a returning players report card

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Player2, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Player2 Member

really DBG, after stocking up on raws and earning faction to get the only recipe book that would give enough xp to level, i ding 101 and NOW have access to my regular class recipes from the city trainer...
    but the level 100 writ disappears, replaced by a level 110 writ that uses different raws that i don't have.

and every crafting alt has to do the same when we should have had access to level 11 essentials from the get.
    speak as a dragon, tov, aom, tot, ka, epics, & deep forge faction just to level past 100.
    that's one hell of a gate for returning players. i'm surprised nobodies showed up at DBG HQ and gone google.
    EQ2 is more than just a game for people that have spent serious time and treasure on personas

forcing everyone through gates is the antithesis of open world.

ps. for the most part the game seems solid, even with the repeated trips between maldura and elanluelle, but i have to agree with the complaints about the marketplace rng lotto for mercenary PIXELS
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Doing writs from 100-110 is the worst way to level. Do the PoP signature crafting line and you'll be 110 in no time.
    Finora, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Player2 Member

probably is, but i was just trying to get a couple levels to make some experts for my 'main', but afik you still have to run the gauntlet to start the PoP sig ?
    I'm pretty exhausted from running 9 crafters through epic 1 and 3 through epic 2 to get the deepforge recipe book that allowed my sage to hit 101 only to find out the writ disappeared as soon as i leveled and i had bags full of the wrong raws and a ticking xp potion.

the PoP sig looked like another pita that i wanted to avoid, lol.
    and sometimes writs are the mind numbing medicine i need
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You always have to have new materials for a new tier. 101 is the start of the new tier, you need the new tier's harvestables. This is nothing new, you've been doing it since you started crafting.

In Planes of Prophecy, the fastest way to level anything is quests. You can level your tradeskill to 110 before you have time to complete the whole tradeskill sig line.

Since you don't like surprises, here is what you need for the whole PoP TS sig line:

Common Materials
    • 50 deadly mushroom
    • 200 etherium
    • 100 gnarled entwood
    • 250 golden ember
    • 50 nightmare cichlid
    • 150 plumewit hide
    • 50 rock fern
    • 150 storm stalk
    Rare Materials
    • 2 darkstone
    • 2 rubicite ore
    • 3 strand of ether
    Fuel
    • 50 Celestial Candle
    • 625 Celestial Coal
    • 25 Celestial Filament
    • 50 Celestial Incense
    • 50 Celestial Kindling
  5. Player2 Member

the complaint about the new raws was because I lost the level 100 writ that used the raws i was stocked with. I've never seen a writ removed before.

on the leveling, holy $#!+, i just turned in part one of the Sig and dinged FOUR levels... wish i'd had a clue about that /boggle

but thank you very much, I'm just burnt on quests doing both adventure and tradeskill trying to catch up on 5 expansions and the gating and writ removal didn't taste good

ps. oh, wait, that was only the first step of Part 1 !
    and 50 counters to make the Electric Manaetic Device, lol.
    Go Ahead DBG, make them Lethal, I dare you, muahahaha
  6. Player2 Member

pss. well that was nutz. 5 more levels and dinged 110 for finishing part 1.
    a fairly complicated quest, but about 1/10th the work (if that) to open the gate to it.
    thank you for the help
    Meneltel, Breanna, Speed and 2 others like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

By the way, even if you still had that Writ, it would not have helped you. The amount of XP required for each level from 101-110 is orders of magnitude higher than the last tier. The quest line really is the way to go.
  8. Cord New Member

I would only add that I did have to sneak into someone guild hall after dark to get some recipes books.
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Player2 Member

ok, now well I'm kicking myself. the writeups are outdated from before the PoP tradeskill quests were added.
    they were talking about having to get faction with the malduran forgemasters to buy your book because none of the other quests or writs would give enough exp to even move the needle after 100... everyone had to grind writs from the Forgemaster recipe book, but i just found out you can go straight to Druzzil Ro in PoP after dinging 100, and start 'A stitch in Time' series. Ouch, Ouch, Ouch