Chaos Descending Gateway to Knowledge portal not working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Gerak, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Gerak Well-Known Member

The collectors/premium item Gateway to Knowledge does not recognize the access of Tradeskill for its use.
    It only started working when I finished the starter quest on the adventuring side.
  2. Gninja Developer

Will take a look, thanks!
  3. Gninja Developer

Did you get the item in the mail pointing you to go speak with Ghida Borrel? When you accept that item it should give you the same item used to access it for adventurers.
  4. Gerak Well-Known Member

I read the mail from Ghida and accept the item. I get nothing in my inventory but I do get the RED message telling me my account has access, I do get access using other means (spires/fast travel) but the portal doesn't work.
    Also something else I noticed after I got it to work for an adv toon, it did not give my whole account access via the portal.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I was testing this earlier today. The portal didn't work for my alts until I read the in-game mail and completed the first portion of the quest line (Tribunal part) via the clicky. This was via the adventure side.
  6. Gerak Well-Known Member

The Plane of Justice is only for Adventuring level 110. Tradeskill level 110 access is just supposed to be read mail to get access
  7. Gninja Developer

Yeah, its an item that flags your account for access. You can see if you have access anytime by using the /key command.
  8. Gerak Well-Known Member

I have access. I just can't use the "Gateway to Knowledge" portal from the xpac if I am on a character that is not yet up to Adventuring level 110..
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

If the clicky from the mail indeed "flags my account" for access, then wouldn't all subsequent adventure level 110 characters be able to use the portal item after one successfully achieves the account flag? I'll keep an eye on the /key command to see if any changes come into effect.
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've not been able to use it at all. I've done the tradeskill sigline, partial adventure and none of those characters have been able to use it (six characters so far, diff accounts). Going to check today about keys etc, but shouldn't having done the ts and partial sig mean that I'm flagged to use the portal?
  11. Gninja Developer

We will look into it and make sure its working properly.
    Kittybock, Seefar, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Hateborne Member

Wife bought collector's edition, boosted to 110 tradeskill level, cannot enter the library.

Is she really required to be adventure level 100+ (unlike the tooltip says) or has this been broken for almost a calendar year? :\
  13. Hateborne Member

Update: After scouring the internet, apparently if one uses the 110 tradeskill boost, amongst the rush of in-game mail, one of them is an item that unlocks the flag. Could we simply skip the email item-click requirement and just grant the access on purchase or portal claim? :\
    Juraiya likes this.