Is the launcher down?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lateana, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Corisu Member

Had to try to get a fresh install started this evening.

In the U.S. and can't download game either. Looks to be same error, although randomly it will say file is corrupt (literally nothing has downloaded though mind you) and that an update may be in progress. It says to try again in 20-30 minutes (which it's been saying for some time now).

I guess at least I get the launcher to stay open if I choose run as admin, otherwise it just kinda flickers by and auto closes...
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It does appear to be random. I just got back in, but with the random crashes to desktop while zoning issue, who knows.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The issue has been identified and the team is working on a fix. No ETA to give yet, though!
  4. Ajos Member

almost 24 hrs now an no fix or estimated time for fix. I am us server side so this isn't eu only issue.
  5. Krupnik Member

Launcher is working fine for me now, thanks to all those who fixed it :)
    I hope everyone else is able to log onto the EU servers troublefree ...
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sina New Member

Lucky you, it's still the same old launcher error for me.. :( did you do anything special or it just worked normally for you without any workarounds?
  7. Krupnik Member

Sorry to hear that Sina ... I did nothing special at all! I play on both the US and EU servers, and suddenly yesterday found myself stranded on the US server only, with no ability to return to Thurgadin on the EU server. I tried several times this morning, with no luck, and then tried again about 60 minutes ago, and was able to log on to my toons on the EU server. I suppose the big test will be when I try to log on to the US server again ...
  8. Krupnik Member

Well it looks like I'm back to square one. Now I'm stranded completely, and unable to access either the EU or the US servers!
    This is just getting ridiculous! SOE, why did you abandon us?
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why hast thou forsaken us...well, I dunno about that, but here's what I got tonight (can get into the UK just dandy, but not the US [my home base], apparently):

[redacted]

I'd do a /petition, but they're probably still swamped about it. ;->

Uwk
    off to try the workaround(s)... :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its supposedly been fixed for most of the week so I would still petition it. I know you don't use Discord, I will poke about it and see what happens. And please scribble out your account name.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ack! Good point... :-/

EDIT: Er, how do I retroactively do that? If it were on Norrathian Homeshow, I could Edit it and get an adjusted screenshot picture there, or remove the image altogether. Should I Report it? :-/

Uwk
    who also has yet another posting of this, in another thread... X-P

Ah, no, wait, I take that back; the other post just has a link to this one.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Does directly using the EQ2.exe blue icon in the Daybreak/EQ2 folder help anyone to bypass the launcher? Just make sure your client is updated first.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, that might've been part of the issue with the not getting credit for having done the city Haunted Houses "yet." Hopefully, by the time I log in again after breakfast, it will have cleared up. ;->

And if nothing else, it's Monday morning, so the devs and techs will be in soon... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks, devs! :)

Uwk
    who's since learned better... :oops:
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the nudge! Apparently, the devs pounced on it. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Its broken again. I can't log on after today's update :(