Heroes' Festival 2018 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am with Vasciagio on this. It is onerous enough trying to get enough tokens just to get the items we want, but to limit these quests to a lifetime maximum is even worse. What is the reasoning behind this? I have a difficult enough time getting motivated to even do these quests due to the extremely low currency reward and the price of items on the merchants being so exorbitant...now I won't be able to do these quests even when I want to, without using alts. Then I will also be limited by the number of alts I have, unless I start creating characters just to be deleted so I can keep doing these quests. The price of the items and low token reward already has me discouraged, but this new limitation really makes me feel like I don't even want to participate in the event. :/
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Zyxia Active Member

KAITHEEL YOU ARE THE BEST :))))
    After four years, finally I can do those quests :))))
    Thank you so very very much :))))
    me does a happy dance :)
  3. Zyxia Active Member

I also agree about the tokens. Why the limit?
    And yes the items are overpriced considering that we are only allowed to do 30 repeatables.
    Really, the only way to get enough items for a house is sharing tokens with alts.
    It would be nice if we could exchange the Mischievous tokens for house items.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Elyria Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm nowhere near maxing out on those repeatable quests, but as a holiday/decorating enthusiast I know that day is coming... So would really like to know why the limit isn't Per Event rather than Per Eternity:rolleyes:
    I've only been playing for a lil over a year, but I don't remember any other holidays with such an odd restriction on "repeatables". I can't see what logic is behind that. o_O
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any other events, holidays, or festivals with the lifetime maximum. Even with the increase in lifetime max that our wonderful Kaitheel pushed through, I will probably hit that max this year unless I stop doing the quests now and I don't have enough tokens to buy anything.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

No need to try to convince me further. I can't make any more changes to this content for this year, but I'll add your feedback to the list to examine for next year.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Unable to zone into Sinking Sands, boots to Char select and unable to get back in game on that toon, reports are Darklight woods is doing the same thing., Qeynos Capital district is the same.
    Need these zones fixed please...there may be others but I don't want to run out of toons checking them out.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It would appear that the problem has been taken care of.
    Was probably noted on Discord
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Minor issue this year. I managed to get a Grapes of Wrathbeast for my new fae character who is in her 60's and using the 12th anniversary mount. I remember people saying the graphics were odd on the 12th anniversary mount, though that problem may have been fixed. My fae claimed the wrathbeast on Skyfire.

The Grapes of Wrathbeast can't be equipped at all until level 100, but the harsh part of that is, that it can't be used as an appearance for the 12th Anniversary mount either.

I don't have another flying mount for her to try, and all my other characters that have one of those are level 100+ so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the 12th Anniv or the Wrathbeast.

It could be just that it's overlooked as an appearance because you can create a heroic character level 100 now. But I'm having too good a time in Tenebrous Tangle to use my bauble right now.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The 12th anniversary mount is the problem. :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Kaitheel, it's way too late for it now, but I just had a major brainstorm (being able to assuage my Internet Withdrawals [thank you so much, AT&T... :mad:), but I do think a lot of this Token rage (and I completely agree; if it's that repeatable, why not just make it limited per year, rather than forever?) could be solved, and new stuff added without pain, by one simple solution of two words, which I've looked for ever since I started participating in it (which may have been 2006, for all I remember):

RECIPE. BOOKS.

I'm not sure what sort of special material we might need for it (please, don't limit it to the giant stuffed animal hunts, please; not all of us do that, though I know it'd be a lovely way for the folks who have such Tokens to be able to use them in purchasing items); perhaps the Tokens, but if everything (or at least a lot of it) is craftable and only took one Token, and the Token rewards were increased...

Maybe special purple glowies? :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

First off, I would like to say, thank you for adding Tokens of Heroism to the PQ's for the puppets. This is helpful in building up currency to make purchases from the merchant. It still isn't in line with the other holidays though.

The tokens in the PQ's are very random as to when you receive them, but items on the merchant are still as expensive as they are for other holiday events where you can obtain plenty of currency due to pony harvests and often quest repeatables, for the currencies. Still going to be onerous to obtain the items one wants for decorating, but I do most certainly appreciate the addition of the tokens to the PQ's, even if they are random. Thank you for the start on fixing this issue.