Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My favorite "marks on the window" story has got to be with the space shuttle; one of their routine tasks was wiping the hand- and face-prints off the windows. :eek::):cool:

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure how much relevance this has, but I self-mentored down from 100 to 25 in order to do the fast/easy "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" in Butcherblock. As far as I knew, I'd done everything right; zoned in right, didn't have many weird lag spikes, etc., but when I'm killing the mountain shriekers for their "red dye" (ew), it won't let me loot, to wit: "You are too busy to loot right now. Obviously, you did something wrong, scumbag, how dare you? :p"

I'd like to respectfully suggest that I didn't, but I'll see if I can loot the Shadesire defenders or not as well. :-/

Brb... ;->

EDIT: Okay, I couldn't loot the Shadesires either, just had to leave their bodies behind to rot. :( Also, the minute I'd gathered all the materials, I mentored back up to 100 and turned it in to Gh'lad Tydingz. He suggested I talk to G'shugahplum to get his "Feelin' Gifty in New Halas" quest. Well, G'shugah wasn't having any of it, just said hi, and that was it. Checked my Completed Quest list: nothing on there re: any of the "Feelin' Gifty" quests. I'd done a previous version of "Work" at level 95 yesterday, but I don't recall if I immediately followed it up with "Feelin' Gifty." I probably did (I have a lot of alts on Test!), but I don't see it listed anywhere as being current or finished. :(

On a better note, it's cool to see that "Lost Frostfell Gifts," the NPC Guide quest, is now Repeatable; it didn't use to be, iirc. :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, Pixi is poking Finora.

Hey, don't make Kaitheel turn this car around, I want to see where we are going!!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I have to potty!!!! I'm Hungry!!! :D
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

{Finally manages to NOT feel like she's going to cough up a lung at any moment}

Any word on the final name/art/music for the snowglobe from Santa? (I notice that they stack today, at least, but the rest is still missing.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Glad you're improving! The damage that the Plane of Fire can do to lungs is not to be taken lightly.

Unfortunately, no, not yet.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Lera Well-Known Member

The candy canes that the new cubes are digesting hugging appear to be too large for them. Is this intentional, so that the cubes can enjoy their candy canes much longer, or should these be shrunk down to fit nicely within the cube?
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They so spoil you Frostfell Elf!!!!
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That's intentional design. Mid-consumption!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

As of yesterday's update, Test should have all of the changes I have made for Frostfell, so far.

And let me take today to remind you all how thankful I am for all of you!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Uwkete have you made sure your hidden quests are unhidden ?
    it can happen that repeatable quests go under ground and you can't find them in your journal anymore, unless you mark
    show hidden quests.
    I always make sure I don't have any quests up showing on the screen before I sign up for an event quest it will at least
    show up on my screen as a quest I follow hidden or not .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Heya Kaitheel,

thank you for all the awesome changes, especially taking my list from last year into consideration! Here as a reminder for next year an updated gifty list including this years changes:

Gifts only available for 1 year:
    2005: [Ak'anon beats | Felwithe Aria | Freeport Theme | Legendary Theme | Qeynos Theme | Rivervale Shanty] music box(es) (There are snowglobes with the same art on the merchant but they play no music afaik)
    2007: The Neriak Snowglobe
    2009: Saturnine Frostfell Candles, Snowfall Cape, Solemn Frostfell Candles
    2012: Gingersnap Activator
    2013: Sugarsassin Activator
    2016: a domestic mallard, Lemon Yellow Gumdrop, Nye'Caelona Snowglobe
    2017: chocolaty ninjabread man, Cool Mint Candy Crown, Molten Throne Snowglobe, Plane of Magic Snowglobe, Sinister Gumdrop, Sweet Dreams Pillow

Gifts available for 3+ years:
    Bucket of Icy Snowballs (2012-2014)
    Gumdrop Tower (2011-2013, 2017)
    Majestic Stag Ice Sculpture (2013-2014, 2017)
    Ornate Frostfell Snowflake (2008-2009, 2016)
    Sack of Coal (2008-2009, 2015-2016)
    Tiered Frostfell Cake (2012-2014)
    Winter's Deep Tartan Cloak (2011-2013)

Kind and festive regards

Pijotre Kajek
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...for me, hidden quests aren't nearly as deeply buried as hidden recipes; it just means that they're not displaying on the screen for my attention in the quest window, but they should still be there when I look in the Journal for them (with the check box unchecked, if they're hidden). Hunted around all over the place for it; nothing. :(

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dude, you are so thorough! I had no idea...well, I knew about the music boxes, but not that I'd missed out on so many. :(

I do think that next year, we could probably not necessarily bring back things that have shown up again and again and again and again and...I firmly believe, that for all the items that the code still exists for, they should be on the merchant once they're not being offered again as gifts.

Saves more RNG room for the new stuff. ;->

Uwk
    Pijotre, Kaitheel, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I find a lot, quests and recipes that are hidden, unchecking and rechecking the show hidden does not unhide them. I found the only way to find them, is to actually do the first step of the quest if it is a quest and see if the quest appears momentarily on your tracker with the update. For recipes, unless it is a quest recipe, I can never find them although sometimes going to a city crafting area or drop in uninvited into someone's public home or guildhall crafting areas will let the recipe show up.

I had an entire Erollisi book disappear, I bought another and had it in my bags, but I could not scribe it and neither the book nor the recipes in the book were in my knowledge and I could not make the items required for one of the achievements. I had to go round and round with CS and finally get someone to come to me and look and re-add the book and recipes to my knowledge base.

Are we there yet? Uwk is touching me!! Breanna needs the little girls room!! Are we there yet? Where are we going? Puhhhhlease tell me where we are going!! Are we there yet?
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What IS it with their knowledge base(s)?? Seems more than a bit clugey to me... :-/

And you're the one who's touching me! Cyrrena's sitting too close to me!! :eek:

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think Kaitheel is wearing earphones .;):p
    Behave yourself kids ,or we will have to move over to the side of the road and sit there for 30 minutes without hand held games until everybody is ready to play nice.:rolleyes:
    Kaitheel, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

While he's driving? Dangerous... ;->

Uwk
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

I still have to potty!!!! And I'm still HUNGRY!!!!! Are you guys fighting over the doughnuts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.