Huge Lag on skyfire server

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Majestic, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Majestic Member

Ever since the Test servers went live for whatever reason there is a huge lag on skyfire server which has been confirmed by many many players. Please fix the issue.

The lag is so bad that chars freeze for up to 10 or 15sec and movement is full of pauses. is like we are back to 56k modem days. And no my settings has not changed, and I have high speed internet. and my drivers are optimal and updated and so on...

as I said, not just me,, everyone I talk to is confirming there has been huge lag all over Skyfire server... Thanking you for your help in advance.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am experiencing the same on Antonio Bayle as well as Skyfire. I too have a good computer and good internet service.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! You're not alone, Majestic (and Lateana), except I'd suggest calling them Beta servers, since Public Test has been around since probably the game started in 2004, and folks might get confused. ;->

With my situation, it's definitely packet loss (the li'l red number in the F11 graph on how your connections are doing); I'll often be minding my own business, or have the temerity to like, move or try to zone, when boom, the li'l red number goes from 0 (where it should always be) into dozens of lost packets. If I'm lucky, it might go back down again before I get booted to Character Select. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Cheallaigh and Lateana like this.