TLE: Status of Plate Tanks w/ Epic weapons

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Freak, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Freak New Member

I’m a returning player excited to play plate fighter class. I’m guessing that with Sentinels fate around the corner more and more tanks will have their epic weapon buffs. Factoring tanks with their epic repercussions completed, please help with any info on the following questions.

1. Which plate tank is most preferred to MT raids? And which one(s) for OT?
    2. Which plate tank is most ideal for group dungeon crawls?
    3. Which plate tank offers the most to a raid when not tanking?
    4. Are any fighters significantly overpowered or underpowered for raids?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you really want to raid, be anything but a tank... no raid needs more than a couple, but they need scads of chanters, bards, healers, and DPS. If you love tanking and want to really fight for a spot, then raid tanking is for you.

Any tank class can tank for a group. Any plate tank who really knows how to play their class and is decently geared can tank a raid. For my money, I'd go with one of the crusaders.

However, I don't have a tank on TLE yet, so wait to hear more from Fallen Gate tanks. I would suggest asking in general chat what guilds are top on the server, then go to EQ2U and look them up and see what their tanks look like.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

So to actually answers your question and not spew around what ever random thing I want to share with the internet world today here are the answers.

1) Up until TSO people prefered a guardian MT and a monk OT for the avoidance buff. Now that you have shadow AA's unlocked, all plate healers are viable MTs, but guardian still has a tiny edge because of his temps.

2) Shadowknight.

3) SK or Zerker

4) They do decent damage but are native tanks, so their DPS is where its supposed to be, amongst bards and chanters. SK can be played as a mage and out DPS most other fighters.
    Tekka likes this.
  4. Davito Active Member

Guardian is the best for MT, and anything can really OT, but Zerker or either crusader is fine.

Crusader or Zerker for dungeons

Sk for not actually tanking - for buffs and DPS and just being there in case a tank is needed. Or Zerker I guess

Guardians are the supreme MT and Zerkers aren't far behind. Then crusaders, then brawlers.
  5. Kiramon2 New Member

Guardians don’t exist in TLE.

Lol

People don’t like their slow solo speed...

Anyways

Order of popularity:
    SK
    PLD
    ZERK
    MNK
    GUARDIAN
    BRUISER

SK is by far the most rampant - don’t be one If you wanna be different.

I’d go zerk personally- you can tank and still plvl and will be the best soon
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

With how high our tanks are pushing avoidance report wise right now, the avoidance buff is kinda irrelevant, zerker provides 5% raid wide reuse and dps mod.

We run two warriors and a SK.

Any other setup is just making it harder than it needs to be frankly.

If I had to pick a forth tank however, bruiser would be my choice because of soak hit/intercept cheese, higher avoidance buff, and higher innate avoidance than monk.