Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://eq2.patch.daybreakgam

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Darkiz, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Darkiz New Member

pls fix....
  2. Darkiz New Member

3. coffeeislife New Member

same here, can't download the game. tried us version, eu version, vpn, deleting cache, admin, disabling firewall. everything. how is this even possible? you simply cannot even download the game...
  4. Galthier New Member

A friend asked me to join an American guild, but the game just deleted a chunk of files when I chose the US version.
    It then refused to download.
    I've tried to fresh download EQ2 but at the moment it just refuses and says the host is not available.
  5. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're having some launchpad issues at the moment, particularly with EU servers, and I believe this may be related. We're working to resolve the problems now!
    Gizlo, Karamella and coffeeislife like this.
  6. Sardoukar New Member

I have same problem, pls fix it
  7. obauss New Member

any estimate on when this will be fixed. us server
  8. coffeeislife New Member

any estimate at all would be good. by all accounts, this has been all day. you can at least give us the bare minimum as an update.
  9. TravisT1234 New Member

It only took 3 hours to find this post. I'm trying to install the game again and getting this Error. What a time to come back...
  10. coffeeislife New Member

Yeah, I was about to sub again for some live eq 1 and 2. No point now. Uninstalling.
  11. TravisT1234 New Member

Lucky me I can Install EQ1 but just not EQ2. Guess I'll play that one a bit when its done.
  12. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

So, because they are having an issue, you'll just go away? Funny, ALL games have issues at one time or other.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. coffeeislife New Member

It's more the way they deal with the issue. I don't want to pay money to play on a server run by a company that doesn't update its users during issues. There was no visibility on this, but earliest reports were at 1am my time... I posted my first notice of the issue around 8pm or so at night here. It's still not fixed. This is basic stuff. I don't mind issues, but there's no communication from them. The support ticket I opened just asked for my system details, then hours later asked if I was still having issues. That's laughable, given that this forum thread exists and no post was made to say the issue is fixed (and no, it's still not fixed). I play eq on servers run by 1-2 people and are more populated during certain times, and they're more professionally run than this. I'll play eq2 when i can eventually download it again, but it'll probably be a good while after this fiasco.
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

No ETA, but the problem has been identified and a fix is being worked on.
    Kuulei likes this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

Wow dang needy much there is at least 3 threads going on this and Roxxlyy has been updating on each one. So there have been a lot of updates, maybe you should lay off the coffee.
    Leeroy likes this.
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Interesting... I am getting this error on US English, but not on Beta (two separate installations).
  17. Gothicangel New Member

18. Vaenivo New Member

Same issue on the US server option. Last night I decided to reinstall EQ2 and check out the TLE since I've been enjoying the EQ Coirnav server experience. Initially it let me download the requisite assets for playing, jumped in and it continued streaming the download in the background. Things looked promising, but then started to receive some sort of texture error which prompted me to try to just download the whole game first. That's when I started seeing this same error on the launcher. Please fix soon. I'm so excited to play EQ2 again after like 12 years :D
  19. Gatlor New Member

Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable – No data
  20. Pvpmedicx New Member

Is there any status update for the patcher issue or at the least a temp workaround so we can at least log in and play?