Returning and have some questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Praaji, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Praaji Member

Hello.
    I haven't played in years but bought all the expansions to support the game and have a sub. Do I need to get my 2.0 wep, ascension, familiars and lvl them all up to be ready to play CD?
    Are there catch up mechanics to make any of this quicker?

If not this seems like a lot of time to get ready. In the beta I was given my ascension and some potions to help lvl it and familiars. Is this the way it will be live?

Is my wiz viable and how much have they changed the class?

Anything else I should know to get ready?

Thank you for reading.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

After the new expac releases it's supposed to be better, check beta for updates.

We will see if they reduced the months of real world time you need to grind to be ready.

Also you will have to level your ascensions from journeyman up, and that will take a lot of time or cash.

Check out the panda quests in the Sundered Frontier to get some baseline stuff done. If you didn't bring a group of 6 with you to the game, you have a long incline ahead of you.

Good luck.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Find a good guild that has the same goals as you and you can both help each other to reach those goals. The game is so much more fun with friends than soloing. Let us know what server you start on and im sure someone will offer to at least give you some starting money and some bags.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They have stated that the 2.0 Weapon will be replaced in CD. I don't know if you will need your Epic 2.0. I would focus on getting all four Ascensions to level 15, work on leveling the spells in your chosen Ascension (the one you'll be using primarily), then if you have time get the non-raid version of the Epic 2.0 in case you need it later.

Youi will need adventure vitality, and they do sell potions for that on the broker. They also sell Potions of Hastened Learning (I think) that boost the rate of XP gain... I have scads of them from years of veteran /claim rewards, YMMV.

Ascension requires that you have something called "Guided Ascension". I think of it as being like vitality for Ascensions. As you go through the KA and PoP quest lines, you will get scrolls of Guided Ascension that replenish it. Doing KA weekly missions gets you moire scrolls. If you have a toon that has been through these questlines before your wizard, then they can purchase Tears of Ro from the vendor in Nye' Caelonia to give you a Guided Ascension refill. Doing PoP sig line and factions, you get scrolls that just boost your current Ascension one whole level.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Praaji Member

Thank you all for your kind and helpful advice. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do. I am on AB and haven't played in many many yrs but I think I can get by for now with the bags and stuff I have now and with /claim but thank you for the offers.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a casual guild, my guild on AB is casual. We encourage roleplay but don't demand it. You can log on when you want, we don't judge. We just ask you try to get along with other members and don't cause problems in game for others, as well as accept we are considered an 'evil' guild. If you wish to know more, let me know.
    Cyrrena, Praaji and Dude like this.
  7. Praaji Member

Thank you. After I get things figured out where I know what I'm doing I will get back to you.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Meneltel you are being so nice *giggles*

No really, Meneltel is nice but do not spread that around as you would not want to damage her reputation, I tend to call her the Queen of Mean. But the guild she is in is helpful to all whether they are in that guild or not. The can and will help you to figure out what you are doing and will offer tips and advice should you need/want it. Dude can chime in here as he joined them about 6-8 weeks ago and I am not in that guild but we really enjoy having Dude around.

If you need anything, you can send me a tell or in game mail as well and I will do what I can to help. Welcome back to EQ2 and to AB, hopefully you will stay and play with us. Enjoy the journey!
    Praaji and Breanna like this.
  9. Praaji Member

Thank you!
    Thank you!
  10. Naneel Member

When you purchase CD, there is also a level boost to 110 provided that can be applied to one character.
    Praaji likes this.
  11. Gharyn Well-Known Member

When you start the new expansion, you will get a box of gear that will replace everything you are wearing. This will be good enough to start doing quests in the new zones. Quest rewards will be improvements on that and when you finish the signature quest line you will get a weapon that will be better than the epic 2.0 and you will also be able to buy the 2 spells that come with the epic 2.0 from a merchant.

But before you start on the quests in the new zones you should do the panda quest line in Sundered Frontier. It's very easy if you follow the waypoints on EQ2 Wikia and it will give you some necessary boosts:
    1.put one ascension to level 5
    2.put one ascension to level10
    3.put one ascension to level15
    4.raise all diety points to 85
    5.some adornments that will be useful for a while yet
    6.raise your familiar a level

So, other than the panda quests, which you can do now if you have a level 110 character, when the expansion starts you should be able to jump right in without doing any prerequisite work.
  12. Praaji Member

Thank you for taking the time to give this helpful information. I will do the panda quests and try to find a trainer to get my ascension spells. EQ2 Wikia should help there.
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

When you use the ascension baubles they will give you all the spells up to the level you chose. You just need the trainers for when you have enough ascension exp built up to get a new level. (And to get daily scrolls if you bother with them)
    Praaji likes this.
  14. Naneel Member

I completely agree with this as long as you aren't a tank. FABLED armor (solo Guk or heroic) is much higher mit than even the solo quest rewards so it's a bit of a mixed bag there. Also, the epic 2.0 is lower damage rating than the sig quest reward but the actual damage is higher on the epic 2.0 because it's fabled instead of legendary. So, the auto attack damage is generally higher on the epic 2.0. That being said, if you don't already have the epic 2.0, it's not worth the trouble to go through that hell compared to the new sig quest.
  15. Praaji Member

I don't have it. Thanks for the info, I won't bother with it.