Chaos indeed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arcos, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Arcos Active Member

Firstly well done for keeping to the projected downtime. I can't commend quite so much the amount of thought that's gone into the experience so far. The lag in the Library is so bad that I've been thrown out of the game four times already in the first fifteen minutes. If there are multiple instances I've yet to stay in the game long enough to find out. Perhaps the sheer size of the zone has something to do with it?
  2. Kaid Member

They said it may take longer than planned. You must be on the one server showing as up thus far?

Anyway, in all my years of playing EverQuest, EverQuest II and a few other MMOs, I cannot recall ever seeing an expansion launch without issues, not even one time. In original EQ during one of them, my raiding cleric logged in to find himself naked. He stayed that way for days too before it was sorted.

I just assume there will be issues and also that for the most part at least, they'll get sorted as fast as they are able post launch.
    Moonfyre and Dude like this.
  3. Cerie New Member

On Thurgadin and the lag is immense cannot pick up any quest; I get disconnected and get the error message Trying Server #1 and then disconnects. Was in Library #3 at the time
  4. Kaid Member

I guess the main page isn't updated yet with what servers are unlocked. As of checking just now it only shows Stormhold being up from here. I guess I will go try my home and see if if it is up or not.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

agreed. If lagging like molasses and being constantly tossed from game is your cup of tea, then two thumbs up, haha. Four tosses to login with 15 minutes doesn't cut it. Think my initial decision to bypass this week may prove to be a sane choice, sad to say.
  6. Gninja Developer

The high lag in Myrist, the Great Library should now be resolved. If you are still seeing it lag a lot, zone out and back and it should clear.
    Cyrrena, Siren, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

11 instances of the Library on Thurgadin - which at 10.15pm on a school night is pretty good:)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Tommara Active Member

Well, it's their own fault. I never rush into an expansion for just this reason, but they practically forced us too by disabling our mounts until we did. Despite completing the initial summons, when I would have avoided crowding the zone, now some of my characters get off the ground on a flying mount and then immediately fall, plus Blessing of Xegony (fae flying buff) does not work at all.
    Moonfyre likes this.
  9. Moonfyre Everquesting since 1999

My daughter is having this problem as well. :confused:
  10. Gninja Developer

Should be addressed in an update tomorrow morning.
    Cyrrena, Seefar, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  11. EmJay Well-Known Member

If you have been playing a number of years, you should already know that bad things happen on expansion launchday. The players flock in at the same time. Familiars, mercs, and every freakin' little friend they have that can be up and following them around are doing just that lagging everyone out.

In the first fifteen minutes and really no longer than that, I too crashed to character select screen four times. Then it seemed that the number of instances shot up and the population was better distributed and I was able to stay logged in until I quit for the night eight hours later. Kudos to the Devs for getting that situation fixed so fast!

I would not be surprised and I'm sure many of you will not either if we have a daily patch or maybe even two patches for the next few days. At least things will be getting fixed in a timely fashion. Just have a brandy and try to stay calm about it. Things will all get worked out soon. :)
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Besides launch day always being a nightmare. I have seen many players returning after years away. The server populations have increased dramatically with the release of the expansion.

This being said, I logged in at 2 pm PST and did not have any lag at all and was never booted. I logged out at 9 pm PST and was not kicked even once, except by the Queen of Mean, Meneltel *ducks and giggles, running off to the library*
    Siren likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*kicks Cyrrena with a pillow tipped boot* There, you got kicked! *slips off into the shadows snickering*
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Lag in the library as of writing is not unplayably bad, but it's not good either. I've noticed that lag and 'hitching' have been steadily increasing over the past year or so, but it's now become very noticeable in the new zone.
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

There are currently 8 or 9 zones of the Library open on Thurgadin and no lag at all.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.