SF Wish List

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Hi all, lets form a cohesive list of things that need to be changed for SF on the server.
    1. Fix AA's like the Troub Focus for crit bonus on jester's cap, moving the prestige endline of brawler's BACK to the shadows tree.
    2. Double the loot on everything. Obviously trying to shove a years worth of loot worth of loot into 12 weeks, (6 once we have to start running UFD for who knows how long to beat it and work on progression) is a issue. Munzok/Miragul dropping ONE charm, ONE cloak/gozak hat is fairly dissapointing, considering A. We can only run it TOPS twice a week, and also the fact that we may get loot that is frankly, not good (i.e summoner/ranger charms, mage hat that is useless etc.)
    3. Fix itemization, in it's current state the raid gear is hardly an upgrade, and has less blue stats than a lot of the TSO raid gear. I do enjoy however that Ability reuse is abundant, it should be.
    4. Class balance, summoner's are useless, rogue's still aren't parsing where they should be.
    5. Respond to these threads on the official forums.
    6. Easy mode mobs should be easy, it's kind of hard for anyone to kill a lot of mobs, we are 6+ weeks into TSO and i'm doubtful anyone will clear the zones. The non Hard-mode (maalus, twins, theer, xilaxis, sages, perah celsis) should be clearable by most guilds. Leave the hard mode mobs to things to work on. Same with UFD, make everything until HM Construct and HM Vaclaz clearable by most and leave wing 3 for guilds to work on.
    The icy keep can be whatever, unless the loot is seriously revamped, much like back in original SF with it's conservative loot table, no one will bother dealing with the mischievous scripts and time required to invest versus rewards.

A big concern for people at the moment is the time table of SF and the new live expansion lining up, and the priority being focused on the live expansion, will the expansion actually be tweaked at all before going live? Or be fixed once it's live and we have been killing things for weeks.
    Kalika and bringbackpvppls like this.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Also noted that no developers response to the myriad of questions in discord.

With the exception of /claim pay to win fixes, and a response about guild halls not being added, which were in game at this point and aren't being added.

Last response was on the 8th of october, prior the that the 20th of september. Before that.... ?

Kinda disheartening considering how devs are active in every other section daily~
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

1) Despite lacking dps I don t have much problem getting groups with my necro (she is not my main) but very obiously she would not get any chance to raid in a guild to somewhat optimize its roaster. Considering hear ability to throw back up heal and to throw a very decetn rezz it is not that bad. But well against a well geared scout/wizz-lock she cannot do anything, specially for AOE fights, however on ST if she can get a full lifeburn with buffed hps (necro stone self buff, bolster) she can throw serious damage. Conjurers are in a worst situation since their utility seems lower (the group heal that stuns the pet is way too weak). Our conjurer is probably the most geared on Fallen Gate and throw nice dps, but it is still at 50% less than what a similarly geared wizzzlock would do. I Don' t foresee the situation getting better since pet lifeburn (soulburn) will on;y come with DoV, and higher reuse will favor Wizzlock even more.

3) The bastion raid rewards are just wrong,we got a single piece of jewelry on the 3 first named, instead we coud had run 4 single group woe getting enormous amount of lootT. The risk versus reward is not there, we may be able to kill anastasi (if the correct classes sign up) but the loot is not much better than the one from WOE which can be 1 grouped in less than 40mn.

4)
    We had quite some issues in Palace of the ancient one penultimate mob due to lack of AOE dps (loc,s wizzie and predators .

5)On some encounters the spikde damage on the tank is so big that it seems that you must have a channeler or two.Something is terribly wrong if your channeler does 13K, the shaman 5 and the templar 5.
    -- note that 12K is the average but the HPS at the start is way higher and can be around 20k).
  4. Davito Active Member

None of what you said matched up with the points you quoted - nor are they relevant to this thread since this thread is about SF and not TSO. But Ill try to address what you posted anyways.

1. Momentum has a conj, so that would be the #1 geared conj on server. We have had a necro too. Both summoners are trash vs equally geared and skilled sorcs or preds.

3. The entire point of this thread is for SF, not TSO. TSO stuff won't be changed, so not point in fleshing that out here. But also there are best in slot items from Munzok bastion and Miraguls that will still be used next expansion. You're WoE jewelry/gear will not be.

4. The entire fight for pentclypse and Ultaclypse is intended so that you DONT kill the 4 adds until after the named is dead. That's the entire strat for that fight. So your aoe DPS doesn't matter here.

5. If your healers are healing that much, then your tank isn't pressing his temps properly, or is wearing really bad gear for the content you are trying to do.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

There are fights that very high HPS parses will be seen, but the breakdown you provided indicates a couple of issues your raid team should address.

1) The shaman heals will come in first, if the shaman is capping at 5, you've got an issue that needs to be addressed with this player, you should see this at at least 8k in a igh damage fight.

2) Few fights have this high incoming damage. Your tank likely needs to rotate temps better and/or re-evaluate their gear. For example, are they wearing the final Ill Will earing from SoH? This is virtually a must have for tanks with the amount of the mit increase. You also didn't mention the class of your MT, that could also be causing a larger challenge than should be required. Also, your tanks should be running both sets of shard jewelry to get the +20 Applied Heals effect. (They shouldn't be running the WoE jewelry)

I know these responses can come off as 'elitist', but in all honesty, I know Davito and I genuinely would like to see more guilds on FG killing more stuff, and I (and I assume Davito) would be more than happy to provide advice to enable folks to accomplish more.

Lastly, you are correct that depending on what you've been killing so far in TSO, you may be get more immediate reward doing WoE and even SoH to a degree before pushing harder into the x4 zones. But there is loot in the x4 zones that will be relevant into SF where WoE gear will not.
  6. Davito Active Member

Absolutely. I would love to see more people killing mobs this xpack. I am always willing to help people out with strats, general raid advice, or personal class advice.

Over the last couple of months I've been reaching out to the guilds who seem to struggle a bit and lending any help I can. Most of the people I have helped are in guilds of people who stream raids, since I can visibly see what they are lacking/doing wrong to defeat encounters.

Feel free to hit me up in game with any questions. I'm usually online with Origins or Intensive most evenings.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Considering how soulrot for 15 seconds is equivalent to my hailstorm ticking, there is a serious problem with necros at the moment. Not to mention how all of the other wizard abilities hit much harder, I can tell you for a fact sometimes I can outparse our conj on every encounter by pressing 5-6 buttons in a one button macro.

That's not even him being bad, or not understanding the class, his crystal blast hits for a 1/3rd of my ball of fire, his fiery annihilation hits for less than my immolation, theurgist with its long recast(1 1/2 mins?) hits for less than firestorm, which is on a 7 second recast.
    Spells just simply don't hit hard enough.

Why run a summoner when his pet can't even be up on charm mobs due to the bugs associated with it? I can also run a wizard and get ice lash, more damage, the ability to offtank literally anything in game, and cooler animations on spells.

Penta/ulta you're not supposed to kill the adds.

And on penta/ulta in our one group my mystic alt was pushing 8-10k HPS, and can push that high on a lot of fights. Wards are eaten before channelers can do anything, which is why on a lot of content, our channeler is quickly moving to the bottom of the heal parse.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advices .... some answers :
    - It seems that we all agree about the fact that summoners do not parse, and i have to add they don't even solo well either since pet is too squishy. The problem has been there since i returned (so at least since April).

- Due to people stopping to play we had people switching mains, but our tanks all tried to get the SH goodies and we also tried to get the healer items which proc mit increase (and stack) for G1 healers; we run SOH when we don t get a full roaster but the items we need may not always drop. I m quite sure that our tanks run at least one set of applied heal jewelry.

- I m not really in the mood about commenting heal parses, it is so much dependent of the type of incoming damage (group, starget, pulsating) and of the type of healers that interfere. On the fight I was talking about (actually it is not pentaclypse that we killed without much issue but the one in Guk in which group of at least 4 add keep spaning the whole fight). The spike damage at the start spike s really massive and i don't see anything complex shaman may do beside throwing oberon, torpor,regular ward, / emergency ones and direct heals -- + may be spirit tap --

- We run SK and guard (that betrayed back from zerk) and i m qute sure they know their rotations, and anyway say for my paladin what would be his rotation ? Divine aura (prob useless since it works only for hit less than 50% of his hp) 10 sec, then tower of stone 10 sec, the mit incrrease during sceal of heroism may be considered as another element and you may throw in favor of marr and well LoH is probably very hard to use due the massive damage.

There mit is really good since i read close to 12K (on eq2u) while checking gear (on eq2u) for baby paladin wearing T2 heroic gear is only a bit over 6 K.

More than a heal or tanking issue I think we have a dps issue, the intial mobs are not killed fast enough (ie before tank temp run out)...

Note that one of the issue for a non hard core raiding guild is the speed, say as example you want the RoK kunark charm for the 40mn HP buf and reuse buf, even if it is totally trivial content (my warden can probably solo most of that but it would takes forever) it still takes time. Similarly chokers would help but running shard of fear is not something fun and terror does not always drop it. Gearing a tank is such a headache since you may need items from content that is not current anymore.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Ill Will has a 100% drop rate from byzolla. Do the zone 4 times and your tank has a maxed out version of the ear.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  10. Davito Active Member

If you're guardian is the Main tank (should be over the SK obviously) - He can have a temp up basically 100% of the time. My avoidance (including stoneskins) in raid is between 60-80% of all incoming hits depending on the fight (as a guardian myself). Tower of stone, Block, Defensive Minded, Guardian Sphere, and Dragoons are all insanely good. Then you also have Hunker down, Battle Cry, and then to top it all off he has Bash - which is a crazy amount of unconstested block with 80-100% uptime (dependant on reuse). Outside of that he can call out for healer deathsave rotation.

As Atan mentioned Ill will is the only relevant thing from SoH anymore and it's a 100% droprate. Gearing a tank is the easiest class to gear since 4 right side slots are filled with applied heals jewelry, ill will, and then like 3 other pieces to fill the slots. Contested mayong still has a good charm if you cant get anything else good enough but Kurns x2, heroic, or WoE drops good enough charms. Miragles and Munzok easy mobs drop a bunch of jewelry, cloak, and charm that are pretty legit. Left side is simply just TSO t4 set/WoE set/T2 shard gear set. Gearing a tank with best in slot items for what you can kill should take no longer than 2 weeks if the person puts in any sort of effort. Gearing is the easy part. Getting tanks to spec and temp correctly are the hard parts.

And by no means am I calling you or your guildies bad. But I have played with a lot of people in high level raiding guilds that cant execute specs and temps/buffs correctly, so I am 100% confident that correcting those mis-steps would help tremendously. I'd be more than happy to spend some time with your tank going over spec and temp rotation, as well as show you where we fight specific encounters (I notice a big issue some guilds who are struggling have comes down to positioning the tank or the raid correctly - based on streams of them raiding). Just slide me a DM or hit me up in game.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Also the big question on my mind: will crit bonus be enabled on the server next expansion?

If it is (it was originally intended to be added in SF on SH, we haven't heard anything about it since launch) will it be balanced?

Will focused casting be looked at?

I also forgot to add the heritage quest gear, and the massive power creep we will be experiencing if it's allowed to stay in game in its current state.
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

More players.... More raiders...

More people who can handle encounters that aren't tank and spank.

Oh who am I kidding.
  13. Doomey Active Member

I didn't know you were playing Davito. I just started playing on FG a couple weeks ago. made a guard too, lol.
    Davito likes this.
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I want CB enabled.

What about the /claim p2w?
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Also noted that no developers response to the myriad of questions in discord.

Since you can't read, but they only respond to pay to win questions on discord unfortunately.
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I read just fine ty. I was wondering if there were changes being made to the /claim and p2w issues...
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Originally the items weren't claimable.
  18. Fistpower Well-Known Member

There is also the whole inheritance merchant thing on FG when SF unlocks.

On Stormhold, these items were so overpowered when it unlocked that no gear dropping in raids (or heroics for that matter, plz fix this cuz SF heroics are kinda fun) would be upgrades.

(edit: just saw someone else mentioned it)
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

The inheritance merchant thing sounds concerning. I don't know what it is tho but if it's discouraging players from running heroics it's bad.

If it were there on stormhold let us hope they do not make the same mistake twice
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Basically you complete a heritage quest, and get a level 90 version of the HQ. The gear is infusable, so you pour platinums into it and the gear gets stronger.

I think you can get it up to like 15% potency and 211 stamina or something bonkers? Compared to the 8% tops we have on every item now~

IIRC we got a wizard on live with no familiar, up to like 220 potency? With only half of its gear slots filled and all of it maxed out.

This also means that we only have potentially 8-9 slots of gear to go for in the entire expansion, and given the nature of how SF is itemized and the difference from t1-t4 is negligible you're looking at being basically best in slot the day you clear the easy mode content.

The gear is purchasable whenever a toon hits level 90 on live, stormhold etc in all my tests. I've had zero response from the proper channels as to if this gear will be in, is it intended, will it be fixed, etc. I imagine it will probably be forgotten about then nerfed later on down the road, or they will want to keep the items in since it's a heritage quest server and the items never got any use on stormhold

That's also just the stats, all the items have insane procs on them like a proc on ghoulbane that does 10k damage that procs like 10-15 times a minute with a 15 potency proc attached to it.

The shiny brass shield has 3k protection on it, allowing anyone in game to just cap uncontested block with little to no block chance required. Making this shield best in slot for clerics, bards when they need to bard shield ally, and cleric is too far away etc. The tomahawk has a 3 trigger stoneskin which means tanks will reach 90%+ avoidance reports. All of the gear has red adorn slots in it too, same with the weapons, making you instantly negate any itemization for DoV as well. It also means you can instantly go up a massive amount of stats just by being able to put red adorns on gear as well.