Socket Error, Cant Install/Update Files

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ForumCreeper, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Soloder New Member

I have been trying for hours and still get the Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - error.
  2. Greeney New Member

Still getting SocketError:Host not found (11001-205.185.208.88-http://eq2.patch.daybreakgames.com witha bunch of follow on text or Unable to download socketerror: Connection timed out. Seems to alternate between these 2
  3. Heijo Member

4. Erin Member

Keep getting SocketError. Watching the file list its:
    Warning: Retrying help/fr/helpfile_buying_selling_merchants.vm

I tried copying this file from the beta server file but no luck. It continuously hangs in the same place.
  5. Erin Member

Copied help files from En to Dr and Fr and it fixed it.
  6. Louly Well-Known Member

Socket Error also. I've tried and tried. no luck. :(
  7. Zenozad New Member

I was also getting the "Socket Error: Host not found" yesterday on one PC. My other PC's updated and launched fine. Multiple tries of ''Verify Game Assets" failed. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling overnight (over WiFi). Would not launch initially today. Closed and reopened launcher just now. Finally game loaded fully after another 182M download! Seems to be working fine now.
  8. Gninja Developer

Whatever the issue is, it seems to come and go. We are still investigating the cause of it but for now give it a few minutes and try again. Hopefully we can get some more info on it on our end and get the kinks worked out. Thanks for being patient!