Replicating prison bars.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Redlight, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

Hi all is there any building blocks/items that replicate prisn bars than can be used to create dank holding area? I have searched EQ2 furniture but maybe I am missing a key word, last question I promise ☺
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Karamella Well-Known Member

Railings might work. One of the NotD recipe books contain the Rusty Prison Door. Maybe if you put several together.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Its ok to ask questions.

\aITEM 183852465 -1783980642:feyiron fence\/a

\aITEM -1915753275 1873911932:Kromzek Fence Link\/a

\aITEM 980168387 -376004621:pristine indium cage bars\/a

a few things that look like prison bars
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok it wouldnt let me edit it right but where the littel emote face is : P but no spaces
  5. Redlight Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestions i will check them out when i get home from work.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, here's a picture of the Pristine Indium Cage Bars (hope the image comes through!):
    [IMG]

I got this from the inestimably awesome site, www.EQ2Furniture.com. The only issue I have with it is that the Search line there is like the one from the Search line in your in-game Character Sheet, rather than the one for the Broker or your crafting recipes list (in that you have to know at least part of the name exactly), but it's still a really cool site for all things house item. :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Here's some more:

Rusted Prison Door
    [IMG]
    (and yep, it does work! :D)

Feyiron Fence:
    [IMG]
    (I think it's "walk-through" in that it's not "solid" [no collision detection], but don't quote me on that)

And the Kromzek Fence Link:
    [IMG]

Basically, when you get to EQ2 Furniture, look in the Categories tab under things like "Doors" or "Fences" and that should help spur your creativity. :)

Really, the site's amazing. :D

Uwk
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

There is a dungeon door that looks like prison bars but it is a marketplace item \aITEM 2102806189 122919169:Dark Dungeon Door\/a which is 100 dbc each.

Other items that might pass...
    \aITEM 436404130 -2090404447:Rectangular Floor Grate\/a
    \aITEM -1561849702 -493246565:Large Floor Grating\/a

Something I have used for prison bars is actually a weapon but you have to be able to hide parts of it and huge pain to buy enough of them...
    \aITEM 1823435320 -1020958997:The Legendary Staff of the Observers\/a

This item as well might work if you can hide (I just like silver instead of this color)...
    \aITEM 970153051 -863886022:a tunarian eagle staff\/a
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've used the Dark Dungeon Door myself for a fence door (cheap enough, even from the Marketplace), mainly to tell the viewer "Come in this way, please." I think I did use it with the Feyiron Fence pieces, which are non-solid; ironically, the Door is not. ;->

Uwk
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

Thanks guys i managed to buy some Idium bars and make some doors, I stashed them away while i finish the area i am working on but easily distacted when an idea pops up.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have seen people use the railing pieces from City of Mist building blocks as well.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh good heavens, you sound like me...between idea distractions and my OCD, it's a wonder I get anything finished. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sounds like they need to join the meetings eh Uwk and Breanna? We have doughnuts and cookies.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL yes come join there is doughnuts and coffee for everyone. We have a great time :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Redlight Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the help I used both the doors and bars when I built the entry to my Dungeon/cavern if Iknew how to post a screen shot I would but take my word it came out really well, Gnoma
    Katz, Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh; when in doubt, do a Search on this particular forum for "posting screenshots" (without the quotes, of course). ;->

Barring that:

1. Take your screenshot, however you want to do so. I still have a lovely PrintScrn button on my keyboard, then I open up MS Paint and Paste it into there to pretty it up.

2. Find a third-party art/photos/image hosting site of some sort. I personally use DeviantArt ... mainly because they're free, and don't have any qualms about me posting my "own" stuff anywhere else.

3. Follow whatever procedure you need to do for your chosen third-party host to get your screenshot published. I strongly recommend you put some sort of notice with it, to the effect of: "This is an image from Everquest 2, owned by Daybreak Games. All rights reserved." just in case. ;->

4. Since I'm on DA, what I do after I've made sure it's published there is right-click on the image. This brings up a drop-down menu, whose choices include View Image. I click on that.

5. What I'll get is a separate black page, containing my image and its URL in the blank line above. The URL, for those who don't know, is the "address" of whatever page you're on; in my example, my image. (For this page right now, it would be that long mess up above:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/replicating-prison-bars.586970/#post-6525980

but don't click on it; it'll just send you back here. ;->)

6. I would then highlight my image's URL and Copy it; I like a simple Ctrl+C.

7. I'd come back here, to an open post or open a new one, and type whatever until I get to the point where I'd want to insert the screenshot.

8. In any open post you're working on, there's a bunch of various buttons and icons you can click on to do various things. There's one that looks like a little tree in a landscape; that's the "Insert/edit image icon." I'd click on it.

9. This brings up the Insert Image command line box. I'd Paste my image's URL into that blank line and hit the Insert button.

10. Voila! Inserted screenshot. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Redlight Well-Known Member

I get lost after cut and paste! but appreciate it Uwkete, some Gnomes are to old to learn new tricks :(
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No such thing. :D Hence, the different posts on the subject; I don't claim to be the best at explaining it, and your third-party results may definitely vary. :)

Uwk