New Game!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Malthuis, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Malthuis New Member

Lets take a shot every time they extend the official release...starting...now
  2. Gninja Developer

Have you been around for the last few releases? Most have unlocked early... *knocks on wood* :)
    Cyrrena, Faeonara, Dude and 5 others like this.
  3. Malthuis New Member

Lets hope you're a man of your word hehehe
  4. Darkedge New Member

Hah In your teeths Malthuis !
  5. Darkedge New Member

Instead starting a 12:00 - do a shot every 30 min - and I am sure by the time the server go up you wont be wasted!
  6. Malthuis New Member

Can't wait that long, so pray that I make it when it comes out.
  7. Darkedge New Member

Pace yourself !

Patience is a Virtue.

. . or go all out fully wasted now .... after you wake up server should be up !

it is one way to help patience !
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Can't wait to start grinding the same couple zones over and over for some sort of token or coin.

::cringe::
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, not so much. There are lots of ways to get tokens/coins. In Beta, a lot of mobs were dropping trash loot worth 2-9 plat, which helped.

There are lots of places to play:
    • 4 overland zones
    • 12 solo instances
    • 11 or 12 (not certain) heroic instances
    • at least 3 event heroic instances
    • ~15 raid zones
    There's a cluster of mission quest-givers in the Elemental Portal Gallery, similar to the group in Coliseum of Valor, who will have daily, weekly, solo, heroic, etc. missions for you.

You can really maximize your return on the overland zones, because of various "add-on" quests.
    • In addition to the sig line quests, the library has quite a few books you can "check out" for additional repeatable cataloging quests, so it you know you are going to a specific overland zone, you can grab the catalog quests for that zone as well to increase the rewards.
    • Dr. Arcana has also been seen wandering near the entrance of the various overland zones, and has he got a mission for you! His quests give you not just a reward crate, but also keys to mysterious treasure chests that work just like previous key quest chests have in the last few expansions. These are straightforward, having about 5 "kill x number of y mobs" steps, with a variable roster of which things it wants you to kill.
    • Within each overland zones, certain mobs drop little quest starter items: there are 8 per zone. When examined, these give you a "kill x number of y mobs" quest for a different overland zone. I let these stack up in my inventory until the next time I head to the targeted overland zone. The dropped quests give you a reward crate with one or two items.
    There's starter armor WITH adornments in the foyer of the Great Library, which you may want to nab for upgrades. You may want to nab it even if you don't need the upgrades and use your Remove Adornment ability to peel off adorns that you may need, which is a money saver.

The best, easy-to-get armor, to start with, after Tishan's Lockbox will be mastercrafted gear... even better if you can get mastercrafted from refined rares. MC gear has the most Resolve you'll see anywhere in the soloable content. There are 10 new handcrafted recipe volumes and 10 new mastercrafted recipe volumes for all crafters (excepting provisioners, who get just the one MC book).

Which leads me to the tradeskill sig line. It has some VERY nice rewards, including a 88-slot backpack with a unique appearance, tradeskill-related horse tack, a head item with four white slots and no stats (perfect for adding various Celestial Nails adorns), recipes for raid weapons with very cool appearances, and (if you have the pack pony and all its updates) a new appearance for your pack pony. Once you have the sig line done, tradeskill missions open up.

And to make life a little easier for those new to the Plane of Knowledge, here's a guide to the Great Library:
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena, doit, Deboman and 4 others like this.
  10. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Just didn't want to do all the new quests and quest line and then after that week or so is done, be told the only way to get the better gear is to mindlessly grind the exact same heroics over.....and over.....and over again like in PoP
    Meneltel likes this.
  11. Wilowsong Active Member

I want to play! :(
  12. Jaelen New Member

I wonder how much longer the servers will be locked.
    Wilowsong likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's kinda how every expansion works, though, isn't it? I didn't do any of the heroic zones, but I sure had a good time in the solo zones and overland in Beta. I am guessing that mastercrafted armor will be more than sufficient to get you into heroics quickly.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Wilowsong Active Member

Do you know when this update will be done? :)
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Until around noon Pacific time, barring unforseen problems. Maybe a little before that.
  16. Jaelen New Member

I think that she is referring to the Dev's boast about servers typically unlocking early. It is not like they have not been up but locked for a couple of hours now.
  17. Gninja Developer

I don't mean hours early, lol. We are shooting for 12 PST
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Jaelen New Member

"copies Beta server folder to Everquest 2 folder" I am good, let's go. lol
  19. Wilowsong Active Member

Sorry, forgot about the timezone...Oops!
  20. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this! I've been busy at work and for the first time, I didnt get a chance to participate in beta, so any helpful info is much appreciated.
    Mistikal68 and Faeonara like this.