Tle coercer

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kiramon2, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Kiramon2 New Member

Hello, I just hit level 80 on my coercer on TLE and i am looking for some advice.

Basically, I built my spec from a combination of the top guild coercers plus my own spin based on my experience— my groups tend to see the most issues with tanks and healers, so I have some of those AAs to help them specifically since they are the weak spot in a lot of cases - the disparity between tanks and healers is pretty huge- skill wise. I can’t really live without thought snap lol (really it’s saved me so many times it is my favorite lol)- so I wont link spec cuz it’s what I want right now before I can use a more standardized build.

But my question is spell rotation oriented.

Specifically for AoE packs - should I be using simple minds, ego shock, and shock wave on aoe packs? Simple minds being the big question. Obviously I keep the proc Debuffs up and destructive mind. But is
    Simple mind worth casting during aoe or should I stick to dots//single target after a first cast?

Also should I be using silence as a regular dps spell? Same thing with the Mental eye stun thing?
    Obviously asylum and hemorrhage in there...

Now for simple minds mind you it got a massive jump at 80 for its damage compared to pre 80- as it was doing 300 tick and now does 1000 but I don’t know how to see the dps each spell is doing (does a parser show a break down?)

And for pets - possess essence is usually my go to just cuz I don’t like worrying about mez pets- is that okay? I know it’s dps sucks but yah.
  2. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

At level 80 the fun part is still not gone. Mez pets are way more awesome. Find a heroic mez pet, foist it on an unsuspecting normal mob and you've got a cannon. Someday that will turn into posess essence with a pet buff, but I'm not sure if you get that buff yet.

Start looking NOW for a max level posess essence master (I've been away so, sorry if there is a new one and I didn't know), it's like level 65 or something. Don't try to find it later. It will take you a while to get one. Do NOT use it until it's grandmastered. Grind for one if you can't get one but use another character, it seems to drop better for other classes. I think it was my fighter that got the drop. I used a lot of classes. The drop system seems perverse that way.

But you don't need PE right now. The coercer is still fun. I used to go find a void beast and drag it with me.

Most enchanters I've known have used the melee DPS buffs and learned to joust. It really helps.

I use the mimic spell a lot, but you must be SURE you have a target you want, like the best mage or scout in the group before using, or it's kinda wasted.

Write out the buffs each skill gives you, some of them buff one another, or stack. Spend a lot of time reading skills and writing out possible combinations. Ask any Swashy to debuff for you, and you'll be awesomer than you already are. Swashy's are the opposite of Bards, they debuff, but many of them don't bother unless asked, and even then, they may be like "huh?" A really experienced one can help you a lot.

Hope that helps!
  3. Kiramon2 New Member

Hi :)

I have GM PE already ! :)

I don't have mimic - the last spell we got was Puppetmaster (lol).
  4. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Temporal Mimicry, Coercer Prestige tree, next to Unda Spiritus.. It won't matter until level 90+ when you start gaining prestige points.

Heroic tree, Enchanted Vigor might be available to you already.

Great job GMing PE!
  5. Kiramon2 New Member

oh yeah lol we don't have that yet on TLE :)

Nope no heroic either - just AA, Troub, Shadow
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  6. Kiramon2 New Member

what about Simple Minds? Worth?
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Missed that about the TLE in the OP. Maybe someone who plays there will speak up.
  8. Kiramon2 New Member

Is the Shadow AA that adds multi strike to Velocity worth anything or better off putting the 5 points into like
    Brain shock or some other dps increase
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure on this one. If it was me, I'd probably do it both ways and use a dummy with ACT, to see if there was any meaningful difference.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Haven't played my coercer since EoF so I don't really remember all the names of the spells. But your heavy stuff is ur temp procs, always put destructive mind on urself, always use spell curse and hostage as soon as they are up and put AA and focus points into them. They are beastly. Obviously start by debuffing arcane as much as you can, u can have 3 heavy debuffs for this asfaik. As for simple minds, it really depends on the size of the encounter and the duration of it. Look at the spell and then look at other spells and u can estimate how many targets it need to hit for it to be worth it. Also remember that any spell that hit multiple targets are good spells to proc various procs.

Charmed caster pets are way stronger then possess essence yeah, but possess essence can be named to add to ur own dps so the choice is yours :p

Don't go messing around in melee BTW, wands are strong and don't require you to paus spellcasts. I did spec the melee skill that debuff arcane tho. Used it occasionally
  11. Gregore Active Member

Charm caster mobs and sic them on the other mobs. Simple minds is ok for mobs that are encounter based. It sucks for a bunch of single mobs that aren't linked together in an encounter.