A week until SF unlocks

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fistpower, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

And a few questions remains unanswered.

Will items be reworked before it unlocks? Both Heroic and Raid gear so people wanna farm both kinds of marks.
    Will Hardmode raids be tweaked so they are "hard"? Will they even work?
    Will the inheritance merchant be disabled or will the level 90 items be tweaked to be in line with raid gear?

3 answers I think most guilds on the server would like answered.
    Momo and Adoninilol like this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]Kander11/15/2018[/COLOR]

Releasing it is the plan.

jaja
    Momo and Atan like this.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I'm hyped about it either way, getting bored of WoE :p
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Imagine if they could just spend 30 minutes thinking about these questions and give us an answer instead of leaving everything up in the air. If they leave the inheritance merchant in and leave the gear as it is, they will have to do crazy stuff to the raid bosses or everything will be cleared in two weeks or less for every body.

Please tell us what the plan is with SF so guilds can prepare just a tiny bit. We do pay for this product after all.

Or is the master plan to let the server dwindle and die like Stormhold?
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 4:23 PM[/COLOR]

Those items are tuned for expansion 7 or 8, that is when they will be wearable. There will be new ones for the 5 or 6 that are in SF. [Now you all know. Yay.]

A little flippant in his response, and a answer to the questions was only in a PM until pressed further.

As far as itemization otherwise:
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2)]KanderToday at 4:25 PM[/COLOR]

We're wprking on it.

Who knows what the difficulty will be, although we are fighting a lot of stuff post nerf (3 sages, maalus doesn't charm, yael nerfs/wing 3 various nerfs, etc.) So I can only imagine they are just going to up HP/outgoing damage and not revert stuff back to its pre-nerf scripts much like how majority of TLE has been (EoF/TSO).

I'm starting to think the forums are now just deleted in the devs minds.
    Zenji likes this.
  6. Kander Developer

We're not nerfing/buffing anything. It will remain the way it is currently.

Itemization is being worked on, adjusted.

Concerning the Heritage items. There is more than one expansion where you would be level 90. Its painfully obvious that the Heritage items that are there currently are over tuned for Sentinel’s Fate, even to some players who brought up concerns. Allowing people to start day 1 with half of their gear never seeing an upgrade until upper raids doesn’t really seem like good progression, nor is it good for the expac. So instead of nerfing them, we will have them be wearable for the expansion they were intended for. There will be 5 or 6 new Heritage items that will be earnable within Sentinel’s Fate, for your enjoyment. We are currently making changes to the current itemization for SF, in hopes that it will be good for the expac that is releasing on December 4th.

The Shard of Love will go out with middle content for Sentinel's Fate.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response. I would appreciate if this level of transparency/communication in the future could be replicated. Since you're here, let me reiterate my thoughts and the shared thoughts of the people who regularly post on the forums that I talk to in game, and other players:
    It's no secret that developer posts in this section have been absent in the past year. Since the release of munzok over a month ago, people been asking about things such as shard of love and chronomentoring, yet no response had been given sans a PM to a few players on discord, who constantly receive discussions from the developers regarding things on TLE, that have to be screenshotted/posted to an alternative discord for players to understand what is going on in the game; all while the forum feedback is ignored/regular discord discussion.

While it seems "painfully obvious" their not balanced to the current expansion and it's itemization scheme; the items were in for SF on SH, and no response had been given despite weeks, even months of asking about the items.

I do agree it's a better plan for the items to be removed until DoV, however even in DoV certain items will still have the same issues pertaining to your other line "Allowing people to start day 1 with half of their gear never seeing an upgrade until upper raids doesn’t really seem like good progression, nor is it good for the expac." Unless Itemization is going to have a significant re-haul to be made better than it is in it's current state for the UFD wing 3 gear to match up with the HQ items, or DoV itemization is planned on being significantly better as well, even then you run into the issue of certain items being best in slot even if they had absolutely zero blue stats attached to them.

While we are discussing itemization, please ensure that we don't have the current issue of t1 gear being better than t4 gear because of it's stat layout being randomized, this was also an issue back in original SF in a few slots because of the blue stat changes going from easy mode to hard mode. If it were up to me copy/paste them, and apply an additional blue stat starting in t3, and make t4 a natural upgrade in the same blue stats/int/sta.

This is also just my opinion, since t5 we have listed a myriad of issues with the way blue stats are considered "equal" such as how much flurry(0.1%) was considered equal to stats like haste, (which gave more flurry than actual blue stat being itemized, the same goes for casting speed to sda)

Regarding Raids; please reconsider buffing a few of the mobs. Even on stormhold, which had less players and non full raids by the time they reached a lot of the hard mode content. It was all first pullable(even pugged!), on a server with differing mechanics regarding mob mitigation which, ensured everyone parsed less despite similar potency amounts to players on fallen gate, The server was also missing channelers, which are another entirely different argument regarding why incoming damage needs to be increased.

Thank you.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[quote="Adoninilol, post: 6531074, member: 716873"
    Since the release of munzok over a month ago, people been asking about things such as shard of love and chronomentoring,
    .[/quote]

I forgot to add in Kurn's tower loot still not being itemized, and the same issue pertains to emperor's anatheum. Avatar of Flame (hardest mob in game except for munzok) also still having gear we wouldn't wear even in RoK.