldar, Ishtara and Siren like this.
  16. Thetmes Active Member

Thank you very much Roxxlyy. As some of the other posted we are waiting lol. As for the ideas mentioned I would agree with all of them keep it simple. I would love to see a pre SF ( TSO and prior rule set ) PvP event server. Just my opinion though.