Why the Character Select Screen in Chaos Descending is.. disgusting?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Meneltel Well-Known Member

No, after all, what do they know? They cant even make a Vroom Broom for Cyrrena! *snickers as I slip back into the shadows*
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Nov 14 Daybreak Games Support I’ve been told: "Even if you don't see an official dev response bear in mind that they are always watching and taking note". Now I look for the way oneself. As I am user, and not developer, time will be required..
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Kander Developer

We have a fix going in tomorrow with the patch. its closer to the original colors of Myrist.
    Heijo, Cyrrena, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Awesome! It's not so much that the red is annoying (although I don't care for it) but rather I can't see the true colors of my toons against the background. Thanks, devs!
    Cyrrena, Dude, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thank you SO much - it is very harsh on the eyes with that garish red.
    Cyrrena, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Krystoffer Member

That is awesome news, @Kander ! Thank you for the update!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I think its funny that so much has been said about this. I mean, it's a very quick process, there could be strobe lights flashing in my face during character creation as far as im concerned LOL, but If your worried about skin tone.... your going to be covered up with gear and so many people use shrink items. At that point you cant tell what race it is most of the time, let alone what their face looks like. Do people stop and zoom in on their own toons to admire them a lot? :confused:
    Ratt and Breanna like this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It may not be your style, but I can't play a toon if I don't like their looks. Maybe no one else can really see what they look like, but I can! :p
    Pixistik, Cyrrena, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Yes sadly, colouring book in blood the librarians. In this book ours toons..
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Agreed! I spend my time looking at that backside while I play, it has to be at last somewhat attractive...so much more could be said here... :D
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

I couldn't really see much difference on the patched screen so I loaded up Darq's filter and played a bit according to his instructions. I maxed the green and dropped the opacity to turn the awful red wash into a pale green one. Not ideal but at least it no longer makes my eyes bleed.
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Nope, no change to the character select redness that I can see :( Nothing in the patch notes either. Did this happen? And were the "original colours of Myrist" red?

It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't dumped back to character select so regularly.
    Rosyposy and Tkia like this.
  15. Kander Developer

Unfortunately, it didn't make it in with the patch today. it will be ready for the next patch.

Thanks for being patient.
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

We’re committed to being patient however would be desirable quicker because it already jammed eyes. Ours joyful that you respond :)
    Rosyposy and Meneltel like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update Kander.
    Breanna, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Perhaps to someone it's strangely that at forum, there is some attention to the new (I hope, already not new) screen. And to me strange at another. So considerable attention to various nuances in game, to actual, quite well smoothly debugged, game process. World of Norrath soon already 25 (longer?) and when this date comes, the satisfaction this his duration, will be not without reasones. Developers of other games had to be borrow from EQ, EQii more often than on the contrary. A little where you will meet such extent of sharpening of its many various aspects at so complex contents of the game world. And when something break (it seldom) we address in support and quickly receive answers. Of which, it's often visible that actually our problems or - ostensibility, or are already corrected..
  19. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

20. Tkia Well-Known Member

The patch for this appears to have been loaded to test server last night. The wash colour is now an orange shade. Better than the red but personally I went back to my green filter and just toned it down a bit to compensate.

Radical thought: instead of messing around with the colour of the wash how about we just lose it and use the normal zone graphic on its own? Whatever colour you settle for the wash is going to continue to interfere with the appearance of the character avatars on the screen.

More importantly it is interfering with the ability to set a character's appearance in the first place. The wash colour continues through to the appearance screen where you get to do things like select COLOURS for various parts of your character's appearance and currently we are having to do that through a red/orange haze. It's virtually impossible to accurately select colour from a palette through an orange wash. Give it a whirl. Try selecting white fur for a ratonga and see how you feel about that murky orange sandstone effect you end up looking at. Presumaby on live until Tuesday you currently end up with a pink candy mouse effect ...

Please let's just turn off the colour wash?
    Svenone, EmJay, Dude and 5 others like this.