@caith are chanters just dumb ?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by lumi, Nov 21, 2018.

1. lumi New Member

We dont even need to use manaflow anymore its like caith just thinks we cant do it for ourselfs so we get a passive mana , its dumb and makes chanters like a childs toy , im wondering caith what is the reasoning ???
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

In the last 4 years there has been every attempt at making every class play the same. This is just another step in that direction.

As Kander, the eq2 producer, would put it. If you don't like it, don't play it.

That is your reasoning.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You're supposed to be using Ascensions!
    Dannni likes this.
  4. Talduke Active Member

I’m gonna venture a guess and say you are not / have not cleared t2 heroics yet. Power drains get crazy even with an illy and you should probabaly experience all co tent before requesting yourself to be nerfed.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No, chanters are not dumb and I've not seen any indication Caith thinks that. I have, however, seen players who don't know how to play one very well.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. lumi New Member

Actually i have cleared all heroic , and ok the trash in the rainbow zone is bad , so bad unless you kill it quick enough your dead . other than that its just the new passive mana is good enough that hardly ever do i need manaflow thats just stupid that for me ruins the whole point of manafeeding. relying on the AI to manafeed instead of the player is LAZY and ruins the chanter , next healers will get automatic heals and tanks auto taunts , lets go further and just let the AI do our dps ... get my point :)
    Ashandra likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Not really. Haven't run any heroic zones in CD yet, but it was more than interesting in PoP to play a chanter doing heroics or raids. Frankly, I'm thankful they did some things after those fun times. There's a lot of threads especially in the mage section about power drains, lack of functioning pots from the current xpac vs. carrying adorns and pots from 3 xpacs back. Still requires paying attention to what you're doing if you're really playing your character well.
  8. Vokan Well-Known Member

What is the passive mana foe Coercers?
  9. Moss Well-Known Member

Well chanters have more than one problem, and mana regen would be second to their dps/utility problems at the moment.

It was reported during the beta that crit bonus was applied to breeze and epiphamy new ticks, like any other mana regen for chanters, Which make the new passive effect (1% mana every 6s) regenerating 35-50% mana every tick depending of your crit bonus. That is overpowered of course.

But it is important to point out that if they fix those spells and remove the crit bonus, which should be done, the 1% base value will make it useless once again. It should be upgradate to 5-10% to make it usefull and inline with the effect of those spells at lower level.

For those who have run all heroics they have all notice how dumb are the mana drains, 100% mana every half seconds for 5s or more in some case. Either the chanters mana regen are able to handle those mechanisms or they should be fixed.

Also the new effect of mana cloak that is supposed to reset channel should be upgraded from 9% to 50% at least. In my case I have only seen it reset it only once since the begining of the expansion.
  10. Gregore Active Member

Nothing to see here. Move along to another thread that's way more important.
    Stifle likes this.