Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaitheel Developer

Frostfell is active on Test!

Join us in celebrating this Deepice holiday! Whether you are an adventurer or tradeskiller you'll find something new awaits you! Step through the Magic Closet within your city to enter the Frostfell Wonderland Village, an enchanting land of ice and adventure. From there you are welcome to visit the Frostfell Workshop, where Frostfell elves have been busy preparing for the celebration. Be sure to keep your eyes open for wandering gifts!

Don't forget to log in each day and claim your extra-special Frostfell present from Santa Glug!

New Features for '18!
    • Fallen Gate (TLE server) gets nearly the full live event!
      • Exceptions (due to zone limitations these quests are not available):
        • "Little Lost Goblin" quest offered by Meg Gingersnap.
        • "Deepice Dreams" quest series offered by Jarith Icewing.
        • Gallivanting Gifties" quest started by a self-delivering gift.
    • Gallivanting Gifties - New quest started by a self-delivering gift found in the Frostfell Workshop.
    • Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is back and has 15 tradable gifts (8 new) to give everyone that asks once a day (18 hours)!
    • Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has new items for sale!
      • 5 new items, including a new mount, to players of all levels.
      • 26 new weapons and equipment to players level 90+.
      • 42 new weapons and equipment to players level 100+.
    • Tradeskillers can create NEW house items, clothing and equipment in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can buy the new crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • "Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XI"
    • "Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XI"
    • "Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XI"
    Returning features:
    • In game mail sent to every player that logs in while the event is active.
    • Returning Quests
      • "Little Lost Goblin" offered by Meg Gingersnap, located in Frostfell Workshop zone.
      • "Deepice Dreams" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Special Delivery" offered by Jarith Icewing, located in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "O Frostfell Tree" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Frostfell Workshop.
      • "Tis the Season" offered by Jarith Icewing, now located in Maldura.
      • "Gift Giving" offered by Sira Cogtree, now located in Maldura.
      • "The Great Candy (Cane) Chase" offered by Frestishan in Frostfell Wonderland Village.
        • Gigglegibber Frostfell Stocking is no longer a possible reward choice. (It’s still available from the quest, Gift Giving.)
        • Solemn Frostfell Candles and Saturnine Frostfell Candles have been added as reward choices.
      • "A Deepice Mystery" offered by Jingle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Merry Mischief" offered by Candice Cheriweth in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" offered by Sogs Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Raiding the Gifty Storehouse!" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Feelin' Gifty in __" quests offered by G'shugahplum in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas.
      • "A Gigglegibber's Work is Never Done" quests offered again by Gh'lad Tydingz in Kelethin, Qeynos, Freeport, Gorowyn, Neriak and New Halas. (can now be repeated 15 times)
      • "The Tale of the Gigglegibber Grump" quest line offered by Pinchy Presentpeeler in Qeynos or Freeport.
      • "A Frostfell Favor" offered by Mr. McScroogle in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Saving Frostfell" offered by Queen Bunny in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "The Giftgiver's Dilemma" offered by Gardy Ex-Giftgiver in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Mission Improbable..." offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon!" offered by Snarf Frostfoot in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "An Exalting Experience!" offered by Aildiun Mawdrun in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Antonica" offered by Snowball in Antonica.
      • "Frostfell Candy Grab: Commonlands" offered by Crumpet in Commonlands.
      • "Decoration Additions in __" quests offered by Gevil (in Neriak and Freeport) and Gutten (in New Halas, Qeynos, Kelethin, Gorowyn and Haven)
      • Both versions can be completed by the same character, so they can attain both the snowy and dead Frostfell trees, if they can find a way into the quest giver's city.
    • Returning Achievements
      • Holiday Lights
      • Handcrafted Gifts to Give
      • Frostfell Feast Delights
      • Great Candy Grabber
      • Frostfell Fanatic
      • Frostfell Overdrive!
    • The frost-bitten toes collection quest can be found within The Frostfell Wonderland Village.
    • Gixen, one of Santa Glug's Helpers in Enchanted Lands, is willing to exchange odd giftboxes or clockwonky toys gathered within the Gigglegibber Gifty Storehouse for Frozen Tokens of E'ci.
    • Santa Glug, (a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village), is back and has 15 gifts, 8 of which are new, to give everyone that asks (once a day)!
    • Items available to buy from Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village. 5 brand new items, including a mount!
    • Tradeskillers can create classic house items, clothing and wieldables in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. They can still buy previous years' crafting books from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.
    • Players can obtain the 3 key recipes for personal Frostfell Tradeskill stations.
    • Festive decorations can be found in Qeynos, Freeport, Haven, Kelethin, Darklight Wood, Village of Shin, Gnomeland Security in Steamfont, Butcherblock docks in Butcherblock, Somborn in Loping Plains, Gorowyn in Timorous Deep, Neriak, and New Halas.
    • Snowball and fruitcake fights.
    • Sturdy Fruitcake (throwing weapon like the snowballs) can be gathered throughout the world from fruitcake decorations and when it hits another player, it puts the fruitcake into their inventory, giving them ammo to throw themselves!
    • Festive equipment and decorations, (including 2 returning items that had only been available once before) are available from merchants in Frostfell zone (Giggawat and Garsleblat).
    • The Frostfell Wonderland Village is still flyable and frozen over! Players will find it very difficult to stop moving while on these icy sections.
    • Snowballs with knockback are found within the Frostfell Wonderland Village. These icy snowballs are no zone, and have practically no affect upon players standing on solid ground, but those that are on the slippery ice will find themselves being slid quite a distance!
    • The Permafrostfell group dungeon zone!
    Also, as with every year, the grand Frostfell Trees and event music within Freeport and Qeynos will be missing until the zone art is updated.

This event content is currently set to run 12/04/18 at 8am PST* through 01/03/19 at 7am PST*. (*Corresponding with a live game update)

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

NOTE: The new quest "Gallivanting Gifties" is missing quite a bit of journal text, but should be functional. I'm working on resolving the missing text right now!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Are the Marketplace gifts that allow a toon to drop presents going to be available? (I have forgotten the name...)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, you're thinking of the Gifty Bag. I assume it will be available once again. I'll send a reminder about it!

~ Kaitheel
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Crafting:
    Gingerbread Rug is heirloom for some reason
    Frostburn Sconce - technique does not match events, so cannot counter crafting events

Buyables:
    "White frosttail reindeer" - we have a housepet with the same name as this fluff pet scroll. Not a biggie, but will cause confusion
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I found 5 out of the 6 (white frosttail reindeer spell, shiver me snowpile, snowwhisp plushie, icebite Tuatara and elder frostbiter basilisk) and I can't find the 6th item at all?
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Edit: Whilhemina beat me by a minute ... removing the duplicate post.

Do note, though, that the "Shiver Me Snowpile" should stack and doesn't.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We're highly amused by "CD snowglobe coming soon" from Santa ... can't wait until the real thing is ready for us! :D
  9. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! 5 is the correct number.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Gallivanting gifties.

At 110, snowflurry spawn at level 110++ heroic which seems fine
    I only had the first snowflurry turning aggro and none of the others which is unexpected

The gifts are respawning very fast which seems odd as the frostfell workshop is a solo zone.
    (Niami points out that it's probably the same gifts in every zone and it's better to have something off in FF and something enjoyable outside if several players search for them at the same time)

I'm stuck at Greater Faydark presents. I could gather those from GD and Kylong but I couldn't find any in Greater Faydark. Mum had gathered some earlier in the zone (and I look where she found them). There might be a respawn problem.
    it's 1:30 am so I'll try again tomorrow.
    Breanna, Finora, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

no "CD snowglobe coming soon!" for you! ;p
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

And the number of the counting shall be 5. 6 shall thou not count, neither count thou 4, excepting that thou then proceed to 5. 7 is right out.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

someone needs to check census for 2 new cubes
    /waggles eyebrows
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

Census is broken. I hope they fix it soon so I can add all the nice new furniture to EQ2Furniture.
  15. Lera Well-Known Member

Can we get the music boxes back? Perhaps as rewards from the candy cane race, where you slide around Frostfell Wonderland helping the cubes get away with their candy canes?
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The gifts for the new quest that are in various randomly-offered zones seem to be centered around druid rings from what I've seen.

This is great until you realized you got so focused on chasing a gift that you just sent a level 3* directly into the path of an aggro level 13 treant in Antonica. :D Thankfully, said throwaway level 3 knew how to run away. :D This made him MUCH more careful around the aggro blightstalkers in Stonebrunt - imagine that! ;D

* = He was level 1, but with the several snowflurries that attacked him, he was level 3 by the end of that stage.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"green velvet loot sack" should stack
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I now have an alt stuck on GFay as well. They do not seem to be respawning there as they should.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

the "Green Velvet Loot Sack" has the same disance viewing issues as all carpenter-made sacks/pouches/bags, so I doubt it is going to be changed, but I'll mention it anyway, since I am doing due diligence.

Back away a bit (about 4 floor tiles away, if using a Gorowyn GH floor as measure) and the color turns from green to brown. Back another tile or so away, and the bag disappears, while all the other new stuff, other than the new gingerbread tea stuff is still fully visible. (The tiny tea stuff disappears from view at the same distance, while the Frostfell Triple Berry Compote and such are still sitting there, visible as can be.)
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Level 110 mobs in Icy keep could use a buff package, everything including the named is pretty much a one shot deal for how strong our characters are and are absolutely no threat of even hurting you.

The frozen Corrival doesn't even get a chance to split, tho he does take a bit of whacking on before you kill him.

Oh, and didnt we used to get a candy cane in the ingame mail announcing frostfell?
    Did you give it all out during NOTD?
    Hey that gives me an idea what to pass out next halloween. this years leftover candy canes ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.